Twitter: SJ makes clear Cowboys won’t follow Rams “all in” plan

kskboys

Reaction score
They are incompetent they know it, and they are unwilling to get better people in to do anything about it. They're playing to the KJJs of this forum and fandom, telling them the check is definitely in the mail this month for the twenty-seventh month since they first promised it was, because they know those fans will happily wait by the mailbox one more month and then another and another.....
I'm not convinced they know they are incompetent.

kskboys

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is an idiot like his dad. I think he cares more on saving money than winning. He will be worst than his dad.
I don't know how many times I have to tell people this. HE IS NOT SAVING MONEY. There is a salary minimum. SJ has to be cheap in FA simply because they have no salary cap room to sign better players.

SJ and JJ have tried everything in their arsenal. Nothing has worked and they have no idea why.

kskboys

Reaction score
i remember like 6 years ago people said they were all in for one year and it seems like they keep getting that message but still manage to put a team together.
They are all in every year, and are able to put a team together than can win some regular seasons games. They have no idea what it takes to win playoff games, and wouldn't be willing to take the necessary steps anyway.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don't know how many times I have to tell people this. HE IS NOT SAVING MONEY. There is a salary minimum. SJ has to be cheap in FA simply because they have no salary cap room to sign better players.

SJ and JJ have tried everything in their arsenal. Nothing has worked and they have no idea why.

Well it shows just how incompetent they are when they dish out block buster deals to Dak, Zeke, Tank, Amari and others and nothing to show for.

Still a failure bringing in the right players and working the cap correctly.

DFWJC

Reaction score
"Decades" because they work for themselves. The Jones boys dynamic duo would've been canned 15-20 years ago, otherwise.

No other NFL team would hire either of them after 3 lousy playoff wins in 25 years. The "vast majority of GMs" have to actually win to keep their jobs.
speaking to the choir
the question was how do "they" think

I'm sure they think that--as with every other job--experience matters, and that you can continue learning throughout your career.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely. Serious about winning? Show us.

isn’t it amazing how people can feel so confident in a game plan that has taken this team 26 years and counting to rebuild the team…with this great strategy the missing piece hasn’t been born yet…

blueblood70

Reaction score

This is the annual Cowboys front office off season “process”- tell the fans “we can’t afford good FAs because of the cap and the future”, then dumpster dive for “affordable” FAs, sell every draft pick as a future pro bowler, then act surprised when they either don’t make the playoffs or lose early.

Wash, rinse, repeat. And sell the fans starting in training camp that this is a SB roster.

Meanwhile, teams with a great front office like the rams, bucs, chiefs, packers, ravens, etc. somehow (under the same cap rules Stephen Jones whines about) are able to sign quality free agents and get under the cap. It’s not like this is some kind of state secret to get under the cap.

?=When did the Ravens last go to the Super Bowl?

and
=The Baltimore Ravens have appeared in the Super Bowl 2 times, in 2000 and 2012.

sure is working for them huh? wait until they have to now pay Lamar..we shall find out how this process works giving him 45mil or he walks..lets watch and see

Packers last sb win and or appearance?

The Packers defeated the Steelers by the score of 31–25. The game was played on February 6, 2011, at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, the first time the Super Bowl was played in the Dallas–Fort Worth area.

odd this process BTW packers IMO aren't big FA spenders, show me ..their HOF qb wants 50mil or leaves he wants out, some process huh? Not a process have one of the best qbs of all time and only 1 sb win and we have their coach: LOL

sure they have been to 3 straight NFCCG and lost wish our beloved cowboys have done so much but 2 bad examples IMHO.

3rd example is also flawed much like Denver's attempt at sb and got Manning to do so then crumbled is that a system or luck? similar to Stafford trade maybe and again wish my DC would have done this one BUT what has Denver done since ?

TB really if you meant tb12 and another example im betting is one time, one off sb as now what to they do they lost 12, a PB OL or two, a HOF TE all leave plus more..

so really this is the rams deal for now found a way and we shall see what happens going forward but SJ is using those examples on how they won and fell apart or never repeated it vs being more consistent. Not saying i agree but he has point.

Chiefs got their run on Mahomes rookie deal and now are paying the piper soon but ill give you them as great team but high dollar crazy FA moves, show me?

NE did it last year and first round out they were in fact the highest spender sin FA and possible set record; they went away from their normal Cowboy like safe ways and got where?

it worked out for few teams but why few there are 32 teams in the Legue, we were top 12 3rd seed had solid year .i get the overall point of this and hoped someday the FO would try this one time get fans another NFCG or SB appearance.

however no proof that if done it will work..none those very few w if they were a blueprint why dont 96% of the rest of the teams follow suit? why because you cant 100% copy what they didnt and when, the circumstances will always be different players names, coaches, division strengths, schedule/opponents strengths, , and other factors make it near impossible to actually simply do what the rams did and it gets you a trophy. my examples shows it works less than its does 3-4 teams over the last 20years+ found a way to make it work but many have went ballz craxy in FA and making trades etc and it failed or just was a neutral move.

75boyz

Reaction score
?=When did the Ravens last go to the Super Bowl?

and
=The Baltimore Ravens have appeared in the Super Bowl 2 times, in 2000 and 2012.

sure is working for them huh? wait until they have to now pay Lamar..we shall find out how this process works giving him 45mil or he walks..lets watch and see

Packers last sb win and or appearance?

The Packers defeated the Steelers by the score of 31–25. The game was played on February 6, 2011, at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, the first time the Super Bowl was played in the Dallas–Fort Worth area.

odd this process BTW packers IMO aren't big FA spenders, show me ..their HOF qb wants 50mil or leaves he wants out, some process huh? Not a process have one of the best qbs of all time and only 1 sb win and we have their coach: LOL

sure they have been to 3 straight NFCCG and lost wish our beloved cowboys have done so much but 2 bad examples IMHO.

