Skins @ Ravens - Flexed

Reaction score
Will the Cowboys/Steelers game get moved to the night game? Right now they got NE/SEA as the night game, will the flex scheduling have the cowboys game move into that slot instead?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I beleive the Cowboys are maxed out on prime time games for this year.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me when they don't flex us into another time slot. I get all the games regardless of what time or channel they're on.

WG5516

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2441169 said:
I beleive the Cowboys are maxed out on prime time games for this year.

Really? We've only had 2 primetime games so far and I think only 5 on the season. I think last yr we had more. I may be wrong though.

Mysterio

Benched
Reaction score
WG5516;2441197 said:
Really? We've only had 2 primetime games so far and I think only 5 on the season. I think last yr we had more. I may be wrong though.

Philly - Primetime
Green Bay - Primetime
Washington - Primetime
NY Giants - Primetime
Baltimore - Primetime

We are maxed out.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
We are Maxed out on Sunday night games. I'll be at that giants game Dec.14th can't wait.

WG5516

Reaction score
Mysterio;2441212 said:
Philly - Primetime
Green Bay - Primetime
Washington - Primetime
NY Giants - Primetime
Baltimore - Primetime

We are maxed out.

Ok mybad I thought 6 was the max because last yr we had 6 primetime slots.

Coy

Reaction score
Mysterio;2441212 said:
Philly - Primetime
Green Bay - Primetime
Washington - Primetime
NY Giants - Primetime
Baltimore - Primetime

"We are maxed out.

That is not the reason, the reason they couldn´t flex Cowboys at Steelers is because FOX protected the game, it couldn`t be moved.

"They have updated the 2008 NFL Flex Schedule page, which breaks down the rules on the Flex Schedule and the running breakdown of how many times each team has appeared in primetime and on NBC. (Under the rules, only three teams can appear 6 times in primetime during the season and no team can appear more than four times on NBC)".

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl/flex/

WG5516

Reaction score
Coy;2441233 said:
That is not the reason, the reason they couldn´t flex Cowboys at Steelers is because FOX protected the game, it couldn`t be moved.

"They have updated the 2008 NFL Flex Schedule page, which breaks down the rules on the Flex Schedule and the running breakdown of how many times each team has appeared in primetime and on NBC. (Under the rules, only three teams can appear 6 times in primetime during the season and no team can appear more than four times on NBC)".

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl/flex/

Ok cool, so we can still be flexed into an NBC slot because we only have 3 scheduled so far and we still have 1 possible primetime game. Our last game against Philly could be flexed depending on what game NBC has that night.

Coy

Reaction score
WG5516;2441244 said:
Ok cool, so we can still be flexed into an NBC slot because we only have 3 scheduled so far and we still have 1 possible primetime game. Our last game against Philly could be flexed depending on what game NBC has that night.

Exactly, NBC will decide what game to show on week 17, it could very possibly be Cowboys vs Eagles depending on playoff implications.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Monday, November 24, 2008
NBC to show Skins-Ravens in prime time; Pats-Seahawks moved to 4 p.m. ET

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The Washington-Baltimore game on Dec. 7 in Baltimore has been moved from 1 p.m. ET to 8:15 p.m. and will be televised by NBC as part of the NFL's flexible scheduling.

It will replace New England at Seattle, which now will be played at 4:05 p.m. ET. It's the first switch of a game from afternoon to prime time this season.

The Commanders-Ravens game is between two teams in the playoff race with 7-4 records. While the Patriots, also 7-4, remain in contention, Seattle (2-9) is out of it.

The flex scheduling was instituted with the new television contract in 2005 to allow more attractive games to be switched to prime time in the last two months of the season.

zack

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2441335 said:
Monday, November 24, 2008
NBC to show Skins-Ravens in prime time; Pats-Seahawks moved to 4 p.m. ET

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The Washington-Baltimore game on Dec. 7 in Baltimore has been moved from 1 p.m. ET to 8:15 p.m. and will be televised by NBC as part of the NFL's flexible scheduling.

It will replace New England at Seattle, which now will be played at 4:05 p.m. ET. It's the first switch of a game from afternoon to prime time this season.

The Commanders-Ravens game is between two teams in the playoff race with 7-4 records. While the Patriots, also 7-4, remain in contention, Seattle (2-9) is out of it.

The flex scheduling was instituted with the new television contract in 2005 to allow more attractive games to be switched to prime time in the last two months of the season.

The better flex game would have been Dallas @ Pitt! I was hoping for that....

Pabst

Reaction score
I'm sure the Dallas/Pitt game was protected, and thus unavailable to be flexed.

Each week, CBS and Fox can each protect a game, and as such, that particular game cannot be flexed, iirc.