News: SI: Stephen Jones says Cowboys goal is to sign Dak Prescott this weekend!

Q_the_man

Reaction score
If they just wait he will be cheaper after the Packers game. Dak showed nothing against the Saints. Yes we all know Dallas couldnt run the ball but thats when your franchise QB has to find ways to make plays. Did you see Wilson last night take the snap and get back quickly and fire a 20 yd completion off his back foot as the pass rush was about to hit him. He didnt have the time to step into the throw. That is something Dak will never be able to do.
I'm glad we didn't give up on Troy Aikman after going 0-9 his rookie season.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Are you suggesting contracts given out don't require more money as the cap rises? You're calculations have failed you.

No, I'm suggesting the 30 some million you claim will be unavailable for other players is gonna be replaced by a rising cap.

There ain't less of the pie when the pie keep getting bigger.

Reaction score
ATTENTION: THIS IS PHONY “NEWS”.

THIS IS OLD NEWS WITH OLD QUOTES FROM, FROM SEPTEMBER 6th.

That quote from Stephen is the EXACT same as his quote from September 6th.

https://1053thefan.radio.com/articles/news/cowboys-hoping-get-dak-prescott-extension-done-sunday

Another obvious clue that this was originally written prior to our Week 1 game:

He mentions in the 1st paragraph that he predicted a deal would get done prior to Week 1. He then says he’s “sticking with his prediction” (even though his prediction turned out to be WRONG) and that Stephen is going out on the limb with him.

Then after Stephen’s quote:

“So ... that gives both sides literally a matter of hours, as Sunday's game kicks off at 3:25 p.m. at AT&T Stadium.”

Either SI.com or Mike Fisher himself need to be better. This is embarrassing.

MODS SHOULD REMOVE THIS POST AND BAN OP

Rockdoc

Reaction score
after the game we just had to live thru it would be mentally good for team on whole to get this done.

visionary

Reaction score
BREAKING: Stephen Jones says Cowboys goal is to sign Dak Prescott - this weekend!

https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FwrXBZXKyZ0Cs1yNmLcpZ7g%2Fphoto%3Fversion%3D7

byMikeFisher

BREAKING: Stephen Jones says Cowboys goal is to sign Dak Prescott - this weekend!

FRISCO - I have suggested for months that the Dallas Cowboys would sign QB Dak Prescott before their Week 1 game. Having gone out on that limb, I've opted to remain there, even this week sticking my prediction. Here it is Friday ... and Cowboys COO Stephen Jones seems to be willing to crawl out there on the limb with me.

“We’re still holding out hope that we can figure out how to come up with a deal by the game on Sunday,'' said Jones on 105.3 The Fan on Friday at about 3:30 p.m.

So ... that gives both sides literally a matter of hours, as Sunday's game kicks off at 3:25 p.m. at AT&T Stadium.

(Continued...): http://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/...ys-goal-is-to-sign-dak-prescott-this-weekend/

Shut up Stephen

To go along with

Shut up Jerry

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
No, I'm suggesting the 30 some million you claim will be unavailable for other players is gonna be replaced by a rising cap.

There ain't less of the pie when the pie keep getting bigger.
Every year new contracts given out increase with the cap. So no, it won't be replaced by rising cap. My calculation is correct.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
It seems more than obvious by now that the Dallas FO wants to settle their current contract negotiations with Dak and his agent. This situation seems to be getting more and more a clear indication that the Dallas FO is intent upon resolving their contractual differences, while Dak and his agent are intent upon dragging this thing out in the hopes that an overly generous contract might be surrendered. I'm hoping Dak keeps his word about not being greedy and keeps his demands realistic. Then, perhaps both sides can settle their differences amicably.

Dak is greedy
Not signing the contract so far tells us he’s greedy and does not care about any distraction might cause

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Every year new contracts given out increase with the cap. So no, it won't be replaced by rising cap. My calculation is correct.

And those new deals surround Dak with talent. Exactly what you claimed we'd not have money to do.

Did ya fail logic too?

Wood

Reaction score
odd that Stephan would put in such a deadline during the season.