Sign Gilmore and a proven run Stuffing DT!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Gilmore and a proven run stuffing DT would make a HUGE difference for this Defense.

Gilmore has lost a little bit of speed, but he’s still fast enough AND an extremely smart player. Last year when Bland struggled, Gilmore stepped up big time and shut his guy down(Brown from Philly!). Gilmore was hurting during the GB nightmare.
I believe Gilmore, Diggs( if Diggs is 100% healthy ), and Bland would give us the BEST CB trio in the NFL, by far!!!!!!

Bring in a proven run stuffing DT to help stop the run on early downs and force teams to pass vs our play making CB’s. I think our safeties and LBers will be pretty darn good vs the pass too. Hopefully, Micah will get some help rushing the passer from 54 and our rookie DE.

This D could be really good with these 2 doable moves : GILMORE and a PROVEN run STUFFER!!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Despite what Stephen and a couple of posters around here have claimed, the only shot at upgrading DT is someone that another team dumps after final cuts.

I’m still waiting for all those good players that teams were going to cut after the draft, then after June 1, etc….

If you’re serious about winning and improving your team right away you get after it early in free agency and find a way to make it work within the cap.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Gilmore and a proven run stuffing DT would make a HUGE difference for this Defense.

Gilmore has lost a little bit of speed, but he’s still fast enough AND an extremely smart player. Last year when Bland struggled, Gilmore stepped up big time and shut his guy down(Brown from Philly!). Gilmore was hurting during the GB nightmare.
I believe Gilmore, Diggs( if Diggs is 100% healthy ), and Bland would give us the BEST CB trio in the NFL, by far!!!!!!

Bring in a proven run stuffing DT to help stop the run on early downs and force teams to pass vs our play making CB’s. I think our safeties and LBers will be pretty darn good vs the pass too. Hopefully, Micah will get some help rushing the passer from 54 and our rookie DE.

This D could be really good with these 2 doable moves : GILMORE and a PROVEN run STUFFER!!
Dial 1-800-run-stop

gtb1943

Reaction score
Despite what Stephen and a couple of posters around here have claimed, the only shot at upgrading DT is someone that another team dumps after final cuts.

I’m still waiting for all those good players that teams were going to cut after the draft, then after June 1, etc….

If you’re serious about winning and improving your team right away you get after it early in free agency and find a way to make it work within the cap.
The Jethro minions will have you believe that all holes will be filled nicely by our UDFA's and anyone we get before the season that has been thrown away by another team

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

who is the run stuffing DT that's available?

exciter

Reaction score

Absolutely no reason to bring back Gilmore at this point. He’s not going to play for number 3 money and there’s no way you can push Bland back to 3 after last season. Time to move on!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

We'll get a DT THAT'S only 305 lbs, we need 330+

Chasing6

Reaction score

I expect us trading a 5th comp for a DT that we will not be excited about.