Sign Gilmore and a proven run Stuffing DT!

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
They could have signed Hank and Gilmore in March for minimal investment. They clearly aren’t interested in filling those holes.

CWR

Reaction score
Gilmore and a proven run stuffing DT would make a HUGE difference for this Defense.

Gilmore has lost a little bit of speed, but he’s still fast enough AND an extremely smart player. Last year when Bland struggled, Gilmore stepped up big time and shut his guy down(Brown from Philly!). Gilmore was hurting during the GB nightmare.
I believe Gilmore, Diggs( if Diggs is 100% healthy ), and Bland would give us the BEST CB trio in the NFL, by far!!!!!!

Bring in a proven run stuffing DT to help stop the run on early downs and force teams to pass vs our play making CB’s. I think our safeties and LBers will be pretty darn good vs the pass too. Hopefully, Micah will get some help rushing the passer from 54 and our rookie DE.

This D could be really good with these 2 doable moves : GILMORE and a PROVEN run STUFFER!!
While you're at it, go get a rb.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. Then trade for Vita Vea on top of that. There, instant run stopping.
Is he on the market or was that wishful thinking? Man, I'd love him on the DL. Heck, just hearing Jerry pronounce Tevita Tuliʻakiʻono Tuipulotu Mosese Vaʻhae Fehoko Faletau Vea will be a blast:laugh:

Flamma

Reaction score
Is he on the market or was that wishful thinking? Man, I'd love him on the DL. Heck, just hearing Jerry pronounce Tevita Tuliʻakiʻono Tuipulotu Mosese Vaʻhae Fehoko Faletau Vea will be a blast:laugh:
Just wishful thinking. We don't ever pick high enough to get a player like that. Maybe one day Dallas will trade up for one. But fans here would have called Vita Vea a bust after year 1.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Stephen always says talent acquisition is a 365 day per year job.

He works 3 days for the draft and then his Christmas is the day UFL free agents become available.

After that, he gets 361 days of well earned rest and relaxation.

It's a hard knock life.

Lol, the way he went to work after UFL season is the way he should approach the NFL FA.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys believe there are players already on the 53 that can fill those holes.
Yeah I believe there are players that can fill those holes too. The Cowboys just haven’t been interested in signing them. If we have a major injury at CB, not signing Gilmore may bite us.

The DT situation is just too depressing to talk about. Osa is almost definitely gone after this season because Jerry won’t pay him. And Mazi looks like Taco all over again. And there’s zero depth besides DE converts like Chauncey and Junior Fehoko.

I know what the Cowboys believe and they’re freaking delusional.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Log jam at CB. No reason to overpay for a vet like Gilmore. Spend the money somewhere else.
Jourdan Lewis is our weak link in coverage. Gilmore is a huge upgrade. How soon people forget. Lewis plays a couple decent games now some fans think he can be a legitimate 3rd corner and not a weak link in coverage.

Gilmore is a HUGE upgrade over Lewis!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If
Absolutely no reason to bring back Gilmore at this point. He’s not going to play for number 3 money and there’s no way you can push Bland back to 3 after last season. Time to move on!
Maybe Gilmore will take 5 million for 1 year.
Maybe the rookie can play the 3rd corner. I doubt very seriously he would be as good as Gilmore though.
We already know Lewis will get picked on all day.

exciter

Reaction score
If

Maybe Gilmore will take 5 million for 1 year.
Maybe the rookie can play the 3rd corner. I doubt very seriously he would be as good as Gilmore though.
We already know Lewis will get picked on all day.
Hmmm… doubt he’ll take under 8, part of the reason he’s still floating. Regardless 5 is still too much for a 3, especially if it alienates a player coming off the season Bland had. Most people thought Lewis played close to exceptional last season… sure wasn’t being picked on. Regardless it time to move on and see what Scott and Carson can do!