Skin Art / Tattoo Fans...**Updated**

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Started talking a little about a tattoo I am getting in another thread, figured there are probably quite a few that may have tattoos...so how about telling stories.

How many do you have, what are some of them, where are they at and so on.

I have 15 and getting another this weekend.

I have one around my Ankle - actually the only one that really hurt when it was going around that tendon. An ankle ban with a symbol connecting.

Got one on upper side of my thigh. A tiger ripping out of the skin

Got three on my chest. A dragon, Theater (happy/sad) masks, some Letterings.

Got 6 on one arm. Barbwire Band, Wolf, 2 Roses, Chinese Character, Demon Skull

3 on the other arm - Dragon, Serpent and a fill in piece that covers most of the upper arm.

Got 1 on my back (A big tigers head looking out of foilage) and getting ready to put the other on my back.

So...what do you have?

Duane

Reaction score
I've just got piercings, four, and since this is a family board I won't share the locations.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duane said:
I've just got piercings, four, and since this is a family board I won't share the locations.

I remember that discussion ....there Prince Albert :eek: :D

I just got a couple of piercings in my ear...at one time I had 4 in my ear.

I wouldn't mind a tongue or eyebrow piercing but I think the wife would disown me :D

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I do not have any but the funniest one was a guy I knew in the army he was airborne and had the airborne wings tatto on his chest right where it goes on the uniform

royhitshard

Reaction score
I have four, an American Flag (arm), shark (chest), OU logo (other arm), and Calvin doing his thing on a longhorn and KSU wildcat (back).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Can I chime in and say no way in hell will I ever have one? Piercings neither. Not even for money offered to do it.

:grin:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Can I chime in and say no way in hell will I ever have one? Piercings neither. Not even for money offered to do it.

I will drug you and get a nice one put on your belly that reads...put Nyquil here. :p: ;)

On a serious note...Some people will never want a tattoo for many reasons...and I have no problem with that.

I remember coming home on leave the first time from the army.

I was telling my family that I may get my ear pierced but would never get a tattoo...the next time I came home on leave I had six LOL.

But as I said on another thread...Even if I am just wearing a T-Shirt and shorts you would never know I had tattoos unless I told you or showed you.
Heck I have had people at work that have been there for years that never knew I had them until I told them.

As much as I like tattoos I just don't want any on my forearms or neck/head area.

I don't mind those on others, just not for me.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Here's a shocker... I've got one.

I got it back in August. It took them 1 1/2 hrs to finish it. Shout out to Clayton at Hard Times. He said I was the only woman to not request a break. It hurt like hell when he was doing the black outline, especially over the kidney and spine areas. But when he got to the 5 color fill in part I fell asleep. I got it for sentimental reasons. It is a royal blue monarch butterfly with a heart with wings surrounding it and the kids names are below it. Erik is my lil socal butterfly and with Emily not being with us anymore, the heart with wings is my heart flying to hers. Here is a pic of it. It is on the curve of my lower back. Mostly invisible unless I am nekid or in my bikini
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b110/texanstorm/my_tattoo.jpg​

oh... HAPPY FREAKIN NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!! And notice what I am wearing in my sig.... I GOT MY JAY NOVACEK JERSEY!!!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I will drug you and get a nice one put on your belly that reads...put Nyquil here. :p: ;)

On a serious note...Some people will never want a tattoo for many reasons...and I have no problem with that.

I remember coming home on leave the first time from the army.

I was telling my family that I may get my ear pierced but would never get a tattoo...the next time I came home on leave I had six LOL.

But as I said on another thread...Even if I am just wearing a T-Shirt and shorts you would never know I had tattoos unless I told you or showed you.
Heck I have had people at work that have been there for years that never knew I had them until I told them.

As much as I like tattoos I just don't want any on my forearms or neck/head area.

I don't mind those on others, just not for me.
My brothers have them. It just isn't my thing at all. Lots of stuff I'd rather spend my hard earned scratch on. To each his own.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Princess said:
Here's a shocker... I've got one.

I got it back in August. It took them 1 1/2 hrs to finish it. Shout out to Clayton at Hard Times. He said I was the only woman to not request a break. It hurt like hell when he was doing the black outline, especially over the kidney and spine areas. But when he got to the 5 color fill in part I fell asleep. I got it for sentimental reasons. It is a royal blue monarch butterfly with a heart with wings surrounding it and the kids names are below it. Erik is my lil socal butterfly and with Emily not being with us anymore, the heart with wings is my heart flying to hers. Here is a pic of it. It is on the curve of my lower back. Mostly invisible unless I am nekid or in my bikini
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b110/texanstorm/my_tattoo.jpg​

oh... HAPPY FREAKIN NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!! And notice what I am wearing in my sig.... I GOT MY JAY NOVACEK JERSEY!!!!

