SI King MMQB: Tony Romo's a hero. Marion Barber's the truth.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Missed in this game and the win is that this could have been a blow out had Romo not be injured.

I'm convinced the bad throws were a product of timing and rust.

We're inside the Commanders 30 thrice and we come away with no points - two because of INTs, one just to run the clock out. Assume we score 7 on both those trips, the score is 28-10, and we're trying to kill the clock at the end.

Romo makes a BIG difference for this team, just moving the ball into scoring range.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
THUMPER;2425382 said:
You're right, Ward would have to drop about 10 passes per game over the next 3 years to come up to Owens' level.
Dropping 10 passes a game? What game were you watching. T.O. has never done that.
THUMPER;2425382 said:
Ward actually blocks downfield. Ward actually holds onto the ball. Ward actually runs his routes all the way through. Ward will play defense on a poorly thrown ball so that it doesn't get picked off.
T.O blocks upfield, downfield, across field.

THUMPER;2425382 said:
Owens is bigger, faster, and has had a lot more passes thrown his way over the years but pass by pass Ward is by far the better receiver. And even more importantly, play by play, Ward is astronomically the better football player.
Sounds like you have been listening to the hype machine for Hines Ward too much. 'he's a great blocker, he's tough'. That hype doesn't lead to Ward being a better receiver than Owens. Ward is a good receiver but he isn't now or never has been on T.O. level.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
superpunk;2425208 said:
I think Peter King wants to have Romo's babies after this entry.

Reminds me of a scene in that movie, "The Natural."

Barbara Hershey's character is obsessed with and drawn to whomever is the best. She is with "The Bammer" until a young Roy Hobbs strikes him out on three pitches.

Then, there's a scene of Hershey's character shifting her longing gaze from The Bammer to Roy Hobbs.

That's Peter King. With a steaming cup of Hazelnut latte in hand, he turns his gaze slowly from Brett Favre and focuses his obsessive eyes on young Tony Romo.

superpunk

Reaction score
Chief;2426195 said:
Reminds me of a scene in that movie, "The Natural."

Barbara Hershey's character is obsessed with and drawn to whomever is the best. She is with "The Bammer" until a young Roy Hobbs strikes him out on three pitches.

Then, there's a scene of Hershey's character shifting her longing gaze from The Bammer to Roy Hobbs.

That's Peter King. With a steaming cup of Hazelnut latte in hand, he turns his gaze slowly from Brett Favre and focuses his obsessive eyes on young Tony Romo.
Now let's just hope he doesn't shoot Romo in a hotel room.

shnagy

Reaction score
THUMPER;2425382 said:
You're right, Ward would have to drop about 10 passes per game over the next 3 years to come up to Owens' level.

Ward actually blocks downfield. Ward actually holds onto the ball. Ward actually runs his routes all the way through. Ward will play defense on a poorly thrown ball so that it doesn't get picked off.

Owens is bigger, faster, and has had a lot more passes thrown his way over the years but pass by pass Ward is by far the better receiver. And even more importantly, play by play, Ward is astronomically the better football player.

TO is better. Hines doesn't play for us. Go cheer for the Steelers if you don't like it.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
bootsy;2425326 said:
You'd be the only one. Why don't you try watching their entire careers and not yesterday. Hines Ward doesn't come close to T.O.
Just look at the Career numbers, T.O.'s a HOF'er while Ward is Borderline at best.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Ten things I think I think
4. I think Terrell Owens needs to look at a tape of his game last night and ask himself why, in such a big game. he didn't catch the ball well. He drops the ball too much to be considered one of the all-time greats.

what a joke.....

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img125.*************/img125/849/ch51sunnov162008082245poz3.jpg

I was hoping Tony would pull "a Namath." Then again, she ain't Suzy Kolber.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
THUMPER;2425227 said:
I hate it when I agree with "The Peter King". :bang2:

As for Owens.... After watching Hines Ward yesterday then watching Terrell Owens, I would take Ward 10 out of 10 times over Owens.

but Ward always has that stupid smile on his face

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;2426548 said:
http://img125.*************/img125/849/ch51sunnov162008082245poz3.jpg

Andrea's coat was nice though. She is so short it is funny the way the players have to bend over to talk to her.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2426548 said:
But she is a blonde and we both know, Tony likes blondes.