Siaki ika and drew sanders

cnuball21

Reaction score
Trenton Simpson is 6'3'' and 240 lbs and runs a 4.3. Has the skillset of someone else we know.

If he's there, I jump all over that. The guy covers receivers like a corner, and they had him covering receivers in college. He's legit.

He can play DE and LB. This guy would be the perfect piece for Dan Quinn's defense.

I’ll have to watch more and read more, but I was watching a recent draft pod and they knocked his instincts…which is the most important piece of being a LBr.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Say no to any linebacker in round 1. Even micah wasn't worth a round 1 selection as a linebacker as he's shown in his time as a MLB. He's good but not Luke Keckly (however it's spelled) 1st round good. That position is similar to running backs but somehow running backs get the bad rap
If it’s just a run defender type yes…if it’s someone that can cover and gives you pass rush I’d disagree.

Sanders fits that mold for me.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If it’s just a run defender type yes…if it’s someone that can cover and gives you pass rush I’d disagree.

Sanders fits that mold for me.
Pass rush meaning blitzing? If so it's still a no. Who is the best blitzing linebacker in the NFL?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Pass rush meaning blitzing? If so it's still a no. Who is the best blitzing linebacker in the NFL?
Sanders used to be a DE. He wins blitzing and he wins rushing off the edge. He’s a unique dude.

Best blitzing LBr if we aren’t counting Micah would probably be White on the Bucs? Idk.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Say no to any linebacker in round 1. Even micah wasn't worth a round 1 selection as a linebacker as he's shown in his time as a MLB. He's good but not Luke Keckly (however it's spelled) 1st round good. That position is similar to running backs but somehow running backs get the bad rap
Lulz, dunce.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Lulz, dunce.
She mad
Sanders used to be a DE. He wins blitzing and he wins rushing off the edge. He’s a unique dude.

Best blitzing LBr if we aren’t counting Micah would probably be White on the Bucs? Idk.
White isn't a first round player besides that super bowl run. If sanders can't legit win on the edge his rushing doesn't really make a difference

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Sanders *somewhat* reminds me of Micah Parsons in that he moves like a smaller player than the big guy that he is. That’s one of the things that I like to see when looking at LB prospects. As we know, it is Micah’s insane movement skills and speed that makes him so dangerous and special.

Does Sanders move as well as Micah? No. However, he does move much better than a guy his size should, which is still a pretty rare thing.

Something else that I like about Sanders is that he has edge rusher experience and skills to go along with that size… meaning that Dan Quinn could use him as a chess piece like he does Parsons, creating another problem in the offensive protection meetings on Saturday nights.

Finally, what Sanders has that I feel like is imperative for a defender, is instincts and a good grasp of leverage and angles. Even with his limited play experience, he seems to have a good understanding of what the offense is trying to do and just has a very nice football IQ. At his height, understanding leverage is a must and from what I’ve seen of Sanders, he keeps pretty good leverage throughout his play.

So, I guess I’m saying that if the Cowboys and Quinn think that Sanders is the way to go at pick 26, then I am all for it because he really could be a weapon. Quinn could create all kinds of issues for the offense with Sanders on one side and Parsons on the other.

That would be amazing!! That'd also help keep Micah from constant having to deal with the best blockers.

cnuball21

Reaction score
She mad

White isn't a first round player besides that super bowl run. If sanders can't legit win on the edge his rushing doesn't really make a difference
He can. Have you even watched him or are you just spitballing at this point?

rambo2

Reaction score
I think they may take Sanders at 26. I think that some good targets would be Sanders and Robison from Texas or a corner. The center from Minnesota might be a good pick as well. Taking the top player on their board will be the good way to go. That would probably give them a good player at 26 and then they go on from there.

rambo2

Reaction score
Ika Def does. I have seen alot of his tape. Wouldn't even take him round 2
They probably will have players ranked higher than him on their board when they pick. I suspect that they go with the highest player on their board and they likely will get a very good player falling to them.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
They probably will have players ranked higher than him on their board when they pick. I suspect that they go with the highest player on their board and they likely will get a very good player falling to them.
If they want a 1 tech I'd take Mazi Smith or the dt from Texas over Ika

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I like Sanders a lot. The Anthony Barr comp seems to be a good one. I wouldn’t hate the pick, but this team on defense has to become a more physical group.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Got watching Ika this morning. Don't have as much to say about him as compared to Sanders. He's kind of a budget Vita Vea - great size, enormous power, good movement. But I'm not seeing the kind of freaky traits that make Vea who he is. I don't see much pass rush upside with Ika at all, and he doesn't eat double teams like Pringles like say Derrick Brown did at Auburn. Dude really needs to get his pad level lower if he's going to play the power game.

I see him as a pure 1T or NT, like in a Hankins mold. He will be able to wrestle NFL guards, but I don't know if he'll do more. 2nd round grade for me. I think he is a starter but not a difference maker.

Sanders is a lot better prospect IMO - I can see him being a difference maker like Vander Esch was this year. As far as NTs, he's behind Keeanu Benton for me because of Benton's eye-opening Senior Bowl pass rushing, and pretty close to Mazi Smith.