SI ranks the top 25 coaches of all time...

Star Struck

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
We should probably be prepared for Landry to be one of the two omitted... :(

Thinking the same thing. Looking at who's left and who should be there, he may get stiffed...

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
There are 21 coaches in the HOF according to the web site's positional breakdown. At least 7 aren't on the list, Noll, Shula, Landry, Halas and Brown have already been mentioned as well as Steve Owen and Greasy Neale.

I feel that Belichek and and Parcells are locks for the Hall so this writer must feel that at least four HOFers or HOF caliber coaches aren't as worthy as Shottenheimer.

I'd argue that Cowher, Reeves, Holmgren and Shanahan are too highly ranked also, Reeves especially.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
There are 21 coaches in the HOF according to the web site's positional breakdown. At least 7 aren't on the list, Noll, Shula, Landry, Halas and Brown have already been mentioned as well as Steve Owen and Greasy Neale.

I feel that Belichek and and Parcells are locks for the Hall so this writer must feel that at least four HOFers or HOF caliber coaches aren't as worthy as Shottenheimer.

I'd argue that Cowher, Reeves, Holmgren and Shanahan are too highly ranked also, Reeves especially.
Great info.

tenken627

Reaction score
This list was NOT made by Sports Illustrated, it is nowhere on their site, and the OP doesn't even have a link for it.

The list is from the new EA Sports video game NFL Head Coach which is coming out very soon. The list from the game was reported by Sports IGN - the sports game section of IGN, a video game online website. It is basically how EA Sports views the top 25 coaches in NFL history.

Here is the link for the top 25 coaching list http://sports.ign.com/articles/712/712649p1.html

I do believe Bill Parcells will not be on the list since he is not part of the association that lets his name be marketed. Just like how in the EA Sports Madden series, he is referred to as just "Dallas Coach". I have no clue who the other ommission would be, but his name will also probably be ommited because of the naming rights, just like Parcells.

calico

Reaction score
#11 is WAAAAYYY too high.

JJ is getting screwed on this one also.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
tenken627 said:
This list was NOT made by Sports Illustrated, it is nowhere on their site, and the OP doesn't even have a link for it.

The list is from the new EA Sports video game NFL Head Coach which is coming out very soon. The list from the game was reported by Sports IGN - the sports game section of IGN, a video game online website. It is basically how EA Sports views the top 25 coaches in NFL history.

Here is the link for the top 25 coaching list http://sports.ign.com/articles/712/712649p1.html

I do believe Bill Parcells will not be on the list since he is not part of the association that lets his name be marketed. Just like how in the EA Sports Madden series, he is referred to as just "Dallas Coach". I have no clue who the other ommission would be, but his name will also probably be ommited because of the naming rights, just like Parcells.

If thats the case, I also believe that Bellicheck also did not give out his naming rights, so he may be another one.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hey Guys, don't want this to get lost.

Can we make a mental note to try and check back on this for results?

Thank you.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Hey Guys, don't want this to get lost.

Can we make a mental note to try and check back on this for results?

Thank you.

It is interesting to know, but now that it is clear that some will be omitted simply because they don't let their names get liscensed for a video game, who really cares about the integrity of the list. Good eye by tenken.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Don't foget, also still available are:
Barry Switzer
Chan Gaily
Dave Campo
:laugh1:

there is still 5-1:p: