Sirius XM

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I use this in my car because of my refusal to listen to terrestrial radio after 25 years in the biz and the greedy scumbags ruining it.

Just got an email that they've added online, smart phone and tablet to it at no additional charge. Activated mine and it's got another group of channels available online that drill down on some of the more general stations like Alternative, First Wave and Lithium and even Country for you Yee Hawyers.

Smart of them to do this because now I will use it in more places instead of just in the auto and get more attached to it.

I also use Apple Music for selecting specific artists and adding this to the mix will be most welcome.

Anyway just a heads up for the musicheads, in case you're interested.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Haven't really used XM in years. When they dropped Fox and hiked the price, I just cxld it and never went back. I don't even use it when it's free with a new car purchase. Don't miss it, to be honest.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haven't really used XM in years. When they dropped Fox and hiked the price, I just cxld it and never went back. I don't even use it when it's free with a new car purchase. Don't miss it, to be honest.
The price is pretty reasonable, <8 bucks a month, but some are OK with terrestrial radio, I am not and if I was, can't get much where I live.

I am also a pretty much all over the road listener and even HD radio doesn't serve up enough variety. That was a failed experiment just like AM stereo.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The price is pretty reasonable, <8 bucks a month, but some are OK with terrestrial radio, I am not and if I was, can't get much where I live.

I am also a pretty much all over the road listener and even HD radio doesn't serve up enough variety. That was a failed experiment just like AM stereo.

It could be free and I wouldn't use it Couch. It's a principle thing for me.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Dropped Fox? The news or regular Fox?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I use this in my car because of my refusal to listen to terrestrial radio after 25 years in the biz and the greedy scumbags ruining it.

Just got an email that they've added online, smart phone and tablet to it at no additional charge. Activated mine and it's got another group of channels available online that drill down on some of the more general stations like Alternative, First Wave and Lithium and even Country for you Yee Hawyers.

Smart of them to do this because now I will use it in more places instead of just in the auto and get more attached to it.

I also use Apple Music for selecting specific artists and adding this to the mix will be most welcome.

Anyway just a heads up for the musicheads, in case you're interested.
Already had it in my car, so I downloaded the app, so I can listen to it in my work truck, via aux cable; in the gym, via Bluetooth earphones; or in the shower, via Bluetooth speaker. I'm listening to it now online.

It's a pretty cool thing to have, though there are a couple of on-air personalities I wish would shut up and just play the music. Earl Bailey just plain pisses me off, with his stupid little "hints" at what he's going to play next. I really, really dislike him...to the point that I yell at the speaker, "Shut the Hell up!!! I pay to hear music, not you, jackass!!" I won't even play the channel he's on, once I know he's on it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Already had it in my car, so I downloaded the app, so I can listen to it in my work truck, via aux cable; in the gym, via Bluetooth earphones; or in the shower, via Bluetooth speaker. I'm listening to it now online.

It's a pretty cool thing to have, though there are a couple of on-air personalities I wish would shut up and just play the music. Earl Bailey just plain pisses me off, with his stupid little "hints" at what he's going to play next. I really, really dislike him...to the point that I yell at the speaker, "Shut the Hell up!!! I pay to hear music, not you, jackass!!" I won't even play the channel he's on, once I know he's on it.
I gravitate to the unannounced stations, I had my fill of on air personalities on the job.

I'll tell ya, with this and Apple Music with the new Rock and Alternative playlists, I don't have enough ears. You'd think if I could get multiple personalities, I could get a set of ears with each one.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

I find him really annoying too. Just the sound of his voice bothers me.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Exactly, but I don't understand why. There's nothing particularly wrong with his voice. I think it's his monotone cadence that makes him seem so proud of everything he says that annoys me.
It is mostly his cadence and he sounds smug giving his little tidbits. Trying too hard to be "cool".

rags747

Reaction score
Yeah I love Sirius and would not know what stations to listen to on terrestrial radio. So much on Sirius and the price is one of the true bargains out there imo.

nobody

Reaction score

They sent me a thing saying they'd reactivate mine for 3 years for $99. (That's $2.75 a month.) It was tempting, but I moved the radio to my son's car, so I'd only use the app and online functions.