SI FanNation: Commander's celebration irks Cowboy

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
FCBarca;2296560 said:
No way it was last year...There was a time I felt that way but before he became the teammate he has become now.

Yes it was last year, heck even just a few months ago you were saying "If I had to choose, I'd say cut TO loose and sign some FAs...Romo is a big part of why TO is doing so well, too"

FCBarca

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2296618 said:
Yes it was last year, heck even just a few months ago you were saying "If I had to choose, I'd say cut TO loose and sign some FAs...Romo is a big part of why TO is doing so well, too"

Sounds like the only part you've got right in that scenario is how I felt about T.O. when he was first signed so unless he was signed last season, you'd be wrong...Perhaps your fixation is either on me or confabulating other posts to be mine...Either way, you are incorrect

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2296595 said:
I'd think that Tank should be a lot more angry about the piss poor performance by the defense that helped ALLOW them to celebrate on the star.

If you don't like them being able to do that Tank then here's an idea....stop them from scoring 26 points and beating you.

:hammer:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ArockOntheStar;2296574 said:
where was teague to hit rock out of the star. where was owens to bash rock. already in the locker room complaining he isnt getting ht eball enough when 1/3 of the plays were to him...
its not that bad as what ur own player did when he was on the niners.... he didnt get a td and run in the middle put his arms up.. rock just happen to walk across the field to shake hands and happened to landed on the star and celebrated there.. ahhh how good it feels to celebrate on americas teams star... and a new child was born on cowboyszone.com :D
Funny that you described yourself as a newborn child. Don't make us change your diapers.

;)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
FCBarca;2296663 said:
Sounds like the only part you've got right in that scenario is how I felt about T.O. when he was first signed so unless he was signed last season, you'd be wrong...Perhaps your fixation is either on me or confabulating other posts to be mine...Either way, you are incorrect

So none of these posts are yours?

I remember him laughing and smiling on the Star, on his way out of Philly, calling out teammates in SF, etc...A smile?...Big deal.

He wants to be the man, be a man...All these drops, key drops?...Pathetic

Moreover, Mr. 'Get the popcorn out' failed to shine in the limelight...Don't star players rise to the occasion when the attention is centered on them?...TO has great talent, no one denies it...But the string of key drops is becoming routine rather than occasional...He didn't help this team win tonight

The way it looks, unless a FA becomes available, TO will remain...The last factor to consider is Drew Rosenhaus...Owens will be looking to get paid and that could be the only deal breaker as JJ has learned not to give away the farm longterm...If I had to choose, I'd say cut TO loose and sign some FAs...Romo is a big part of why TO is doing so well, too

If Glenn were healthy and a part of things, along with good development of our young WRs, I'd say let TO walk as there will be other FAs available...But the way things are, looks like TO has a lot of leverage...Question is, will he be unreasonable with it (Past history says yes) or will he want to continue to be a part of things?

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Faerluna;2296311 said:
"This is how it is. When you win, you win with class. When you lose, you lose with class," Johnson said. "

Since when does Tank Johnson know anything about class?

Although I will admit, it wasn't a particularly smart move by Cartwright. I hope Zorn has a little chat with him.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2296699 said:
Since when does Tank Johnson know anything about class?

Although I will admit, it wasn't a particularly smart move by Cartwright. I hope Zorn has a little chat with him.

Owning guns is unclassy now?

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I don't care if you feel like you're disrespected, Tank.

The way you guys played, I'm surprised they didn't take a dump on the star. Because you guys definitely deserved a big ol' heaping helping of it.

If Dallas really cared, we'd blow the Commanders out of the water. It's only Week 5 now, we definitely have a chance to change this. Use this rage, not to ***** and moan, but to come out with guns blazing at Washington.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2296730 said:
Owning guns is unclassy now?

No, not necessarily.

Owning enough guns to defend himself in case the entire Chinese army decides to attack Tank Johnson personally, resulting in someone's death kinda is...

FCBarca

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2296692 said:
So none of these posts are yours?

Correction, you ARE fixated on me

Convenient to leave out dates on these which proves absolutely nothing apart from your obsession...Nevermind that in none of those comments was there anything relating to your op of T.O.'s disrespect of the star should've led to him being cut loose.

Still apples and oranges, now just mixed with a little obsession

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tank's between Rock and a hard place
September 29, 2008 3:38 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
Cartwright Johnson

IRVING, Texas -- Just returned from Valley Ranch, where most Cowboys players remained in hiding following Sunday's 26-24 loss to the Commanders. Since I didn't have a chance to visit with defensive tackle Tank Johnson on Sunday, I asked about his postgame altercation with Commanders running back Rock Cartwright.

Johnson spotted Cartwright standing on the Cowboys star at midfield and gazing through the hole in the roof at Texas Stadium. He interpreted this to be a mocking gesture.

"You gotta be a man," Johnson said Monday. "Don't stand and disrespect our field. Don't disrespect our house. We have a lot more class than that. We'd never do that in their house. I thought it was classless. I know you weren't favored to beat us, but don't act like you just won a Super Bowl. It was just childish."