3rd example is also flawed much like Denver's attempt at sb and got Manning to do so then crumbled is that a system or luck? similar to Stafford trade maybe and again wish my DC would have done this one BUT what has Denver done since ?

TB really if you meant tb12 and another example im betting is one time, one off sb as now what to they do they lost 12, a PB OL or two, a HOF TE all leave plus more..

so really this is the rams deal for now found a way and we shall see what happens going forward but SJ is using those examples on how they won and fell apart or never repeated it vs being more consistent. Not saying i agree but he has point.

Chiefs got their run on Mahomes rookie deal and now are paying the piper soon but ill give you them as great team but high dollar crazy FA moves, show me?

NE did it last year and first round out they were in fact the highest spender sin FA and possible set record; they went away from their normal Cowboy like safe ways and got where?

it worked out for few teams but why few there are 32 teams in the Legue, we were top 12 3rd seed had solid year .i get the overall point of this and hoped someday the FO would try this one time get fans another NFCG or SB appearance.

however no proof that if done it will work..none those very few w if they were a blueprint why dont 96% of the rest of the teams follow suit? why because you cant 100% copy what they didnt and when, the circumstances will always be different players names, coaches, division strengths, schedule/opponents strengths, , and other factors make it near impossible to actually simply do what the rams did and it gets you a trophy. my examples shows it works less than its does 3-4 teams over the last 20years+ found a way to make it work but many have went ballz craxy in FA and making trades etc and it failed or just was a neutral move.
Weird.
You accurately list teams who had previous all in approaches to winning a championship. I mean, you even cited proper front office personnel moves and the whole nine yards. Some of these teams you mention as in GB or KC are current consistent playoff contenders.

But then I guess I am somehow missing your supportive stance of the Cowboys Way of relying on overpaying 2nd contracts to homegrown draftees that has netted a whole 4 playoff wins in 26 years is your rebuttal defense?

So, is it a just keep it all the same because being an aggressive front office is disagreeable in your personal opinion or what?

Again, they have won 4 playoff games in 26 years. Does something not need to change at the core of the roster building philosophy of the front office?

All those other teams mentioned, who won a trophy, if even only one must be doing it the wrong way. Some of them have won more than 1 trophy while Dallas is still awaiting it's next NFC Championship game since '95.

But yep, status quo is the way to go.

jmo

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Weird.
You accurately list teams who had previous all in approaches to winning a championship. I mean, you even cited proper front office personnel moves and the whole nine yards. Some of these teams you mention as in GB or KC are consistent playoff contenders.

But then I guess I am somehow missing your supportive stance of the Cowboys Way of relying on overpaying 2nd contracts to homegrown draftees that has netted a whole 4 playoff wins in 26 years is your rebuttal defense?

So, is it a just keep it all the same because being an aggressive front office is disagreeable in your personal opinion or what?

Again, they have won 4 playoff games in 26 years. Does something not need to change at the core of the roster building philosophy of the front office?
3-4 examples in 20years for 3 teams doesn't make it a lock..show me it does ill show you billionaires who would BUY A championship. Its no guarantee just because it worked few times for 3-4 teams. Odds are you do it its like playing the lottery..many more examples of all in FA spending sprees not working. That's my point..

I was pretty clear id like them to try this ONCE I said that if anything to shut most of you up

but Bobs flat wrong inferring that if we did somehow it would work..it actually doesn't work most times..almost all of those listed changed the QB and were ready our QB regardless of hate troll posters wasn't the issue..mistakes and penalties were, not like 12-5 made us far away using the jones plan.

we seen dream teams on voth sides of the ball or FA sprees that helped team improve enough to make it to the payoffs and that it ie Philly, giants and this year NE.i mean it shows it only works 10% of the time if that. thats not great odds to hock your future over a gamble, that is all SJ truly meant.

75boyz

Reaction score
3-4 examples in 20years for 3 teams doesn't make it a lock..show me it does ill show you billionaires who would BUY A championship. Its no guarantee just because it worked few times for 3-4 teams. Odds are you do it its like playing the lottery..many more examples of all in FA spending sprees not working. That's my point..

I was pretty clear id like them to try this ONCE I said that if anything to shut most of you up

but Bobs flat wrong inferring that if we did somehow it would work..it actually doesn't work most times..almost all of those listed changed the QB and were ready our QB regardless of hate troll posters wasn't the issue..mistakes and penalties were, not like 12-5 made us far away using the jones plan.

we seen dream teams on voth sides of the ball or FA sprees that helped team improve enough to make it to the payoffs and that it ie Philly, giants and this year NE.i mean it shows it only works 10% of the time if that. thats not great odds to hock your future over a gamble, that is all SJ truly meant.

I agree with the premise of Bob's several similar posts touting that the Jones front office way of doing business is not working.

But I see now that your central point was that the all in approach has too much risk for your liking IF there is no trophy at the end because you feel it rarely happens.

I can only say again that imo, the same Cowboy way of doing business has not worked and will not work unless there is drastic change.

I'm pretty sure that's at the core of all of Bob's recent similar posts.

jmo

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
We could win a Super Bowl, but then we'd have a much bigger problem going out in the first round next year and the year after.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The key component to "all in" was being able to get the rarely available stud QB. That was the case with both Stafford and Brady....and yers earlier, Payton Manning to Denver.
So 3 times in maybe 30 years.

Dallas isn't looking for another QB anyway,

The other big move the Rams made last year was getting an older Von Miller, who did well.