Since 2016 Dak only has 9 wins when we rush for under 100 yards

jujoboys

Reaction score
I mean come on guys, wasn’t it just last year that it was Kellen Moore’s fault. So now we’ve moved on to Quinn and we also got to pretend that we’ve never had a running game…
Let's just analyze the playoff games since they are what really matters.

2016 - 34-31 loss to GB - Dak went toe to toe with ARod. - the defense couldn't stop ARod - allowed a 35 yard pass from ARod with 12 seconds left on the clock to set up the game winning FG.

2018 - 24-22 win against Seattle - Dak played OK - Good enough to win - The defense really shut down Seattle until the Garbage TD drive at the end of the game

2018 - 30-22 loss to Rams - Defense was terrible - The Rams gashed Dallas for 273 RUSHING yards and ate up the clock. Dak played OK but didn't get any help from the running game (Zeke 20 carries 47 yards) - I put this loss mainly on the defense

2021 - 23-17 loss to SF - Dallas defense and offense started the game off bad - Dallas defense gave up scores on first 4 possession but luckily 3 were FGs. Dak was terrible for the first quarters. He woke up in the 4th quarter and got the game to within 23-17. Then we have the infamous play where Dak runs the ball and the clock runs out prior to the spike. I blame this loss on Dak. If he played better in the first 3 qtrs then we probably win because the defense tightened up in the 2nd half.

2022 - 31-14 win against TB - Dak had a good game and the so did the entire team

2022 - 19-12 Loss to SF - Defense played well enough to win game. Dak was terrible and so was the running game.

2023 - 48-32 loss to GB - Dak and the whole team were terrible. Just a bunch of garbage points that make the game look respectable if you didn't watch it.

2 good playoff games for Dak
2 OK playoff games for Dak
3 terrible playoff games for Dak

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
in Daks defense he has averaged 10 wins a season (without 2020) in his career and the list of qb's ever who can say that is short. His problem is choking in the playoffs

Spottswoode

Reaction score
It would be interesting to have that tape measure laid across the career of Troy Aikman.

Anyone have an answer?
I may be slightly off but I believe he had ~20 wins against <100 rushing teams. And a lot of those were still 90+ rushing. Again, proves nothing without context but since you asked

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No, CeeDee Lamb carried that offense after the bye, when they started force feeding him the ball, instead of running the dumbed-down Texas West Coast offense. You could get any QB to toss the ball to their first read of Lamb if it’s designed for him. Close to, if not over 180 targets…. You saw what happened when GB was able to take our CD from the equation.. pick 6
You don't even know why the pick-6 happened. I won't say you're dumb. You're just stubborn, hate-filled ignorant who doesn't want to understand why the pick-6 happened just like it did for the same reason the playoffs the year before.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You don't even know why the pick-6 happened. I won't say you're dumb. You're just stubborn, hate-filled ignorant who doesn't want to understand why the pick-6 happened just like it did for the same reason the playoffs the year before.
That sounds like a personal attack and those are strictly prohibited now.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Been saying it for the last 5 years - get the ball out of his hands and into the hands of a RB or a WR. If he needs to take the snap and read the defense over and over again bad things are going to happen. The more throws he has to make the worse the outcome. You are not going to win a game relying on Dak Prescotts arm, especially against the better defenses.

tm1119

Reaction score
Teams run the ball with the lead
The more rushes the more yards
It’s not that complicated

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I mean come on guys, wasn’t it just last year that it was Kellen Moore’s fault. So now we’ve moved on to Quinn and we also got to pretend that we’ve never had a running game…
I am team KM this year:)

Spottswoode

Reaction score
He is 9W-24L when we rush for under 100 yards?
Is this a franchise QB?

Can't carry..........Period!
Agree he can’t carry but 9 & 24 doesn’t prove that. Josh Allen is 1 & 9 the last 3 years…way worse than Dak from a % standpoint. And I would take Josh over Dak in a heartbeat.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak stared his WR down and can’t read defenses?

Jayinem

Reaction score
I agree that we need to move on from Dak but your title proves nothing. Dallas had a grand total of 3 games of <100 yards in 2016 & 2017 combined. Dak also missed most of 2020 with injury. Using the time frame of 2016-2023 to make a point without adding context is misleading.

I posted in the other thread (where you also posted) that outside of a few outliers, most QB’s have around a 30-35% win rate when <100. If I told you I had a free throw contest with my son and we both made 10 shots, would you think we tied? What if I said I did it in 20 shots but it only took him 10. Using total wins without context is just lazy.
Which just makes it more sad that they refused to reach out to Derrick Henry or Aaron Jones.

khiladi

Reaction score
Let's just analyze the playoff games since they are what really matters.

2016 - 34-31 loss to GB - Dak went toe to toe with ARod. - the defense couldn't stop ARod - allowed a 35 yard pass from ARod with 12 seconds left on the clock to set up the game winning FG.

2018 - 24-22 win against Seattle - Dak played OK - Good enough to win - The defense really shut down Seattle until the Garbage TD drive at the end of the game

2018 - 30-22 loss to Rams - Defense was terrible - The Rams gashed Dallas for 273 RUSHING yards and ate up the clock. Dak played OK but didn't get any help from the running game (Zeke 20 carries 47 yards) - I put this loss mainly on the defense

2021 - 23-17 loss to SF - Dallas defense and offense started the game off bad - Dallas defense gave up scores on first 4 possession but luckily 3 were FGs. Dak was terrible for the first quarters. He woke up in the 4th quarter and got the game to within 23-17. Then we have the infamous play where Dak runs the ball and the clock runs out prior to the spike. I blame this loss on Dak. If he played better in the first 3 qtrs then we probably win because the defense tightened up in the 2nd half.

2022 - 31-14 win against TB - Dak had a good game and the so did the entire team

2022 - 19-12 Loss to SF - Defense played well enough to win game. Dak was terrible and so was the running game.

2023 - 48-32 loss to GB - Dak and the whole team were terrible. Just a bunch of garbage points that make the game look respectable if you didn't watch it.

2 good playoff games for Dak
2 OK playoff games for Dak
3 terrible playoff games for Dak
Please tell me what was Dak’s performances by half-time in these games…

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Dak carried the team all of the 2023 season. No running attack whatsoever. Only 1 legit WR. Defense couldn't stop the run and continuously got burned with the pass. Dak clearly carried the team in 2023 to a 12 - 5 season. You want him to carry the team again, plus the playoffs? Why are you complaining then for Dak asking for top pay?
He carried it with all those interceptions that weren’t his fault.lol

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Wrong. It was a quick throw. Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley broke it down.
He sucks that’s all that needs to be said AC. It’s insanity to listen to you bc you’ve been wrong every year, never have you ever admitted that it’s his fault. Unfortunately you’ve been wrong for the last nine years since you’ve supported all those bad QB decisions. Think something will change, we’ll look elsewhere for your lottery numbers, AC doesn’t have them.