Cartwright admitted that he was talking trash after the game, but said he wasn't trying to disrespect the star. Could it be that the Commanders had the ball at midfield, and Cartwright was forced to line up on the star?

No matter what happened, it's embarrassing that Johnson, an alleged team leader, was so focused on something that had absolutely nothing to do with the final outcome. He also said that the Commanders' offensive line didn't push the Cowboys around Sunday.

"It was more us than them," he said.

Huh? Guess I didn't see it that way.

Commanders-Cowboys, Tank Johnson, Rock Cartwright, Dallas Cowboys

Read comments or leave a comment

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2296820 said:
Tank's between Rock and a hard place
September 29, 2008 3:38 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
Cartwright Johnson

IRVING, Texas -- Just returned from Valley Ranch, where most Cowboys players remained in hiding following Sunday's 26-24 loss to the Commanders. Since I didn't have a chance to visit with defensive tackle Tank Johnson on Sunday, I asked about his postgame altercation with Commanders running back Rock Cartwright.

Johnson spotted Cartwright standing on the Cowboys star at midfield and gazing through the hole in the roof at Texas Stadium. He interpreted this to be a mocking gesture.

"You gotta be a man," Johnson said Monday. "Don't stand and disrespect our field. Don't disrespect our house. We have a lot more class than that. We'd never do that in their house. I thought it was classless. I know you weren't favored to beat us, but don't act like you just won a Super Bowl. It was just childish."

Cartwright admitted that he was talking trash after the game, but said he wasn't trying to disrespect the star. Could it be that the Commanders had the ball at midfield, and Cartwright was forced to line up on the star?

No matter what happened, it's embarrassing that Johnson, an alleged team leader, was so focused on something that had absolutely nothing to do with the final outcome. He also said that the Commanders' offensive line didn't push the Cowboys around Sunday.

"It was more us than them," he said.

Huh? Guess I didn't see it that way.

Commanders-Cowboys, Tank Johnson, Rock Cartwright, Dallas Cowboys

Read comments or leave a comment
Tank, welcome to the so-called "rivalry"! That WAS their Super Bowl!!! :lmao2:

Sonny#9

Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;2296917 said:
Tank, welcome to the so-called "rivalry"! That WAS their Super Bowl!!! :lmao2:

Well maybe your players should take it a bit more seriously. Cowboys have only won 2 of the last 7.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2296785 said:
No, not necessarily.

Owning enough guns to defend himself in case the entire Chinese army decides to attack Tank Johnson personally, resulting in someone's death kinda is...

How many guns did he own do you even know?

Him nor his guns had anything do with with anyones death thats just BS

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I dont know about anyone else... but for me...

I HOPE that every loss is followed by another team disrespecting us. I really do.

No more sunshine and rainbows. Dark and Gloomy until we win the darn SB... heck... we cant even win playoff games yet.

I hope Wins from here on out come via some real smashmouth football. None of this cruising with a lead or a last minute/drive comeback from the offense.

Offenses get shut down at the wrong times - in the playoff... in the SB's.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Since I* will be leaving shortly I will go ahead and answer this post for Sonny.

The answer is 6 he owned 6 guns. Would it freak you out to know I own More than 6 guns? Almost twice as many in fact.

The big law he broke was he lived in Chicago and did not register the guns, but hey guess what Chicago does not allow you to register guns!! Thats right the leaders of Chicago decided the 2nd amendment did not apply there so they made a law where you have to register all guns with the police department, but also ordered the police department not to register any guns. Effectively banning them.

In 49 other states he would nevber have been questioned or arrested

Sonny#9

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2297059 said:
The answer is 6 he owned 6 guns. Would it freak you out to know I own More than 6 guns? Almost twice as many in fact.

Yes it does. In fact, it worries me a lot... I'll be nicer to you from now on...:D

BigDFan5;2297059 said:
The big law he broke was he lived in Chicago and did not register the guns, but hey guess what Chicago does not allow you to register guns!! Thats right the leaders of Chicago decided the 2nd amendment did not apply there so they made a law where you have to register all guns with the police department, but also ordered the police department not to register any guns. Effectively banning them.

In 49 other states he would nevber have been questioned or arrested

Except for the fact that his body guard was killed, was he not? Or was he just wounded?

slick325

Reaction score
"It's the fourth game of the season. No one has accomplished anything but a win."

Well put Tank. I wish these Skins fans here in the Nations Capitol would realize that. What happens if a wounded Philly team at 2-2 realizes that the division is too tough to let the front runners be three games ahead of them (assuming The Giants and Dallas win next week) and they beat the Skins putting both squads at 3-2? All of a sudden the win against Dallas means nothing because the Skins would be in the NFC East basement.

It's a week to week league like Bradie James said.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sonny#9;2297154 said:
Yes it does. In fact, it worries me a lot... I'll be nicer to you from now on...:D

Except for the fact that his body guard was killed, was he not? Or was he just wounded?
His bodyguard was killed in a club incident where Tank was not an aggressor. Unfortunately those type of incidences are all too regular on the club scene. Go out, somebody steps on some guy's shoes or spills a drink on him or his girl. Instead of accepting, "My Bad." The "victim" mean-mugs the rest of the night and then tries to take out the other guy by firing shots at the whole crew.