News: Sixth-round pick RB Darius Jackson: Cowboys drafted me for a reason

jaybird

Reaction score
i can see jackson make the 53 instead of a fullback.

dunbar will probably start on the PUP list, and mcfadden will be coming off the broken elbow.

That's an interesting take on Jackson
A multi purpose back? Special teams ace and a FB that can also help in the passing game

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think he sticks in the league. I just don't know if it's here.

I think if your going with a HBBC, you keep both McFadden and Morris over him

I think if you draft a bell cow in the top 4, you keep the young, cheap HB that can play ST's IMO

xvendettax914

Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me in the least bit if he made the roster. At this point I have a hard time counting Dunbar as a piece and McFadden is up in the air. That leaves zeke and Morris..

bsheeern

Reaction score
Barring an injury, McFadden or Morris are Gone. In all likelihood its McFadden.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Either DMac or Dunbar won't be here when the season starts with Jackson making the 53.....young, fresh legs replacing two with injury issues.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Does Jackson have any receiving skills?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
i still dont understand the pick and after reading the story he seems just as surprised. He may turn out to be a decent back but we just dont need him. I would rather have seen the team take a shot at a cb/kr

Im happier with this pick than most of the others to be honest. Kid has some pop. And I think we move DMC for a pick or a vet QB

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
My only question is, do we change in mid game our blocking scheme when McFadden comes in for relief.

In his rookie season, it would be smart of the Cowboys to not give Zeke a huge amount of carries cause we don't want him to run out of gas if we make the postseason.

But as you say above, this question has come to my mind. We know what we get with DMac, but is changing to man even something we would be willing to do just cause of DMac. Looks like we set ourselves up to not have to do that, so DMac better be looking in his rearview mirror.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I think they drafted Jackson to be the eventual replacement of Dunbar. I think they believe, as I do, that Dunbar will never be able to remain healthy. I think they view McFadden as a stop gap measure with an injury history and next year they want Elliot, Morris and Jackson as the only RB's on the roster and only carry 3.

The injury history of Mcfadden and Dunbar make them both odd men out. Both are productive when healthy but for right now the Cowboys are just hedging their bets trying to avoid the situation they got into last year, trading draft picks for dock workers.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Does Jackson have any receiving skills?

Well there was a clip of him catching a pass in OTAs (think it was BB who thought it was Hanna at first), but the real question is if he can actually run routes like WR, ala Dumbar. If he can do that, then Dumbar needs to watch out.

Manster68

Reaction score
Everybody has their own opinions on Jackson - nothing wrong with that. If Jackson breaks a tackle and goes for 40+ in the first pre-season game, then we get to sit back and watch whose opinions are swaying.

That is part of the fun of the message boards.

I wish Darius Jackson, and all the other Cowboys the best this season.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
What was the reason for escobar ??

I am hoping jackson can return kicks.

Or Bennett or Fasano, etc. Witten doesn't give up the touches (where is the coaching authority?), but you keep using 2nd rounders on TEs..."Winning"