Nice Tattoo....I have always thought it was a cool idea to have tattoos with your kids names on them...seen some cool ones like that.

Oh and I did notice your Jay jersey last week sometime but forgot to comment on it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
My brothers have them. It just isn't my thing at all. Lots of stuff I'd rather spend my hard earned scratch on. To each his own.

You can always send that money my way. :D

So are you saving up for a Harley or Indian....or maybe a custom chopper. :cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
You can always send that money my way. :D

So are you saving up for a Harley or Indian....or maybe a custom chopper. :cool:
Naw, you'd just waste it on tats.

I sold my Harley a couple of months ago to reduce some debt. Trying for a rather large real estate purchase. I miss it bad.

I would love to build a custom chopper, but I prefer my Harley. Thinking I'm going to get an Electra Glide this time. I'd love an Indian though.

If this deal goes through I'll be able to afford any bike I want. My wife says I have enough toys. Silly talk if you ask me.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
You're going to laugh at me - I don't have any, but I was a huge Peanuts fan growing up (And still am) so I'm debating about getting one...if I do it'll be a dancing snoopy on my biceps-area.

Don't know why but the more I think about it the more I like the idea....

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
There once was a time where having a tatoo was a rarity and those who had tatoos had them for good reasons. (military, tragedies, etc.)

Nowadays it seems like everybody and their mother has one and the majority of people do it so they can say, "Look, I've got a tatoo. I'm cool." Or, "Look at all my tatoos. I'm different and unique."

No you're not.
You're a dork.
And if eveyone in the world started cutting one of their ears off, you would too... follower.

Not saying this is true of everyone. But a LARGE majority.

For these reasons, I am still tatooless. I think the tables have turned and those of us w/o one are now the rarity.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GTaylor said:
You're going to laugh at me - I don't have any, but I was a huge Peanuts fan growing up (And still am) so I'm debating about getting one...if I do it'll be a dancing snoopy on my biceps-area.

Don't know why but the more I think about it the more I like the idea....

I knew a guy, a BIG guy and he came up to me one day and said...Hey I got a tattoo the other day, check it out.

He rolled up his sleeve and there was a small Mickey Mouse tattoo...I mean this guy was huge and the tattoo was just a little thing and just seemed funny on this big guy.

But he always had a thing for mickey and disney.

He liked it and that was all that is important.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
There once was a time where having a tatoo was a rarity and those who had tatoos had them for good reasons. (military, tragedies, etc.)

Nowadays it seems like everybody and their mother has one and the majority of people do it so they can say, "Look, I've got a tatoo. I'm cool." Or, "Look at all my tatoos. I'm different and unique."

No you're not.
You're a dork.
And if eveyone in the world started cutting one of their ears off, you would too... follower.

Not saying this is true of everyone. But a LARGE majority.

For these reasons, I am still tatooless. I think the tables have turned and those of us w/o one are now the rarity.

People without tattoos are NOT the rarity.

And once again it is not for everyone...if people don't like them, they don't like them.

Difference is...I would not call someone who does not have a tattoo...a Dork, I just realize they don't want one.

So take a valium and chill out andy rooney. :D

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
People without tattoos are NOT the rarity.

And once again it is not for everyone...if people don't like them, they don't like them.

Difference is...I would not call someone who does not have a tattoo...a Dork, I just realize they don't want one.

So take a valium and chill out andy rooney. :D
Sensitive subject, eh? :D

I specifically said that my comments weren't directed at anyone because I didn't want you to think I was talking about you.

Just speaking in general. Most of the guys I know with tatoos don't have any good explanation as to why they have them. And the tattoos they have are the same as the next guy's. (barb wire, tribal symbols, asian letters, etc.- dork)

As an artist I can certainly appreciate a good tattoo. But 90% of those who have them have them just to show people, "Look at me... I'm bad... I have a tattoo."
I'm not impressed.

Calm down there Slash :)

Nothing disturbs me more than a fine female with a big, gawdy tattoo on her. Such a shame, IMO.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Nothing disturbs me more than a fine female with a big, gawdy tatoo on her. Such a shame, IMO.

I definately agree with you on this. Janine used to be a beautiful woman until she started getting all the tats.