Sit Dez and Romo for the season

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not quite on the season is definitely over.

It definitely looks bleak. Cause I'm thinking 4-5 is the best we will be when Romo returns.

Now this division is so piss poor this year that 4-5 might be more than good enough for when Romo returns. So we might luck out because of that fact.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not quite on the season is definitely over.

It definitely looks bleak. Cause I'm thinking 4-5 is the best we will be when Romo returns.

Now this division is so piss poor this year that 4-5 might be more than good enough for when Romo returns. So we might luck out because of that fact.

That's the saving grace right now. It's only really NY we have to be concerned with, and they're really not a good team.

Though, either the Giants or the Eagles are capable of putting things together, because we've seen it before. We're probably going to have to steal one from SEAr PHI (if either can be called stealing) to have a shot. Two games back, with ten to play is doable. The problem is, our problems aren't just that Tony and Dez are on the bench. We're not playing good football at more than just the QB position right now.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
9-7 or 8-8 might be enough to win the division.

Possibly... never doubted the possibility... but it gets thinner every week. My concern is how poorly, & undisciplined the guys who are here has played. That makes it hard to see us winning all of our games when Romo comes back....

but as long as their is breath, their is life..... but that breath is becoming weaker every week.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's the saving grace right now. It's only really NY we have to be concerned with, and they're really not a good team.

Though, either the Giants or the Eagles are capable of putting things together, because we've seen it before. We're probably going to have to steal one from SEAr PHI (if either can be called stealing) to have a shot. Two games back, with ten to play is doable. The problem is, our problems aren't just that Tony and Dez are on the bench. We're not playing good football at more than just the QB position right now.

Roger Staubach on Jason Garrett: "He gets better and better. I think he is going to be one of the great coaches in the NFL."

Yah, that Garrett, he just keeps getting better and better!!!! :lmao:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Fair enough.

Without question it won't fix the special teams not being any good at this point.

The defense will get some much needed help with most sustained offense (Although they got that yesterday and the defense responded very well) but without all the turnovers. Having Romo to put guys in the right places, to read the defense properly and of course having Dez out there so the defense has to game plan accordingly will help this team out a lot.

But it won't fix everything, that much is true.

Junglist

Reaction score
2-4 with Seattle, Green Bay, NYJ, Carolina, Miami, Philly still left on schedule. Seriously, there is no reason to risk either of them and we are better off with the higher draft pick. Not being defeatist, just realistic.

This is the kind of soft mentality that's wrong with this team, and I blame Garrett. He acts like certain players are so damn important, that we can't function without them. Guess what, we don't have two of those players, and we are NOT functioning without them. Don't risk them? I mean, I think the season is over, but you most DEFINITELY put those two in as soon as you can. Also, Dez should be returning punts. He's the best we have on the team at it, but Garrett is too much of a ***** to let that happen.

T-RO

Reaction score
This is the kind of soft mentality that's wrong with this team, and I blame Garrett. He acts like certain players are so damn important, that we can't function without them. Guess what, we don't have two of those players, and we are NOT functioning without them. Don't risk them? I mean, I think the season is over, but you most DEFINITELY put those two in as soon as you can. Also, Dez should be returning punts. He's the best we have on the team at it, but Garrett is too much of a ***** to let that happen.

Garrett is coaching the posters of this forum and telling them how to think, huh?

As for how Red "acts like certain players are so damn important...and can't function without them..." I'd be real interested in you walking us through how you arrived at that one!

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
in a few weeks, it will be a non issue. Prediction - Cowboys to have 10th or 11th pick in 2016 draft.