'Skins forum: Dear God I hope they were saving it for Dallas...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Dear God I hope they were saving it for Dallas...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened tonight was embarrassing. Everyone in attendance deserves a refund, including Giants fans. What I saw out there was a team that was not prepared and played as if they were just going through the motions. From the first drive, you could tell it was gonna be a long night.

I have no gripes with Campbell. Peyton Manning would not have looked good behing that line. I have more gripes with the defense and that idiot Zorn. YOU KICK THE FG BEFORE THE HALF, IDIOT!!! They ran and threw on our defense as if they weren't there. As a loyal Skin fan, I'm embarrassed.

One more thing, how in God's name didn't Jacobs get ejected from the game, but Big Albert is the ONLY one to get penalized? Also, is it me or does it seem as if no one wants any part of Big Albert?

Well anyway, I have a feling this beatdown does not bode well for Dallas. We just got our hats handed to us, if these guys have any heart, they'll be more than ready for Dallas.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i got this from the skins board, trying to see if i can find some bulletin board material for us;

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I'm not sure why any bulletin board material is needed.

All the motivation should come from needing to win in order to make into the playoffs.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
The Commanders have mailed it in. They just got a new GM and their Head Coach could be fired in minute now.

This doesn't mean the game won't be competitive, but if the Cowboys jump on the Commanders early, the Commanders will just lie down (unlike the Saints).

It's over.

Now it is up to the Cowboys to put them out of their misery.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
03EBZ06;3166404 said:
I'm not sure why any bulletin board material is needed.

All the motivation should come from needing to win in order to make into the playoffs.

well you would think so, but what happened when we needed to win in the ravens game, then what happened in the last game of the season against the eagles?

i just dont want any kind of letdown and some cowboys players get full of themselves for the way they won against the saints;

gmb85

Reaction score
I still don't trust this team completely but I'm all in now. If they break my heart again then I'll deal with it and root for them next year. But if they can do it, then I think we'll be in Miami. :)

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3166407 said:
The Commanders have mailed it in. They just got a new GM and their Head Coach could be fired in minute now.

This doesn't mean the game won't be competitive, but if the Cowboys jump on the Commanders early, the Commanders will just lie down (unlike the Saints).

It's over.

exactly, Maikeru, but when cowboy have needed to put teams out of their misery like the 2nd game against the giants, what happened

even on thefan, they are saying that they think the cowboys skins game, it will be like a super bowl for the skins to beat us, we have to be prepared and ready

gmb85

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3166409 said:
well you would think so, but what happened when we needed to win in the ravens game, then what happened in the last game of the season against the eagles?

i just dont want any kind of letdown and some cowboys players get full of themselves for the way they won against the saints;
The difference is, the Ravens were a playoff team and the Eagles were surging. This year, the Commanders suck. And the Eagles are the leaders of the East right now but we beat them at their place earlier this year. We can do it, but will we?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;3166407 said:

It's over.

This is exactly what I was thinking last night. The Skins always play Dallas tough, but the team that played last night was waving the white flag. Will they garner up enough enthusiasm to give the Cowboys a hard time next week? IDK, but even on the Skins best day, the Cowboys are better. With what's at stake, the Cowboys had better jump on them early and often. Hell, half of FedEx is usually rooting for Dallas anyway. It's like a home game, only louder.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3166418 said:
exactly, Maikeru, but when cowboy have needed to put teams out of their misery like the 2nd game against the giants, what happened

even on thefan, they are saying that they think the cowboys skins game, it will be like a super bowl for the skins to beat us, we have to be prepared and ready

The Giants still have the hope of winning the Division, the Commanders have been out of Playoff Contention for quite some time.

I know Commanders hate the Cowboys but I'm pretty sure they hate the Giants as well. Maybe not as much as the Cowboys, but I know they hate them.

The Commanders will come out swinging but if the Cowboys score on their first few possession and the Commanders haven't scored, I believe the Commanders will call it a day and it will be a blowout.

They are only a dangerous team if the Cowboys allow them to be.

After what I saw last night, I am convinced the Commanders are just begging for a team to finish em off :eek: .

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Paniolo22;3166417 said:
They never mail it in when it comes to the Cowboys.

they did in nearly the same scenario in 03.

That moron spurrier was riding it out and the team just went through the motions that december.

meanwhile snyder was plotting his next plan to turn it around.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;3166425 said:
This is exactly what I was thinking last night. The Skins always play Dallas tough, but the team that played last night was waving the white flag. Will they garner up enough enthusiasm to give the Cowboys a hard time next week? IDK, but even on the Skins best day, the Cowboys are better. With what's at stake, the Cowboys had better jump on them early and often. Hell, half of FedEx is usually rooting for Dallas anyway. It's like a home game, only louder.

I feel like you guys do. The Skins always play the Cowboys tough, I just hope the players keep this in the back of there mind all week.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
What I keep thinking is: it's Christmas. How can the Skins take this week of preparation seriously, knowing they have nothing to play for, knowing that their coach has basically been fired?

The temptation to slack off on game prep, film review, injury rehab, etc, -- and instead just try to enjoy the holiday with family -- must be incredible.

Plus they have a short week of prep for us.

If they come into this game with their heads in the right place, I'll be shocked.

The only X factor is where will our minds be? If we come in focused, we should be able to kill their spirit out of the gate.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
This game makes me nervous, but if they jump on them early i.e. 10-0 or 14-0 they will fold.

Rackat

Reaction score
I would like to see the game start the same way as it did in New Orleans. Start off aggressive, stay aggressive, get a couple of touchdowns, and break their spirit before the start of the 2nd quarter.

superpunk

Reaction score
Our team has alot of pride. You can bet that they are not happy with how they played against Washington last time - they know we got LUCKY to win that game. I'm sure that's more than enough motivation to come out and stick it to this team.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Danny White;3166435 said:
What I keep thinking is: it's Christmas. How can the Skins take this week of preparation seriously, knowing they have nothing to play for, knowing that their coach has basically been fired?

The temptation to slack off on game prep, film review, injury rehab, etc, -- and instead just try to enjoy the holiday with family -- must be incredible.

If they come into this game with their heads in the right place, I'll be shocked.

The only X factor is where will our minds be? If we come in focused, we should be able to kill their spirit out of the gate.

True, but to play Devil's Advocate, they just got a new GM and some of those guys know he will be watching to see who has mailed it in or not.

However, I just don't see the Cowboys losing to the team I saw last night.

Those guys were beyond done, and as Cowboyjoe has shown us, even the Commanders fans sensed it.

But I agree with you, the X factor is where will our heads be.

We just took down the mighty Saints, so will our heads get big or will we finish the Commanders off?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
What happened last night should be all the motivation needed for the Boys to continue to strive to play their best game of the season. Not so much that the Skins are in complete disarray and mailed it in. But watching the Giants, a team only 1 game behind you in the playoff chase, go out and put together an absolutely dominant performance should be a vivid reminder to the Boys that if they slip up even just a little bit a willing rival will surely overtake them. There is absolutely no margin for complacency.

Reaction score
Danny White;3166435 said:

Good points.

They have a short week, with Christmas holidays in the middle of it and nothing to play for. It all points to a Cowboys win.

But I also thought we had no chance in New Orleans too. And although it didn't look like it last night, they do have some pride. They will play hard and if the Cowboys take this game for granted, they will lose.