Since NFL network has Luck in the top tier above Romo, a comparison!

visionary

Reaction score
It is a good debate because they are close but if I am starting a franchise right now I take Luck even over Rogers (who would be my no 2 pick)

kramskoi

Reaction score
I really only get to see luck play in prime time games. But what I've seen has been impressive. Didn't he take a 4-12 team the year prior to the playoffs his rookie year? How many playoff wins does he have? I don't know the answer. From an intangible standpoint, luck has it all. Cerebral, size, leadership, strong arm. Like I said im very pleased with Tony this year. But is he better than luck? It's possible they are both in that second tier. But luck won't stay in that second tier for long.

I agree, but I would say that there is something of a paradox to Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Luck and others. The higher the ability to carry a team, the more likely that the organization might slack on giving them all the necessary complementary pieces...like Romo's o-line after the '07 season. Still, Luck had to endure the loss of Reggie Wayne last year, so 2013 is not totally reflective of what he could have done.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Luck has definitely made a leap from his first two years statistically, at least this year he looks the part of the so-called elite QB. I'm not convinced right now that it is any more than stat padding against the dregs of that worthless division he plays in (8 TDs against JAX & TEN alone). I've never felt Luck was a HOF talent, but closer to someone like a Matt Ryan (definitely not a bad place to be in, as Ryan was an MVP candidate just a couple of years ago).

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Romo > Luck

Luck is a great QB, but he's been hugely hyped up. I remember Cowherd like 6 weeks ago saying there's only 4 elite QBs and it's Luck, Rodgers, Manning, and Brees. At this moment, Wilson should be closer to the Elite title then Luck.

I don't think that's what they're saying. They're talking about THIS year, and THIS year I got Romo every single time. Change Romo's name to Andrew Luck and he'd be getting a lot more hype for his play. Of course it's Luck if you're talking about the next 5-10 years, but Luck would also be over Manning, Brees, Brady, and any QB not named Rodgers.

LOL.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Luck has definitely made a leap from his first two years statistically, at least this year he looks the part of the so-called elite QB. I'm not convinced right now that it is any more than stat padding against the dregs of that worthless division he plays in (8 TDs against JAX & TEN alone). I've never felt Luck was a HOF talent, but closer to someone like a Matt Ryan (definitely not a bad place to be in, as Ryan was an MVP candidate just a couple of years ago).

when you consider Luck was annointed before he took his first snap then its not surprising the dim and dumb like some here think he is better than Romo at this time. He clearly is not.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Why compare?

Everyone, and I mean everyone should be ecstatic that Romo and the team putting out these 6-1 results.

That's the ONLY stat that matters. Did you win? Did you score more than opponent(means you won)? Heh heh

:clap:
It's almost as if there's this incessant need to prove Romo is a very good/great quarterback. We know the man, we know the script, we know what needs to be done for Romo to get the credit his talent begs. He has to take his team to a Super Bowl and win it. That's his blessing and curse as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, the premiere franchise in the NFL.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I love me some Tony Romo, but in defense of Luck, we do have a better OL and better offensive weapons. Put Luck as our QB and his numbers would be ridiculous.

You're just a hater. </sarcasm>

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
That doesn't take away the fact Luck is a better QB than Romo

It's not that one is better than the other.

They are both exceptional(Romo has made some really crappy decisions, but, QB ability is on par with some of the best ever). I can say that honest and still critique his past gaffs/ints)...

Any football person will tell you that(both are exceptional). Unbiasedly.

BigD5

Reaction score
I love Romo. There's no player I would be happier for if he was to hoist the Lombardi Trophy. With that said, Andrew Luck is the best Qb in the NFL. He makes incredible throws that I don't see anyone else making. And Luck is tenacious. Just an incredible talent

dstovall5

Reaction score
He put that throw on the money at the end of the game, it hit 41 right in the hands in the EndZone.

dstovall5

Reaction score
I hate these " knock down a QB to elevate Romo threads".

In the same sense, I hate when our own fans go out of their own way just to knock down Romo. I mean it's not like Romo dons the star right? Our fans knock Romo more then any other fan base, so it's nice to see Romo getting some love.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In the same sense, I hate when our own fans go out of their own way just to knock down Romo. I mean it's not like Romo dons the star right? Our fans knock Romo then any other fan base, so it's nice to see Romo getting some love.
It goes with the territory of being a top level player, especially a QB. There will always be a sect of the fan base over scrutizing you.

But I dont know many " Proof Phillip Rivers/ Jay Cutler/Ben Rothisberger/Eli Manning/Russell Wilson isnt better then Romo" threads Ive seen over the years from fan board to fan board. Way too many

I think many in our fanbase ( and Im sure this is the case with every fanbase) worry too much about where our players are ranked. I dont care where Romo is ranked. I just care about how many games we win with him