Singletary Norv's DC Pick?

trueblue1687

Reaction score
I don't think Singletary would be able to come as a DC. Didn't SF give him a assistant HC title along with his other duty? Would be a lateral move at best or compensation....he's not worth compensation at this point in his career since he has done absolutely nothing.

DipChit

Reaction score
DizzG;1347758 said:
is there anyone people here would be pleased with?

Jesus Christ...I dont think there has been one name thrown out that people havent B!tched about...including even Bill Cowher

Well for me it doesnt have so much to do with disliking the particular individuals at all.... just the role they're being cast into either individually or collectively.

Forgive me for not liking the sound of an unproven HC accompanied by 2 unproven coordinators.. then throw in a QB that doesnt exactly have 4-5 years of successs under his belt either.

I dont think you'll find too many stout teams in this league that are made up like that.

They'd all have at least one proven thing somewhere in those 4 areas.. even if it's just HC or QB.. to hang their hat on.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
trueblue1687;1347782 said:
I don't think Singletary would be able to come as a DC. Didn't SF give him a assistant HC title along with his other duty? Would be a lateral move at best or compensation....he's not worth compensation at this point in his career since he has done absolutely nothing.

Thats a good point. I just looked, his Title is ASHC.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
DipChit;1347783 said:
Well for me it doesnt have so much to do with disliking the particular individuals at all.... just the role they're being cast into either individually or collectively.

Forgive me for not liking the sound of an unproven HC accompanied by 2 unproven coordinators.. then throw in a QB that doesnt exactly have 4-5 years of successs under his belt either.

I dont think you'll find too many stout teams in this league that are made up like that.

They'd all have at least one proven thing in those 4 areas to hang their hat on.

:bow: :)

Maybe Jerry thinks the team is so close they can coach themselves. I dunno.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
trueblue1687;1347782 said:

I may be wrong on this. If we brought Singletary in and made him ASHC/DC then that's a step up from his currently title as ASHC/LB Coach in San Fran. Thus no compensation is necessary.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1347787 said:
I may be wrong on this. If we brought Singletary in and made him ASHC/DC then that's a step up from his currently title as ASHC/LB Coach in San Fran. Thus no compensation is necessary.

I think it's still lateral by virtue of the asst hc title. Most likely why SF hung it onhim....to keep him from leaving just yet.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
trueblue1687;1347801 said:
I think it's still lateral by virtue of the asst hc title. Most likely why SF hung it onhim....to keep him from leaving just yet.

If that's the case then San Fran is EXTREMELY GEIGH.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1347787 said:
The only was we can get Singletary from the 49ers is as a HC or if they give us permission to interview him for another position. The only way we can get any coach from any team is if we want them as Head Coach. No other fancy titles matter. It doesn't matter if it is a promotion or not, if it is not a promotion to head coach, it doesn't matter.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
COWBOYSNUM1;1347826 said:
The only was we can get Singletary from the 49ers is as a HC or if they give us permission to interview him for another position. The only way we can get any coach from any team is if we want them as Head Coach. No other fancy titles matter. It doesn't matter if it is a promotion or not, if it is not a promotion to head coach, it doesn't matter.

the wild card in all of this is, we don't know how his contract is set up with the 49ers. There might some sort of buy out clause or some other type wording that would allow him to move if He wanted to. jason was still under contract with the dolphins and we hired him, so I would guess we could do it with Mike s,, if jerry wants him bad enough.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1347866 said:
the wild card in all of this is, we don't know how his contract is set up with the 49ers. There might some sort of buy out clause or some other type wording that would allow him to move if He wanted to. jason was still under contract with the dolphins and we hired him, so I would guess we could do it with Mike s,, if jerry wants him bad enough.

Yep!!

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1347866 said:
Miami denied everyone else permission that inquired about Jason except for the Cowboys. But they decided to give us permission to interview him since he had a history with the Cowboys. He was here several years and his dad used to work for the Cowboys. That's the only way we could have got him....If the Dolphins would have said no, then he would not be here now.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
COWBOYSNUM1;1347946 said:
Miami denied everyone else permission that inquired about Jason except for the Cowboys. But they decided to give us permission to interview him since he had a history with the Cowboys. He was here several years and his dad used to work for the Cowboys. That's the only way we could have got him....If the Dolphins would have said no, then he would not be here now.
Mike Singletary is from Texas, so he might want to come home and the Niners may want to oblige him.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
DipChit;1347783 said:

lol..you just ran Bill Parcells, the most proven coach in the league out of town.

DipChit

Reaction score
baj1dallas;1348035 said:
lol..you just ran Bill Parcells, the most proven coach in the league out of town.

Well I'm not sure what did.. but I'm pretty sure it wasnt me personally. ;)

But either way thats no excuse to suddenly set it up where theres question marks in every slot.

Wouldnt matter so much if one thought the team was a couple years away anyhow.. let em grow together.

But for a team that feels they're on the doorstep?

Seems kinda weird to me... although could work regardless since in this day and age anything is possible in this league.