News: Simi Fehoko Is Potentially Our New TE

conner01

Reaction score
Ironically, a number of those undrafted guys you're mentioning ..actually already have 5th, 6th and 7th round draft board grades on them, but for whatever
reason, they slide right out of the NFL draft,

So it could be a chance, we can likely stumble upon more of a number of late round gem types in undrafted rookie class as compared to number of late round
picks.

That's of course if we are successful in those hidden gems sign on as undrafted rookies. (ala Terrence Steele)
Steele has been a steal lol
There are more UDFA on a roster than 6-7 round picks generally, so some of its a numbers game
But it’s important to get contributions from players up and down the draft and UDFA

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Steele has been a steal lol
There are more UDFA on a roster than 6-7 round picks generally, so some of its a numbers game
But it’s important to get contributions from players up and down the draft and UDFA

With a top heavy team like Dallas its vital to hit on 5-7 round and UDFA players.. Player development and coaching become premium..

conner01

Reaction score
With a top heavy team like Dallas its vital to hit on 5-7 round and UDFA players.. Player development and coaching become premium..
So true
They aren’t likely to be super stars but you need solid contributors and hope once in a while you hit in a gem

eromeopolk

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp...per-contract-simi-fehoko-reveals-his-new-role

I like the idea. He’s too slow to be a every down WR.. McCarthy wants him to put on weight and become a WR/TE hybrid.
Novacek started his college career at WR before being moved to TE. The Cardinals let him go to Plan B FA because he was a WR/TE/HB and not a true TE. They were wrong, the rest is Cowboys history. However, these are the Arlington Jonesboys. He does not need a lot of weight gain to get to 230-35

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I do not see him as a TE. I see him getting stronger so he can be a possession receiver in specific situations. He is trying to create a niche where he can get on the field and help the team. His speed going up the seam would be impressive. He’s simply never going to be one of the top two WRs until at least 2 leave.

quickccc

Reaction score
Novacek started his college career at WR before being moved to TE. The Cardinals let him go to Plan B FA because he was a WR/TE/HB and not a true TE. They were wrong, the rest is Cowboys history. However, these are the Arlington Jonesboys. He does not need a lot of weight gain to get to 230-35

maybe i can see a Novacek move to H-back, motion guy type because he's always had short area quickness, ..and coincidentally that plays into Feheko's questions at WR,