Sign one of the Vikes QB

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cousins is a Vike ......hey Jerry move it man and sign one of the following ASAP....either Bradford,Bridgewater or Keenum, as Dak could continue to verify his liabilities at QB...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keenum signed with Denver.

Plus they like what they have seen in Rush and love the price they are paying for Rush vs what they would pay for one of those guys.

They did say they would likely bring in another young QB (draft or undrafted rookie) as a third QB in camp.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I've been saying this since the end of Cousins' 4th year in the NFL. Cousins = Tony Romo. The career trajectories of both players are very similar. Both gained starting jobs in their 4th seasons, and proceeded to light up the NFL with superior statistics. But like Romo, Cousins has a great many heart-breaking interceptions in his history also.

Good luck Vikings. Draft a Right Tackle, and you should be a Super Bowl contender in 2018. But beware of the heart-breaking interceptions...

Carson

Reaction score
Keenum signed in Denver

Teddy is going to go a place to compete and start

Bradford has a degenerative knee

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bradford is a overrated journeyman. I'd rather have Cooper Rush then overpay for him at this point. Bridgewater.....someone will overpay for him as well. I have no interests in quarterbacks the Vikings don't want.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Bradford or Bridgewater aren't better than Dak. They are looking for starter jobs.

I think Bradford lands in Arizona, and Bridgewater lands in Buffalo. Or Bridgewater resigns with Minnesota as their backup QB.

The Buffalo will trade up with the Giants for the #2 pick. Gettleman is not going into this draft with only 5 picks, and he can command a two first round picks, a 2nd and 3rd this year, and very importantly, a 2019 2nd round pick from Buffalo for the #2 pick. My prediction - Buffalo trades 12 (1200 points), 22(780 points) , 55 (350 points), and Buffalo's 2019 2nd round pick next season for the #2 pick. That pick next year is critical, because it potentially allows the Giants to trade up in next year's draft for a QB if the plan to stick with Eli and Webb fails.

And the Jets and Broncos will compete with each other for the #3 overall pick. Denver will offer picks 5 & 40 (2200 points), and the Jets will need to top that to get the 3rd pick. They will counter with picks 6 & 37 (2130 points, and then have add a sweetener to get the job done. If they offer pick 72 (230 points), then Denver can counter with pick 71 (235 points). So it is likely the Jets will have to include pick 49 (410 points) in the deal to outbid Denver. At that point, the Broncos only choice is to counter with next year's 1st round pick. The other fly in the ointment is if the Browns choose QB Saquon Barkley with the 1st overall pick. They could trade from #4 to #4 by throwing in pick 33 or 35, and the Colts don't lose any position in the draft.

My bet is that once the Giants trade out of the #2 spot with Buffalo, which is likely to happen before the draft, the Browns will count on the Colts trading with either the Broncos or Jets. That means to get the QB they want, they have to pick him at #1, but can be pretty assured that Barkley will still be there for them at #4. I just don't see the Colts using the 3rd pick on Barkley, and passing up the opportunity to move down and get more picks. They have a lot of holes to fill.

Keep in mind that the Cardinals have enough draft capital to get to pick #7, but cannot really move higher than that. At least 3 of the top 5 picks will be for QB's, and it could be 4 of the top 6 picks.

Two more things. Losing out on Cousins likely means the Jets resign McCown. Also, for those wanting Trevor Siemian as the backup in Dallas, the Broncos aren't going to trade any of their QB's until after their 1st round pick. If Siemian comes to Dallas, it will be because of a draft day trade after they've selected a new QB.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cousins is a Vike ......hey Jerry move it man and sign one of the following ASAP....either Bradford,Bridgewater or Keenum, as Dak could continue to verify his liabilities at QB...
That should place Minnesota with their defense as favorites to return to NFC championship.

Great move!!

Heard Keemun probably headed to Denver?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No thanks. I would like to see us add a vet to the QB room at some point, though. Just not one of those vets.
I’d agree. Or use a draft pick. This is going to be a rich QB draft.

If Dak is the man we’d still have some trade bait down the road. We’re fools to place all of our eggs in one basket yet.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I've been saying this since the end of Cousins' 4th year in the NFL. Cousins = Tony Romo. The career trajectories of both players are very similar. Both gained starting jobs in their 4th seasons, and proceeded to light up the NFL with superior statistics. But like Romo, Cousins has a great many heart-breaking interceptions in his history also.

Good luck Vikings. Draft a Right Tackle, and you should be a Super Bowl contender in 2018. But beware of the heart-breaking interceptions...

Another one with the false narratives!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The teams with the more elite QB’s will be contending again.

Eagles, Vikings, Rams, 49ers, Falcons, Packers Lions and Hawks.

Best of the rest in NFC... Cowboys

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d agree. Or use a draft pick. This is going to be a rich QB draft.

If Dak is the man we’d still have some trade bait down the road. We’re fools to place all of our eggs in one basket yet.

I'd rather get a vet because I'm not comfortable with Rush or a rookie starting games yet and because I think Dak would play better with a distant but more viable threat behind him. Part of why he played so well in 2016 I think was probably having Romo on his *** if he made any missteps.

But getting that vet guy who's good enough is either very expensive, or you're getting a really old dude who's about to hang 'em up. Or you get a guy who just sucks all around like Weeden and Sanchez did.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like they might be looking for a QB3 in the late rounds of the draft to develop, as you suggest. I'd like a guy like an Orton, but not a drunk. Some dude who's got starts but isn't good enough to carry a team again and who appreciates that carrying a clipboard around is actually a pretty good gig for a couple of years. Experienced enough to help Dak on the sidelines and in the room, but to not threaten him all that much.