News: SI: Stephen Jones says Cowboys goal is to sign Dak Prescott this weekend!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
BREAKING: Stephen Jones says Cowboys goal is to sign Dak Prescott - this weekend!

https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FwrXBZXKyZ0Cs1yNmLcpZ7g%2Fphoto%3Fversion%3D7

byMikeFisher

BREAKING: Stephen Jones says Cowboys goal is to sign Dak Prescott - this weekend!

FRISCO - I have suggested for months that the Dallas Cowboys would sign QB Dak Prescott before their Week 1 game. Having gone out on that limb, I've opted to remain there, even this week sticking my prediction. Here it is Friday ... and Cowboys COO Stephen Jones seems to be willing to crawl out there on the limb with me.

“We’re still holding out hope that we can figure out how to come up with a deal by the game on Sunday,'' said Jones on 105.3 The Fan on Friday at about 3:30 p.m.

So ... that gives both sides literally a matter of hours, as Sunday's game kicks off at 3:25 p.m. at AT&T Stadium.

(Continued...): http://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/...ys-goal-is-to-sign-dak-prescott-this-weekend/

Did I miss something..........lol.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If they just wait he will be cheaper after the Packers game. Dak showed nothing against the Saints. Yes we all know Dallas couldnt run the ball but thats when your franchise QB has to find ways to make plays. Did you see Wilson last night take the snap and get back quickly and fire a 20 yd completion off his back foot as the pass rush was about to hit him. He didnt have the time to step into the throw. That is something Dak will never be able to do.
I suggest you rewatch the saints game and you will see Dak stand tall in the pocket and take a huge hit as he delivers the ball. This stupid myth that Dak can't do stuff is getting out of hand.

Carson

Reaction score
Shouldn't we be focused on the Packers this weekend? This team and its distractions is ridiculous. I wish this team was just about football and playing great football. But that's not Jerry's leadership style. It's like the first fight in Rocky III but there is never going to be an Apolo Creed to take us back...

I don’t think Stephen, Jerry and Daks agent have anything to do with Sunday’s game.

They likely are talking to the agent, who will tell Dak to sign when necessary.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Shouldn't we be focused on the Packers this weekend? This team and its distractions is ridiculous. I wish this team was just about football and playing great football. But that's not Jerry's leadership style. It's like the first fight in Rocky III but there is never going to be an Apolo Creed to take us back...

It does seem fairly obvious by now that money appears to be taking precedence over the desire to play winning football. Good point.
Maybe it's time for both sides of this negotiation process to get their act together and do what's best for the team as a whole!:thumbup:

Last edited:

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I don’t think Stephen, Jerry and Daks agent have anything to do with Sunday’s game.

Exactly. The only focus and preparation that matters for the game involves players and coaches. Some people seem to think that fans and administrators should be focused, right along with players/coaches, like it would somehow make a difference.

J-man

Reaction score
Seriously ya'll need to chill out, it will get done at some point.
You Dak lovers can rest easy knowing this and you Dak haters will just have to sit back, wait and see if he earns it (it your eyes) or not.
Until then you're all just speculating (which means guessing).
4 years from now you can argue about whether or not it was a good signing.

foofighters

Reaction score

Jerry is involved with everything that is Cowboys. You don't think this is in the back of Dak's mind? You can bet there's at least some talk about this in in the locker room.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
If he woulda won last week in New Orleans he woulda got his deal then too

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FwrXBZXKyZ0Cs1yNmLcpZ7g%2Fphoto%3Fversion%3D7

byMikeFisher

FRISCO - I have suggested for months that the Dallas Cowboys would sign QB Dak Prescott before their Week 1 game. Having gone out on that limb, I've opted to remain there, even this week sticking my prediction. Here it is Friday ... and Cowboys COO Stephen Jones seems to be willing to crawl out there on the limb with me.

“We’re still holding out hope that we can figure out how to come up with a deal by the game on Sunday,'' said Jones on 105.3 The Fan on Friday at about 3:30 p.m.

So ... that gives both sides literally a matter of hours, as Sunday's game kicks off at 3:25 p.m. at AT&T Stadium.

(Continued...): http://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/...ys-goal-is-to-sign-dak-prescott-this-weekend/

My goal is to make 100 million dollars this weekend.

starman22

Reaction score

byMikeFisher

"If they don’t do so before Sunday's game, Stephen says the Cowboys are “open for business” to continue talks during the season."

After reading the article and the above quote, it looks to me like this was written before the season opener.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO, message top Prescott and his agent, YOU WIN!

What a total tool this jerkwad is, if his old man didn't own the team, he wouldn't be allowed near a NFL football team.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
then after this weekend it will be in a couple weeks its coming that weekend just stop wait until the season is over see where it goes and go from there