Twitter: Skins offered Cooper $22M per year

aikemirv

Reaction score
zeke gave the team a well structured longer years deal and his money was backloaded..thats apples to oranges

want more Zeke also is Rb with one bite at the big apples and get this a lot less % against the cap , daks wants like 3.5 times more then zeke, let that sink in .. smh Zek ppeare dto get waht he wanted but he did compromise and Dak has not.. not one bit..its why hes tagged and we.ve signed 6 players the last 2 years to long term deals, they all came to the middle on the deal..
Never said I was comparing contracts - comparing backing the team in a corner to force a deal.

First Demarcus and the surgery - Jones folds - Zeke and the holdout - Jones folds - Dak playing hardball to be at or near top paid QB - Jones will fold.

Sometimes I think I don't explain things well enough on this board and other times I think - it's not me!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
$22M minus 8.95% in state taxes is not a better deal than what the Cowboys offered. Cooper was smart to not take the Commanders offer.

Washington, D.C., levies income taxes from residents utilizing 5 tax brackets.

• 4% on the first $10,000 of taxable income.
  • 6% on taxable income between $10,001 and $40,000.
  • 7% on taxable income between $40,001 and $60,000
  • 8.5% on taxable income between $60,001 and $350,000.
  • 8.95% on taxable income of $350,001 and above.

Joe, the stadium is in Landover MD not D.C. and I doubt many players actually reside in D.C. so you need to use MD. taxes. Also using your 8.95% on 22 mil is $1,969,000. or just 31K less than the 2 mil difference. That's 1.969 mil that he wouldn't have to pay in state income taxes in Texas.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It all comes down to this: Who do you want throwing ducks at you - D. Haskins or D. Prescott? :huh:
Shucky ducky, Quack, Dak. :laugh:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Okay. Of course, all this assumes that Amari would even want to purchase a home in Arlington or the Dallas area. Shrug.

And do we know that he hasn't already bought a house in the Metroplex and lived there for the last year and a half?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Never said I was comparing contracts - comparing backing the team in a corner to force a deal.

First Demarcus and the surgery - Jones folds - Zeke and the holdout - Jones folds - Dak playing hardball to be at or near top paid QB - Jones will fold.

Sometimes I think I don't explain things well enough on this board and other times I think - it's not me!
they wont fold they FT got the WR and Te signed theres no rush..Dak either eats 32mil holding out and the new CBA will cost him missing any time thats non voluntary..go rad up I mane lots of heavy fines for no shows..they are stopping the Bell and Zeke type holdouts that the team can forgive the fines, the MNFL is going to enforce the fines..Dak hasn't made enough to lose a million or not showing up for TC or PS..dont act like daks got all the leverage..jerry would have signed him already like the others if they wanted to ..hes been tagged..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
zeke gave the team a well structured longer years deal and his money was backloaded..thats apples to oranges

want more Zeke also is Rb with one bite at the big apples and get this a lot less % against the cap , daks wants like 3.5 times more then zeke, let that sink in .. smh Zeke Appeared to get what he wanted but he did compromise and Dak has not.. not one bit..its why hes tagged and we've signed 6 players the last 2 years to long term deals, they all came to the middle on the deal..

When users are so adamant on what Prescott is asking for and what he's thinking when first there's been NONE, ZIP, NODA, ZILCH actual complete details of any of the offers by either party and no contract has been signed and made public yet to substantiate anything is remarkable. I want one of their crystal balls so I can see things that others can see.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
they wont fold they FT got the WR and Te signed theres no rush..Dak either eats 32mil holding out and the new CBA will cost him missing any time thats non voluntary..go rad up I mane lots of heavy fines for no shows..they are stopping the Bell and Zeke type holdouts that the team can forgive the fines, the MNFL is going to enforce the fines..Dak hasn't made enough to lose a million or not showing up for TC or PS..dont act like daks got all the leverage..jerry would have signed him already like the others if they wanted to ..hes been tagged..

It is true that fines will no longer be forgiven by the team like in the past. This could be an incentive for Prescott to sign his tag offer and attend all required sessions. I've said all along that Prescott doesn't hold all of the leverage some here thinks he has. I've also said that until an actual contract is signed and made public EVERYTHING said about that contract is nothing but SPECUALTION. That and 2 bucks can get you a coffee.

basel90

Reaction score
This shows how selfish Dak has been in this process . Dak should be grateful the cowboys discovered him and gave him a chance .
Amari was willing to be flexible . Dak is sticking to greed .

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It’s simple for me: Amari said that there was a lot more to choosing a team than just money and that he wanted to be in Dallas... and true to his word, he took less to stay a Cowboy. That means something in the cutthroat world of professional sports.

Plus, I know Denver and some other teams were also in the picture, meaning Washington probably wasn’t his only offer.

Cooper wanted to be a Cowboy. He said he did and unlike many, he showed he did.

He’s a really good player but he showed something of the make-up of the man.

That’s impressive to me. I’m glad he’s going to spend his career in Dallas.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn't nearly as important as people like to believe. Game checks are taxed based on the city the game is played in.
Exactly right. Having no state income tax helps, but only half the games are in Arlington so he has to pay based on the other states he plays in.