Since 2016 Dak only has 9 wins when we rush for under 100 yards

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It would be interesting to have that tape measure laid across the career of Troy Aikman.

Anyone have an answer?
Aikman would not be in HOF without Jimmy and his coaches, and the great team jimmy built.
They even had a great ST unit that won games for them lol.

The one thing I will say about aikman, irvin ,smith etc, and their defense, is they all stepped up and played great once in the playoffs.
They played better than they did in reg season once in playoffs.
And they had Jimmy and some other good coaches helping them instead of hurting them like MM and JG have done.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
Burrow was 5-4 as a starter last year? One of those wins the Bengals did rush for over 100 yards so he did it 4 times last year. Although 2 of those 4 wins came with the offense only scoring 17 points in one game and 19 points in another. The defense should probably get a ton of credit for those 2 games.

I'm not trying to defend Dak because he has not lived up to the hype in big games against teams making the playoffs.
He skipped to 2022 to make his point.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why did Zeke get the big bucks?
The titled truth proves that we have a bus-driving choking QB who cannot carry his team to victory unless carried.
How many opponents have stated their game plan was to stop Zeke and have Dak beat them?
Countless............... And he could NOT!
And to add oil to the fire this QB and his Agent want a top-tier Contract.
Think about it one more time.............in 8 seasons Dak has 9 wins when we DO NOT rush for over 100 yards?
This is why it took Jerry 2 years to give him a new contract last time around and so far no news for a new extension if he ever gets one.
Dak carried the team all of the 2023 season. No running attack whatsoever. Only 1 legit WR. Defense couldn't stop the run and continuously got burned with the pass. Dak clearly carried the team in 2023 to a 12 - 5 season. You want him to carry the team again, plus the playoffs? Why are you complaining then for Dak asking for top pay?

khiladi

Reaction score
Maybe Dak just doesn’t know when to check in or out of a run play, based upon the defense….

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak carried the team all of the 2023 season. No running attack whatsoever. Only 1 legit WR. Defense couldn't stop the run and continuously got burned with the pass. Dak clearly carried the team in 2023 to a 12 - 5 season. You want him to carry the team again, plus the playoffs? Why are you complaining then for Dak asking for top pay?
No, CeeDee Lamb carried that offense after the bye, when they started force feeding him the ball, instead of running the dumbed-down Texas West Coast offense. You could get any QB to toss the ball to their first read of Lamb if it’s designed for him. Close to, if not over 180 targets…. You saw what happened when GB was able to take our CD from the equation.. pick 6

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Burrow was 5-4 as a starter last year? One of those wins the Bengals did rush for over 100 yards so he did it 4 times last year. Although 2 of those 4 wins came with the offense only scoring 17 points in one game and 19 points in another. The defense should probably get a ton of credit for those 2 games.

I'm not trying to defend Dak because he has not lived up to the hype in big games against teams making the playoffs.
I said last season meaning 2022.

My bad.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Dak sucks, but isn't this stat a chicken and egg thing?

You're usually going to rush for more yards in wins unless you just don't have a ground game at all.

Also, does the QBs rush yards factor into this?

1942willys

Reaction score
Running games are important no matter who is behind center.

Some QBs are better than others at compensating but that list is VERY SHORT

SackMaster

Reaction score
I can't wait to finally win a Super Bowl just so that maybe, JUST MAYBE, this forum can move on from the overall pointless, and even worse, highly misleading, threads.

"hEy, EvEn ThOuGh <EnTeR qB nAmE> lEaD uS tO a 32-7 4tH qUaRtEr LeAd, ThOsE 45 yArDs We GoT iN tHe 4Th QuArTeR tHaT gOt Us 100 YaRdS fOr ThE gAmE rUnNiNg DoWn ThE cLoCk Is ThE rEaL rEaSoN tHe CoWbOyS wOn!!!"

I blame Fantasy Football.
:laugh:

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why did Zeke get the big bucks?
The titled truth proves that we have a bus-driving choking QB who cannot carry his team to victory unless carried.
How many opponents have stated their game plan was to stop Zeke and have Dak beat them?
Countless............... And he could NOT!
And to add oil to the fire this QB and his Agent want a top-tier Contract.
Think about it one more time.............in 8 seasons Dak has 9 wins when we DO NOT rush for over 100 yards?
This is why it took Jerry 2 years to give him a new contract last time around and so far no news for a new extension if he ever gets one.
First off, no team in the NFL averaged under 89 yards per game rushing last year so let's not pretend a team rushing for 100 yards is an uncommon thing and especially in a win. Second, stating this after Dak has his best (regular) season ever while Zeke was a backup elsewhere is interesting timing

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He ain’t gonna be making that Dak money though.
I'm fascinated by how this contract is going to play out.

Dak doesn't deserve $60MM and I believe it's time to move on.

But at the same time, is Jerry trying to sabotage him this year to decrease the market value?

All of it is wildly stupid

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm fascinated by how this contract is going to play out.

Dak doesn't deserve $60MM and I believe it's time to move on.

But at the same time, is Jerry trying to sabotage him this year to decrease the market value?

All of it is wildly stupid
Just move on.

Do not buy a Corolla for the price of a Ferrari just because they’re both cars.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I can't wait to finally win a Super Bowl just so that maybe, JUST MAYBE, this forum can move on from the overall pointless, and even worse, highly misleading, threads.

"hEy, EvEn ThOuGh <EnTeR qB nAmE> lEaD uS tO a 32-7 4tH qUaRtEr LeAd, ThOsE 45 yArDs We GoT iN tHe 4Th QuArTeR tHaT gOt Us 100 YaRdS fOr ThE gAmE rUnNiNg DoWn ThE cLoCk Is ThE rEaL rEaSoN tHe CoWbOyS wOn!!!"

I blame Fantasy Football.
:laugh:
I blame pre-game shows and sports media.

They just try to find different ways to say "Team X has to score more points than Team Y", and it ends up being nerds wet dream of numbers.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Just move on.

Do not buy a Corolla for the price of a Ferrari just because they’re both cars.
oh for sure.

I don't even want a team friendly deal at this point. Dak could want $20MM and I'd still want to move on.

And I LIKE Dak. I wish him well, but this partnership doesn't make sense anymore.

But the team doesn't make decisions based on football results. If Dak is still viewed as a Marquee Cowboy by enough people, then he'll stay a Cowboy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off, no team in the NFL averaged under 89 yards per game rushing last year so let's not pretend a team rushing for 100 yards is an uncommon thing and especially in a win. Second, stating this after Dak has his best (regular) season ever while Zeke was a backup elsewhere is interesting timing
He is 9W-24L when we rush for under 100 yards?
Is this a franchise QB?

Can't carry..........Period!

EGTuna

Reaction score
I don’t give a flying fugazi about all these stats. in the playoffs, with one exception, Dak and the rest of the team are pure garbage in the first half of playoff games. So post whatever positive or negative stat you want on Dak or anyone else. Com crunch time they all turtle. They need a QB and other players who don’t give a figazi about the past glory and all that Jerry Jokes whiskey inspired reminiscing. Play free of mind. Whatever