Since NFL network has Luck in the top tier above Romo, a comparison!

kramskoi

Reaction score
Luck vs. Romo...tale of the tape 2014 [to date] situational...

Rating
1st half:

92.6 [Luck] .... 87.2

2nd half:

109.6 ....127.8 [Romo]

2 minutes left in half:

90.2 .... 109.7 [Romo]

1st quarter:

98.2 .... 109.9 [Romo]

2nd quarter:

86.1 [Luck] .... 68.8

3rd quarter:

110.6 .... 145.4 [Romo]

4th quarter:

108.6 .... 110.7 [Romo]

4th quarter with < 7point lead:

89.2 .... 104 [Romo]

1 - 10 yards:

81.4 ..... 88 [Romo]

11 - 20 yds:

111.5 [Luck] .... 104.3

21 - 30 yds:

80.5 .... 116.4 [Romo]

31 yds+:

121.8 .... 132.3 [Romo]

Road games:

97 .... 103.6 [Romo]

Home games:

104.7 ... 106.4 [Romo]

Season numbers to date:

Luck 19 TD....7 INT..2331 yds....100.5 rate
Romo 14 TD....6 INT...1789 yds...104.7 rate [3 picks in game one]

Inside the numbers, Romo is winning more than his share of these battles...that much should be pretty freakin' obvious.

I don't see how Luck is clearly superior to Romo...or FAR better as some in the thread have said. Looks like the opposite is true.

Luck is beating him in the second quarter, on throws between 11-20 yds and 1st half rating...not much else!

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Id Romo threw as much his numbers would be as good or better.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Romo > Luck

Luck is a great QB, but he's been hugely hyped up. I remember Cowherd like 6 weeks ago saying there's only 4 elite QBs and it's Luck, Rodgers, Manning, and Brees. At this moment, Wilson should be closer to the Elite title then Luck.

Take all those stats and then take this stat

Andrew Luck 3rd season
Tony Romo 12th season

Give me luck every time.,

I don't think that's what they're saying. They're talking about THIS year, and THIS year I got Romo every single time. Change Romo's name to Andrew Luck and he'd be getting a lot more hype for his play. Of course it's Luck if you're talking about the next 5-10 years, but Luck would also be over Manning, Brees, Brady, and any QB not named Rodgers.

Last edited:

kramskoi

Reaction score
Romo > Luck

Luck is a great QB, but he's been hugely hyped up. I remember Cowherd like 6 weeks ago saying there's only 4 elite QBs and it's Luck, Rodgers, Manning, and Brees. At this moment, Wilson should be closer to the Elite title then Luck.

I don't think that's what they're saying. They're talking about THIS year, and THIS year I got Romo every single time. Change Romo's name to Andrew Luck and he'd be getting a lot more hype for his play. Of course it's Luck if you're talking about the next 5-10 years, but Luck would also be over Manning, Brees, Brady, and any QB not named Rodgers.

Yeah, I agree...I didn't mean to wax psychotic on the numbers, but it is always funny to throw facts in the face of subjective, biased opinion. I rather enjoy that type of thing. Yes, Luck is da man for the future but the man behind center in Dallas is getting it done...the numbers don't lie.

What that elite business really means (to a degree) is how long you can carry your team while throwing the ball 40 - 50 times, or more [Brees has hit 57 this year] every Sunday. Can you play chuck-ball while limiting mistakes...

Romo started at a 95.1 passer rating...it has taken until the 3rd season for Luck to breach 90 [100.5 currently] he started with a rating of 76.5, then 87 last year...he does seem to have a higher ceiling than Romo, which one would hope, given that he was drafted in the first round.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Take all those stats and then take this stat

Andrew Luck 3rd season
Tony Romo 12th season

Give me luck every time.,

Most would agree.

But that was not the topic.

It asked who is better now,not who you would build your team around going forward.
Luck's an easy choice if you change the question.
It's a least debatable otherwise.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Why compare?

Everyone, and I mean everyone should be ecstatic that Romo and the team putting out these 6-1 results.

That's the ONLY stat that matters. Did you win? Did you score more than opponent(means you won)? Heh heh

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Luck is the better qb. But I'm very happy with the way romo has been playing. Luck is just one of those rare talents.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Luck is the better qb. But I'm very happy with the way romo has been playing. Luck is just one of those rare talents.

I think he is being judged by his promise for the future, more than his play the last two years or even this year...Romo is above him right now...maybe that only continues for a short time to come but the numbers don't lie. Romo is having his best season under center since starting. 9-9 in the second half of the Giants game was pretty nice play.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I love me some Tony Romo, but in defense of Luck, we do have a better OL and better offensive weapons. Put Luck as our QB and his numbers would be ridiculous.

In defense of Tony, the first 3 games he was getting back into game shape and getting his mind right. Against SF, his mind was not right. I believe the back injury was definitely in the back of his mind. Also, he was physically unable to do what his mind wanted him to do. However, by week 3, he was back to his old form and now he is absolutely playing lights out.

Also, in defense of Romo, he has played behind a poor OL for much of his career, and also dealt with a running game that was lacking and he still put up very good stats.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I think he is being judged by his promise for the future, more than his play the last two years or even this year...Romo is above him right now...maybe that only continues for a short time to come but the numbers don't lie. Romo is having his best season under center since starting. 9-9 in the second half of the Giants game was pretty nice play.

I really only get to see luck play in prime time games. But what I've seen has been impressive. Didn't he take a 4-12 team the year prior to the playoffs his rookie year? How many playoff wins does he have? I don't know the answer. From an intangible standpoint, luck has it all. Cerebral, size, leadership, strong arm. Like I said im very pleased with Tony this year. But is he better than luck? It's possible they are both in that second tier. But luck won't stay in that second tier for long.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Luck has a golden arm, which is something people are naturally enamored with, and he's also a young pup who hasn't been saddled with negative narratives by the mediots.