Twitter: Six players including Kelvin Joseph moved to IR; designated to return

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Knight & Anae were shopped for a reason.

That's part of what makes me wonder if they won't be the cuts if we can't trade them, although I'd keep Anae over Kamara. I think the only reason we wouldn't is because Kamara has a lot of upside while Anae is more of a self-made player whose physical gifts are limited.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Something about the Dallas 2nd round draft picks: J.Smith, T. Hill, now K. Joseph.

They just cant get it right with the 2nd round. Its because they are always reaching for guys with 1st round talent but fall because of injury or off the field issues. You can add Gregory to that list also. And Sean Lee. He was an injury issue coming out. Had injury problems his entire career.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
We need to stop drafting injured player and/or players from smaller schools with our 2nd rounders.

Leave that for 3rd round down.

817Gill

Reaction score
Jesus feel so bad for Joseph. Normal football thing happens to him and it’s all of a sudden a sign of something bigger. Didn’t see anyone say these things about Chauncey Gholston, not sure why a lot of us want to find something wrong so bad. Dude plays football, injuries happen.

Everything people use as negatives against him are just normal 2021 NFL things lol. A minicamp protocol stint and an injury are normal occurrences in today’s NFL but if it’s Joseph involved it’s doom and gloom.

Since protocols were a bad sign for KJ, are we mad at Ceedee for being in protocol this past week? Are we mad at McKeon or Gallimore for getting injured?

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So that accounts for the five players on reserve who will need to be added to the roster, and one of the two special-teammers (long-snapper and punter).

It still means we'll have to make two roster cuts, one for the other special-teammer and one for the new running back. I think the cuts will be two of the following: Kamara, Fehoko, Mukuama or Farniok. Farniok is least likely to be cut IMO. The surprise cuts for me would be Anae and Knight, but I could see it because of depth at their positions.

The cuts I would expect are Mukuamu because we still have 11 DBs and Kamara because we have 6 DEs.

Definitely agree about Kamara.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Kansas is in the SEC.
You mean Kentucky if you're referring to Joseph and yes Kentuxky is in the SEC.

I was reffering to smaller schools just as a general rule and reffering more so to Trysten Hill. Injuries I obvioualy reffered to Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee. Both players had some time in the spotlight but obviously have dealt with inury riddled seasons.

Jospeh has played for 2 larger programs in LSU and Kentucky and didnt have any injury history. Just some character questions.
He played in the SEC and had no prior injuries. A football player getting injured, wild stuff huh.

I still think Joseph is a solid pick. When his groin heals he'll improve. He's looked beneath himself because of the groin.

My model is just based as a rule of thumb. Not specific to Joseph, more so using past picks as an example. Even Gregory was looking like another 2nd round mistake before the league changed its Marijuana policy. Now I think that pick is going to pan out well finally. Injury is part of football for sure.

817Gill

Reaction score
You mean Kentucky if you're referring to Joseph and yes Kentuxky is in the SEC.

I was reffering to smaller schools just as a general rule and reffering more so to Trysten Hill. Injuries I obvioualy reffered to Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee. Both players had some time in the spotlight but obviously have dealt with inury riddled seasons.

Jospeh has played for 2 larger programs in LSU and Kentucky and didnt have any injury history. Just some character questions.

I still think Joseph is a solid pick. When his groin heals he'll improve. He's looked beneath himself because of the groin.

My model is just based as a rule of thumb. Not specific to Joseph, more so using past picks as an example. Even Gregory was looking like another 2nd round mistake before the league changed its Marijuana policy. Now I think that pick is going to pan out well finally. Injury is part of football for sure.
Gotchu thanks for elaborating