Sign Johnny Manziel

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't care about off the field crapp. I only care if they can play, and how they affect the locker room. Basically, you can only have so many Haley types on your team. You can only have so many thug types on your team.

I'm not on any moral high horse, I don't know these guys personally, and I would care about their personal life if I did. I don't, so I only care about their personal life as far as it affects the team.

Johnnyidiotmoron's personal life has a huge effect on his team. Therefore, I don't want him. There's no moral high horse involved at all, I'm simply afraid of the effect on the team, and I dang sure don't trust him far enough to rely on him as a backup.

I think it's sad that you guys turned immediately to some moral hogwash to bash us guys who don't want him. I'd hazard a guess and say that most who don't want him are like me and don't care about the moral issue. I'm a fan of the Cowboys, and I want what's best for this team, period.

Go back through the thread and check for my first post. I don't want Manziel.

Someone took a shot at Jerry like he just makes these kind of moves all of the time and I would say he doesn't compared to any other team.

kskboys

Reaction score
Go back through the thread and check for my first post. I don't want Manziel.

Someone took a shot at Jerry like he just makes these kind of moves all of the time and I would say he doesn't compared to any other team.
I was actually referring to the moral high horse thingey!!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
giphy.gif

cowboyec

Reaction score
go play in canada....prove you are serious...stay outta trouble...work on your game up-there.

as it stands today...
NO WAY.
NO HOW.
NO CHANCE.
NO THANKS.

Im all for bringing in a vet...Blaine Gabbert.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But,man! If it came down on who gets the boot to make room for MANZIEL?, I'm refusing to entertain that aspect currentlyo_O

Don't have to worry about kicking off anyone you might worry about til final cuts. Until then, Manziel is at least a camp arm.

Manziel is low cost, low risk, very high upside. We need another arm in camp anyway. I don't see the downside.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Don't have to worry about kicking off anyone you might worry about til final cuts. Until then, Manziel is at least a camp arm.

Manziel is low cost, low risk, very high upside. We need another arm in camp anyway. I don't see the downside.
COPY!
( You need to hunt yourself up an AVATAR, as it greatly facilitates the general blending of unit cohesion & the quick hit on the 'like' clicker, Friend!;))

KB1122

Reaction score
I agree 100 percent. He had a decent second year and the last couple of years show he was better than the Cleveland offense that surrounded him. You have to start churning the qb position somewhere, and we would pick him up on a free. If he made trouble, then there is the door.

KB1122

Reaction score
How many people saying he can't play actually watched any of his games in his second year in Cleveland?

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
The Circus would increase 20 fold in Dallas not like it is not huge already thanks to jerry and company not keeping things in house ---- add to that that stupid Money celebration --- those 2 things make it a huge NO for me

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree 100 percent. He had a decent second year and the last couple of years show he was better than the Cleveland offense that surrounded him. You have to start churning the qb position somewhere, and we would pick him up on a free. If he made trouble, then there is the door.
Decent? 2-7 WL; 7-5 TD/INT; 167 YPG, and a 79.4 QBR.

I must say, your definition of decent and mine are a bit different!!!!

jsb357

Reaction score
He's due a 4 game suspension from Goodell so he would fit right in with the Cowboys plans...

:muttley:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
COPY!
( You need to hunt yourself up an AVATAR, as it greatly facilitates the general blending of unit cohesion & the quick hit on the 'like' clicker, Friend!;))

Most people remember the buybuy pretty well. I'll have to give an avatar some thought.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I hope the best for Manziel but we are a long way off from knowing he can play QB at all much less handle the NFL rigor and lifestyle.
Bi-Polar folks that self-medicate generally face a life-long problem.
Add in addiction issues and it's not an easy about face.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
go play in canada....prove you are serious...stay outta trouble...work on your game up-there.

as it stands today...
NO WAY.
NO HOW.
NO CHANCE.
NO THANKS.

Im all for bringing in a vet...Blaine Gabbert.

Yup, I'd take Gabbert. I don't know what's halting Manziel's attempt to join Hamilton.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yup, I'd take Gabbert. I don't know what's halting Manziel's attempt to join Hamilton.

If Hamilton is having issues getting Johnny (who's supposedly desperate) to join them, what makes us think he'd be painless here?