Skins plotting a big move?

Paradox

Reaction score
It sure looks like team president Bruce Allen and the Washington Commanders are doing everything possible to get a firsthand look at this year’s top NFL draft prospects.
8cce1caf3ca29ea6da8392127a5b0cff.jpg

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...et-with-washington/ar-BBVOYCZ?ocid=spartandhp

Flamma

Reaction score
Washington is in a pile up to their necks. They have to keep Alex Smith for 2 more years due to the absurd dead cap if they release him. That's a 20 mil cap hit followed by 21M the next season not counting the QB that's actually going to start. Another cautionary tale. Smith wasn't worth the contract the day he signed it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Washington is in a pile up to their necks. They have to keep Alex Smith for 2 more years due to the absurd dead cap if they release him. That's a 20 mil cap hit followed by 21M the next season not counting the QB that's actually going to start. Another cautionary tale. Smith wasn't worth the contract the day he signed it.

Yes, his 2019 salary of 15M was guaranteed and his 2020 salary of.16M was guaranteed for injury.

By keeping him on the roster past March 17 his 2020 salary became fully guaranteed.

His current cap hit is: 20.4M

His cap hit if cut: 52.6M

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Can you believe that Alex Smith's current career earnings are 187M ?

Flamma

Reaction score
Can you believe that Alex Smith's current career earnings are 187M ?

It's amazing. I think sometimes teams think they're capturing lightning in a bottle. The sad thing is, if he didn't get it from the teams that paid him, he probably would have made that from someone else. Teams more often than not overpay the quarterback for a team's success without considering other factors that led to that success. Baker Mayfield is probably top 3 happiest QBs on a rookie contract right now.

Paradox

Reaction score

That's probably why they may be looking to get a quality starter on a rookie contract. Tall order.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And our idiot fans *****ed and moaned about not signing a 1st day FA.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder how much of that money he'd give back in exchange for a healthy leg? He'll predict the weather by the time he's in his 40's.

He had already earned over 100M before the season started...

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Rosen makes way too much sense for Washington. Kind of that quick, accurate pocket passer that Jay Gruden wants to have, and he'll play the next 3 years for peanuts while Washington gets out from under the Alex Smith contract.

If Arizona only wants a second for him, the Commanders should get on the phone right now.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll assume you're right, but I wasn't trying to say otherwise.

I would personally let someone break both of my legs for that much money. But that's just me.

I broke 2 bones in my right leg in April a year ago. It cost me money and was more traumatic than I would have expected.:(

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ouch! Mind if I ask how that happened to you?

I took my dog to the dog park and someone's large dog running full speed ran into the back of my leg and I didn't see it coming.

I think they threw a ball and the dog was chasing it which is why he didn't see me.

I think it was a Rottweiler but the owner didn't claim it and nobody else was certain which dog hit me.

Paradox

Reaction score
I took my dog to the dog park and someone's large dog running full speed ran into the back of my leg and I didn't see it coming.

I think they threw a ball and the dog was chasing it which is why he didn't see me.

I think it was a Rottweiler but the owner didn't claim it and nobody else was certain which dog hit me.

Wow, that must have been painful! And not to take the side of the guy who had the dog, but it was probably smart to not claim the dog at the time. You could have sued their *** off!

Because of lowlife scumbags like that guy, we'll all be wearing 360 degree GoPros on our heads soon enough.