Twitter: Since Chargers won, Dallas back on pace for 4th overall

fivetwos

Reaction score
Remember all of this fussin' over draft position when the Cowboys pick is announced and people lose their minds in disappointment.
Ha. Yeah that happens too.

Remember when we actually used to be good?

Fun times.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I fully expect us to win a few and muck it up.

After 1-2-3 though, this draft is a crapshoot. I just don’t like the idea of drafting any corner at 4.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Absolutely correct.

Unless Zach Wilson bombs out either him or Fields will be there at 4 if Cin takes Sewell (which they very much will).

I do think Dallas wins two of the last three and ends up 6-8th though.

Anything can happen the rest of the way, but if they lose out, they are guaranteed that great draft slot. It wouldn't be the end of the world picking 6-8, as there would still be quality prospects to draft, but a juicy trade down most likely wouldn't happen.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Good. We are out on Sewell but we might get Parsons or someone else. We should lose these coming games. SF is not a good matchup for us (we will be outcoached), Philly will be hard to stop with Hurts in now, and Giants will def beat us now as they almost did before when we weren’t as injured.

The 4th draft pick is ours to stay. Now it only depends on what we do with it.

also, the last time we went 4-12 and had the 4th pick, a legendary year followed. History may repeat itself...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Good. We are out on Sewell but we might get Parsons or someone else. We should lose these coming games. SF is not a good matchup for us (we will be outcoached), Philly will be hard to stop with Hurts in now, and Giants will def beat us now as they almost did before when we weren’t as injured.

The 4th draft pick is ours to stay. Now it only depends on what we do with it.

also, the last time we went 4-12 and had the 4th pick, a legendary year followed. History may repeat itself...

That was because they drafted Zzeke which everyone around here says he wasn't worth the 4th pick lol....

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming this means even if we beat the 49ers, we'll be no worse than 4th overall after week 15.

If the panthers, falcons, dolphins, giants and eagles all lose and the Cowboys win they drop down to 10th. That tweet only counts if all these teams win also which is highly doubtful. The panthers play the packers, a loss. The falcons play the bucs, a loss. The dolphins play the patriots, a probable loss. The giants play the browns, a loss and the eagles play the cardinals, a loss. All those teams will still only have 4 wins and if the Cowboys win they will have 5 wins.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think there’s a real possibility we’ll get the same player at 7 or 8 that we would at 4. It’s going to be difficult reaching a consensus on players this year due to players sitting out.
In every round we get the 4th pick, not just the 1st round. Also, we have more bargaining power with the 4th pick than the 7th or 8th.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They have no receivers and a suck QB and no running game. I think there is a good chance we win this game based on their POS offense. Course that could mean a final score of circa 17 to 10.
Are you joking?
They have some injuries at Receiver, but they still have enough talented young guys to beat our DB’s.
Their backup QB struggled last week, but our D is not Washington. He’s a pretty good backup.

The Niners have an excellent running game.

Thomas82

Reaction score
A lot can still change with 3 games remaining, but if they lose out, the 4th overall pick is like a winning lottery ticket. Cincy can either select Sewell or trade the pick to a QB needy team, in which Sewell falls in our laps or they take Sewell and we get the first call for trading back for a team looking for a QB. Sure, it will depend upon whose right behind us, but it's looking like a very favorable position to be in. However, do not want to trade past the top 10.

I even saw a mock draft yesterday that actually had the Bengals taking Ja'Marr Chase, reuniting him with Joe Burrow.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming this means even if we beat the 49ers, we'll be no worse than 4th overall after week 15.

I really hate the end of season games where we snivel out some win against a team that is playing their cheerleaders.

2010 with Stephen McGee at QB. Late TD to Witten. Wahoo. Gold Jacket Witt can beat chearleaders.

2017 win on a late pass from Dak to Butler. Wahoo. We win 6-0. SB, baby!

Both games were a steaming turd plopped on the carpet. We looked horrible, *and* lost draft capital. Worst of both worlds.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I even saw a mock draft yesterday that actually had the Bengals taking Ja'Marr Chase, reuniting him with Joe Burrow.
Anything is possible, but they just lost their franchise QB to injury, you would think they want to protect him at all costs.

Hadenough

Reaction score

They aint beating the 49ers so it wont matter. The Cowboys already have Lawrence and Gregory as pass rushers so doubt they draft a DE and Sewell will be gone so maybe they select Micah Parsons or another WR for Dak.

Last edited:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak Prescott had a better rookie year than Justin Herbert.

I like Herbert. I also liked Tua, Darnold, Haskins ect.
What would make Dak's better? Remember there are still two games remaining for Herbert.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think we need a few teams to win besides chargers panthers falcons and texans all have the same record as us. The only way we keep 4th if we keep losing.

I believe the Texans do not even own their draft pick this year. I think they traded it to Miami for Tunsil.
Can you imagine the ridicule if Jerry traded away the Cowboys 2021 #1 pick last year?

KB1122

Reaction score
Burrow is in the mid-20s.

Herbert is in the mid teens.

Fine for rookies. But they're not setting the league ablaze.

Don't misconstrue this as "reasons not to take a quarterback and settle for Dak."

Thomas82

Reaction score
Anything is possible, but they just lost their franchise QB to injury, you would think they want to protect him at all costs.

That's what I'm thinking. But there's always the possibility that Burrow might be pushing for that reunion.