News: SI: Prescott: I was greedy

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
when you guys go to work and you're contract is up do you guys ask for less money from the organization? I didn't think so
I was the quiet go to work and keep out of the gossip guy for many years, and was long overdue a good promotion. Sometimes folks like me get overlooked because we don't make any noise.

The utilities director finally noticed what I did and put me in for a whopping 25% raise, to sort of make up for lost money in the past. I made good money (to me good money) and the kinda raise would have put me into the great money.

The personnel director, who didn't know the difference between a wrench and a Capacitor, decided 10% was more than enough. A person who had no idea the type of work I did made the decision on what I was worth.

Long story short, I hope everyone gets what they can while they can. Pro athletes make what the market dictates. If folks keep paying the prices to go to games, merch, tv bundles, etc. it will just keep going up. But if market is willing to pay, hard to blame owners or players.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It’s frustrating on my part,” Prescott said. “I think just being greedy in some of the reads, trying to put the dagger in them, I guess you could say, rather than just continuing to play through the play and play through the drive. I was trying to do it on one play. I can’t do that. We can’t do that as an offense. We just got to stay within it and allow that play to come.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-offense-problem-dak-prescott-greedy-final
You got me! I thought for sure he finally realized he asked to be paid too much.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well, Allen just went to the AFC Championship and Herbert is in his second career season and so far has statistically far outperformed Dak as a QB.

The whole offense in LA is centered around Herbert, in his first year as a true starter, and his arm and making ELITE and difficult throws. The difficulty level of his throws is insane and he’s doing this while the Chargers are 29th in rushing attempts. Teams are constantly dropping into cover 2 against this guy, and the Chargers don’t have a RG to force defenses out of these zones.

Like I said, anybody that even puts Herbert in the same category as a mediocre QB by the name of Dak, who has, been getting away with his RBs in Zeke and Pollard averaging close to 6 yards per carry and over 5 yards on first down during their win streak has no business discussing QB play. If Herbert saw all the press man coverage and ONE SAFETY Dak saw with these WRs and RG, he’d throw 400 yards regularly, and put up 500 multiple times a season. Teams literally would have ZERO idea what to do.

Facts are Dak looked awful against the Saints, who ARE able to stop the run, and were able to play cover 2 more often than not just like when he played the Chargers . The Chargers run defense is trash and they play heavy zone, and outside of 1 meaningless dink and dunk to Lamb that better 40 yards on a run after the catch to end the half, Dak could only muster 170 yards passing.

The reality is the more one begins to see the RG for Dallas start moving towards average, let alone bad, Dak will get exposed more and more as a pretender

khiladi

Reaction score
If anybody takes Dak over Herbert, they should be banished from being anywhere near a football, let alone the game.

You insert Dak into the Chargers offense, he’s done, because he couldn’t make half the throws Herbert does regularly. You insert Herbert into the Dallas offense, that offense becomes instantly better, BY LIGHT YEARS. Every throw Dak makes that’s accurate on his first read, Herbert can nail on any progression. The guy flies through his progressions and his mechanics are flawless. That release is insane.

This is basically the same throw that Hill threw the pick to against Diggs and the Saints except like 15 yards farther downfield and he’s still on the pocket

And this angle shows you just how insane it was.

https://youtube.com/shorts/z55Im3gImGk?feature=share

Last edited:

foofighters

Reaction score
It’s frustrating on my part,” Prescott said. “I think just being greedy in some of the reads, trying to put the dagger in them, I guess you could say, rather than just continuing to play through the play and play through the drive. I was trying to do it on one play. I can’t do that. We can’t do that as an offense. We just got to stay within it and allow that play to come.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-offense-problem-dak-prescott-greedy-final
I can hear hear Kellen Moore, "Hey Dak, what's this "we" ..."

foofighters

Reaction score
If anybody takes Dak over Herbert, they should be banished from being anywhere near a football, let alone the game.

You insert Dak into the Chargers offense, he’s done, because he couldn’t make half the throws Herbert does regularly. You insert Herbert into the Dallas offense, that offense becomes instantly better, BY LIGHT YEARS. Every throw Dak makes that’s accurate on his first read, Herbert can nail on any progression. The guy flies through his progressions and his mechanics are flawless. That release is insane.

This is basically the same throw that Hill threw the pick to against Diggs and the Saints except like 15 yards farther downfield and he’s still on the pocket

Did Herbert have a torn tendon in his finger?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Well, Allen just went to the AFC Championship and Herbert is in his second career season and so far has statistically far outperformed Dak as a QB.
Bills scored 17 points in their divisional game and Ravens scored 3. So theres that joke. Next.....

So you go from hyping up team success with Allen, but since you cant do it with Herbert you slide to stats like a little weasel? Yall dont even try to hide your nonsense on here.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Bills scored 17 points in their divisional game and Ravens scored 3. So theres that joke. Next.....

So you go from hyping up team success with Allen, but since you cant do it with Herbert you slide to stats like a little weasel? Yall dont even try to hide your nonsense on here.

Name calling to prove your position? Yeah, you lost the debate already with that approach. So again, Allen led the Bills to the AFC Championship and continues to improve the team record each year whereas Dak has not gone to a NFC Championship game and has led the team to an up and down record. Both Allen and Herbert are putting up better stats at their current pace than Dak....so you lose on both sides of the debate.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I was greedy...

So basically he got impatient and tried to take the bus onto the shoulder to pass everyone but got stuck instead.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Cowboys win.....Rock shows up to celebrate the Dallas Dak......Cowboys lose....crickets from Rock.

PS

Funny how you claim we hate the Cowboys yet you never mention the Cowboys....only Dak.
Go Cowboys!!! Keep shutting up the bottom feeders like this one!!

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Name calling to prove your position? Yeah, you lost the debate already with that approach. So again, Allen led the Bills to the AFC Championship and continues to improve the team record each year whereas Dak has not gone to a NFC Championship game and has led the team to an up and down record. Both Allen and Herbert are putting up better stats at their current pace than Dak....so you lose on both sides of the debate.
You dont know what name calling is apparently. Let me break it down for you since they didn't teach you in basic training. I said LIKE a little weasel. I did not call you a little weasel. Similiar to saying someone is acting dumb isnt calling them dumb. Get it?

Now back to your trash takes. Again, Bills held Ravens to 3 points. Last time Dak played in the divisional round we gave up how many points in the Jaylon/LVE exposal? Ok.

Next. Current pace? You're comparing second year Dak that had Allen Hurns and rookie Gallup to second year Herbert with Keenan Allen and Mike Williams? Speaking of ACTING dumb.

Try again.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nice to see you posting after Dallas lost 3 of 4 games and you went into the witness protection program.
The board is overwhelmed with negative posters like you when the team loses. Why would anyone want to put up with that?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

so your entire argument is based on one throw and bad play by the defender...

Dak completion% 69, Herbert 66%...
Dak Int% 1.9%, Herbert 2.3%.

one could very easily argue that Herbert has had better WR group through the year, better OL

just wow....you dove in head first into your ********* again...haven't you had enough