'Skins forum: Dear God I hope they were saving it for Dallas...

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
What you saw last night was a team that has finally given up. I gotta hand it to the Skins, they put up a fight for much longer than I thought they would've this season, but I'm convinced after watching them last night that we will blow their doors in. It's time to go in and dominate. :starspin

gmb85

Reaction score
RXP;3166456 said:
Good points.

They have a short week, with Christmas holidays in the middle of it and nothing to play for. It all points to a Cowboys win.

But I also thought we had no chance in New Orleans too. And although it didn't look like it last night, they do have some pride. They will play hard and if the Cowboys take this game for granted, they will lose.
You cannot predict this NFL from week to week. I mean, not too many "experts" gave us a chance against New Orleans. Carolina beating Minnesota? Oakland over Denver with Jamarcus Russell beating them? There are no locks in this league anymore.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Even if the skins come to play next week:

1)I feel that we should be able to harass their QB a ton next week, and force him in to mistakes, turnovers, etc.

2)We should be able to run the ball.

So sooner or later those two things will do them in.

I am nervous about every skins game, as many of you are, but if we are able to pressure the pocket and run the ball I think we can overcome their effort.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Turned off the game and went to bed early. What happened with Fat Albert and everyone's favorite angel, BJ?

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys need to get this done next week. Wade not making them practice on Christmas is making me nervous as hell. I better see Spencer, and Ware crushing Bubba Campbell like a walnut!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Dallas just needs to go into the game believing that the Skins can, and will, try and be like the Colts or the Saints or any really great team this year against Dallas.

They need to take every game like they're playing the best team in the league. Nothing less.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3166398 said:
i got this from the skins board, trying to see if i can find some bulletin board material for us;

The Skins staff is almost as stupid as its fans. But the fan is right; you kick the FG before the half. Stupid, stupid play. But I guess that's what happens when you have nothing to play for.

aikemirv

Reaction score
That team layed down for the Ginats.

They won't do it for the Cowboys, I would bet on that!

Unfortunately for Campbell he took the brunt of the team laying down. He should have been kicking his Olineman for that performance!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
**** the Sk*ns, and **** their stupid fans.
I don't hear anybody jumping on bleachers saying 'We Want Dallas' this week.

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3166552 said:
The Skins staff is almost as stupid as its fans. But the fan is right; you kick the FG before the half. Stupid, stupid play. But I guess that's what happens when you have nothing to play for.

Oh believe me the Skins fans off and on the internet are stupid. Have you actually heard Larry Michael the Skins network try and read a fan letter? Wow talk about being upside down, and quite the bozo! His fans who usually those letters, come from poor rural regions outside of Washington. Or they are just rich fat pigs who don't care about reading at all. It's actually quite sad how stupid some of their fans are.

gmb85

Reaction score
CowboysFaninBaltimore;3166546 said:
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys need to get this done next week. Wade not making them practice on Christmas is making me nervous as hell. I better see Spencer, and Ware crushing Bubba Campbell like a walnut!
Yeah, but they're practicing today which is usually the off day.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3166447 said:
True, but to play Devil's Advocate, they just got a new GM and some of those guys know he will be watching to see who has mailed it in or not.

However, I just don't see the Cowboys losing to the team I saw last night.

Those guys were beyond done, and as Cowboyjoe has shown us, even the Commanders fans sensed it.

But I agree with you, the X factor is where will our heads be.

We just took down the mighty Saints, so will our heads get big or will we finish the Commanders off?

exactly buddy, which cowboys team will show up

Nomad

Reaction score
What stuck out to me is that he called him "Big Albert" instead of the more obvious nickname for fat dudes named Albert, haha.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
gmb85;3166576 said:
Yeah, but they're practicing today which is usually the off day.

yeah but they got monday off

think about this;
the cowboys played on saturday night right

then the cowboys players got sunday off, monday off,
thats 2 days in a row off

and you know how we do when players get a more than one day off in a row

then on top of that, the cowboys players get Friday off too,
so that will be 3 days they have gotten off

and what is our history when the cowboys get a like bye weekend off, they lose their focus

thats the point in trying to make, so we need to keep things lit up, so they can see it and stew on it friday, etc

kinda like ware and romo said after they viewed the film that coach joe d gave them on what tony dungy said, the cowboys have no chance

gmb85

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3166586 said:

think about this;

and what is our history when the cowboys get a like bye weekend off, they lose their focus

thats the point in trying to make, so we need to keep things lit up, so they can see it and stew on it friday, etc

kinda like ware and romo said after they viewed the film that coach joe d gave them on what tony dungy said, the cowboys have no chance
Well...hopefully we'll be ready.:eek::

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3166586 said:

think about this;

Joe we went on a 6 game winning streak with mondays and tuesdays off. Not sure what you are saying.

and it was proven all the guys were showing up anyway to work.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
theebs;3166590 said:
Joe we went on a 6 game winning streak with mondays and tuesdays off. Not sure what you are saying.

and it was proven all the guys were showing up anyway to work.

but not the cumultation of 3 days off

when the cowboys get like a bye week off over 2 days, they lose part of their focus

cowboys got sunday and monday off, and they will get friday off, thats 3 days off this week

main thing again, i just dont want a letdown, because we may have to win this game and the game against the eagles, because of the giants winning that easy game last night, that gave them alot of confidence

we may not get a chance to get into the playoffs with one loss

like we may have to win against the skins and eagles just to win the division and get in the playoffs

if we win the 6th seed, we have to play the Saints, and you know how hard it is to win against a team the 2nd time the same year

gmb85

Reaction score
Well cowboyjoe, even Michael Irvin is agreeing with you on his radio show.

kmd24

Reaction score
If Levi Jones plays like he did last night, Spencer and Ware might end up breaking Campbell/Collins in half.

Dude looked like his feet were nailed to the Fedex turf.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3166595 said:
but not the cumultation of 3 days off

when the cowboys get like a bye week off over 2 days, they lose part of their focus

cowboys got sunday and monday off, and they will get friday off, thats 3 days off this week

main thing again, i just dont want a letdown, because we may have to win this game and the game against the eagles, because of the giants winning that easy game last night, that gave them alot of confidence

we may not get a chance to get into the playoffs with one loss

like we may have to win against the skins and eagles just to win the division and get in the playoffs

if we win the 6th seed, we have to play the Saints, and you know how hard it is to win against a team the 2nd time the same year

when did they get 3 days off? And again, all the guys showed up even on the off days.