Since 2016, in the 4th Quarter: Dak has 14 GW Drives, most in NFL

ShortRound

Reaction score
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

y6tGZmU.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not knocking this, but there's a lot that goes into it.

How many fourth-quarter game-winning situations did all the quarterbacks face? Dak has the most, but did he also have the most opportunities?

Second, how high is other QBs' rating in the fourth quarter? Because not all QBs get the same amount of GW opportunities, QB rating in the quarter can be a measure for how well they play when the game's on the line, even if they are ahead.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather our QB have the most than the least and be playing well when those opportunities present themselves, but it's hard to judge the value of the information without context.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Not knocking this, but there's a lot that goes into it.

How many fourth-quarter game-winning situations did all the quarterbacks face? Dak has the most, but did he also have the most opportunities?

Second, how high is other QB's rating in the fourth quarter? Because not all QBs get the same amount of GW opportunities, QB rating in the quarter can be a measure for how well they play when the games on the line, even if they are ahead.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather our QB have the most than the least and be playing well when those opportunities present themselves, but it's hard to judge the value of the information without context.
I remember the stats posted once and found the tweet about it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I didnt know that... wow, I think we should give him a 10 year deal for 500 million. We cant play around and lose a guy like that.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I remember the stats posted once and found the tweet about it.

So at this time Dak had six more opportunities than Wentz, if we're just comparing the two. We could probably assume that Philly would not have gone 6-0 with those opportunities, but it's really impossible to know. If the Eagles would have gone 6-0, then the record with Wentz at QB would be 10-12, so we can know for certain that recordwise, his team would not have done as well as Dallas did with Dak in those opportunities.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That means the Cowboys were losing in the 4th quarter 14 times,
I would rather Dak have zero game winning drives in the 4th quarter.

That would be better. Let's stop forcing our QB to have to lead game-winning drives. Some other teams make it easier on their QB by actually establishing leads and holding on to them.

Of course, this is nothing different than we saw with this team with Romo at QB, the need for comebacks because our defense blew a lead. Hopefully, we're getting the defense to the point where that won't be the case and it will simply be up to the offense to give it a lead to protect.

robjay04

Reaction score
That would be better. Let's stop forcing our QB to have to lead game-winning drives. Some other teams make it easier on their QB by actually establishing leads and holding on to them.

Of course, this is nothing different than we saw with this team with Romo at QB, the need for comebacks because our defense blew a lead. Hopefully, we're getting the defense to the point where that won't be the case and it will simply be up to the offense to give it a lead to protect.

You do realize that most every game is decided in the 4th quarter?

J12B

Reaction score
That means the Cowboys were losing in the 4th quarter 14 times,
I would rather Dak have zero game winning drives in the 4th quarter.

This is the NFL. Get used to it. It's going to happen all the time.

Only Brady has more 4th quarter comeback wins than Dak.