Since when did being "broke" become a "strategy"?

Danger

Reaction score
Honestly, who really knows what goes on behind closed doors? It's just speculation that we all spin to fit our agendas/beliefs/attitudes.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Seems like we've been broke forever but I've been hearing how we've been so good about not giving out bad contracts lately. How long will we have to be cheap before we'll actually be able to spend money? The only current bad contract I can think of is Carr. I don't see why we'd be so broke if we only have one bad contract on the roster. We also seem to love to restructure contracts every year. Most fans on here seem to think that's a good strategy. I've heard others say it's not.

coach steele

Reaction score
This team is broke....yet again. They are sitting on the sidelines by force, not by choice. Let's not spin this into a strategy.

We have 10 million in cap room. How are we broke? Who has the Packers signed?

Nation

Reaction score
Plenty of room to make moves if they made sense to do. The smart teams don't make their moves in March.

davey999

Reaction score
The Packers have resigned the guys they needed to.

We are looking to the draft to fill every hole.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not a cap guru here, but i have to disagree. We could easily be big spenders by pushing money into future years, and probably would have done that if we had the Jerry Jones from five years ago. Still have to see what we end up with, but i'm not mad that they are sitting out as these monster contracts come out.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
We could easily have like $20 million in space if we really wanted to right now. We could literally sign anyone we wanted to. The money isn't an issue. We've done the FA spending sprees before. How well does that always turn out?

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have more space, and not need to restructure anyone, but such is life in the salary capped NFL.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Tons of holes to fill. Hopefully we can have a decent team next season. No choice but to sacrifice the future which im ok with.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I don't mind waiting out the first wave of frenzy. I don't think anyone thus far has instantly upgraded to Super Bowl status at this point.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
We have 8.5mil of cap space. We let Harris and Durant go probably because we didnt think they are worth the contracts. Didn't sign anyone to stupid contracts. The sky is falling. That should cover it.

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
In the early portion of free agency you have lots of money chasing a limited number of players. As teams fill spots and run out of money to spend, the players that are left over can be signed to bargain basement contracts.

Regardless of why we're operating this way, the strategy is sound. It's the exact same way we picked up some of the guys that folks here are so afraid to lose now (e.g. Durant, Melton, etc).

Titleist

Reaction score
If we're "broke" I'm curious to know what the Eagles status is

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Its been detailed over and over ad nauseum how the team could create plenty of cap space to sign whomever they wanted and keep whomever they wanted. They aren't broke, they are being selective with who they sign and re-sign and its smart business despite all the over reaction.