Skid Row released a new album with a new lead singer

Kellsbells

Reaction score
I run the risk of being made fun of for this. Skid Row, who many view as a washed-up 80s band, recently put out a new album with a new lead singer. I really like it. It feels like they have something to prove. There is a song on there called "October's Song" that I'm currently obsessed with. As soon as it gets to the end, I hit repeat, over and over again.

Big_D

Reaction score
I run the risk of being made fun of for this. Skid Row, who many view as a washed-up 80s band, recently put out a new album with a new lead singer. I really like it. It feels like they have something to prove. There is a song on there called "October's Song" that I'm currently obsessed with. As soon as it gets to the end, I hit repeat, over and over again.
No one will make fun of you here. Skid Row was underrated. I haven’t heard any of the new stuff.. I’ll have to check it out.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
No one will make fun of you here. Skid Row was underrated. I haven’t heard any of the new stuff.. I’ll have to check it out.
I don't know about that first statement, I took some heat for a post I made in the Fan Zone. I do think they were underrated, they are from about 20 minutes from me, I've met a few of them several times. Their new stuff is really good, I'd be curious to know what you think after you check it out.

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't know about that first statement, I took some heat for a post I made in the Fan Zone. I do think they were underrated, they are from about 20 minutes from me, I've met a few of them several times. Their new stuff is really good, I'd be curious to know what you think after you check it out.

I meant in this thread, all bets are off in the Fan Zone. I really liked October Song.. I listened to that whole album and it was very good. The singer does a great job.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares if someone makes fun of your musical tastes. You know what you like and you are not trying to impress anyone else with it,

Even if I or someone in here razzes you about some boy band or whatever, you like what you like and you are not here to impress us or gain our approval.

I remember back in the late eighties early nineties when I was in the Army and a bunch of us would be having a party playing metal or rock and I would walk over and throw in some sinatra. I loved the metal and rock but I liked sinatra as well. The looks I was given like it was to chastise a metalhead for liking something like that. Did not bother me a bit.

Hardline

Reaction score
Don't apologize for your musical taste. I'm not necessarily a Skid Row fan but I recognize that they are a very popular band.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't apologize for your musical taste. I'm not necessarily a Skid Row fan but I recognize that they are a very popular band.
Agreed.
They are also the first Metal band to have an album debut at number one.

Although the first album was more commercial in nature, they actually went harder on the second one.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Agreed.
They are also the first Metal band to have an album debut at number one.

Although the first album was more commercial in nature, they actually went harder on the second one.
They say that the second album (Slave to the Grind) lost their following of the 'chicks', but I love that one more than the first.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Musical preference is no different than one’s taste with food, art, literature or film and you need not apologize for any of it.