Sign one of the Vikes QB

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With Vikings defense Cousins won’t be expected to carry them every game. Great situation !!

This makes them a legit SB contender. As a matter of fact I’ll predict they’ll be favored to win NFC over Eagles when futures come out in Vegas.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'd rather get a vet because I'm not comfortable with Rush or a rookie starting games yet and because I think Dak would play better with a distant but more viable threat behind him. Part of why he played so well in 2016 I think was probably having Romo on his *** if he made any missteps.

But getting that vet guy who's good enough is either very expensive, or you're getting a really old dude who's about to hang 'em up. Or you get a guy who just sucks all around like Weeden and Sanchez did.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like they might be looking for a QB3 in the late rounds of the draft to develop, as you suggest. I'd like a guy like an Orton, but not a drunk. Some dude who's got starts but isn't good enough to carry a team again and who appreciates that carrying a clipboard around is actually a pretty good gig for a couple of years. Experienced enough to help Dak on the sidelines and in the room, but to not threaten him all that much.
I’d agree with all except this concern he could threaten Dak.

I would hope any backup we have could threaten Dak if he plays poorly.

marius

Reaction score
With so many holes in the team, do you want to hire a QB?

RcOA8

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d agree with all except this concern he could threaten Dak.

I would hope any backup we have could threaten Dak if he plays poorly.

Yeah, to be clear, I don't think Dak would respond negatively to it. I just don't want the stupid comments from the fans and the media. I want a guy good enough to keep Dak honest, but this team is Dak's, for sure.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, to be clear, I don't think Dak would respond negatively to it. I just don't want the stupid comments from the fans and the media. I want a guy good enough to keep Dak honest, but this team is Dak's, for sure.
Lol.. I don’t think I’ve ever based my opinions or concerns on how the fans or media would respond .

But if Daks performance isn’t better and the team misses the playoffs again we’re going to wish we had a better choice on the bench. And possibly the noise we’d hear from fans and media would be warranted.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol.. I don’t think I’ve ever based my options or concerns on how the fans or media would respond .

But if Daks performance isn’t better and the team misses the playoffs again we’re going to wish we had a better choice on the bench. And possibly the noise we’d hear from fans and media would be warranted.

I do. I get sick and tired of hearing the stupid arguments every damn week.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Keenum signed in Denver

Teddy is going to go a place to compete and start

Bradford has a degenerative knee

Bridgewater is supposedly the Jets' plan B now Cousins is off the market.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Good lord.

Another stupid team is going to pay Sam Bradford.