Video: Skip and Shannon on Byron Jones Eagles Reports

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I want to know where people are hearing this. It seems like the Eagles are said to be targeting this guy or that guy. Where is this information really coming from? It’s no secret they need to upgrade the back end of their D, but I doubt they just let the world know their actual plans...or any team for that matter.
He gets it from the dredges of the internet’s :laugh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We really haven’t had any ball hawking CB’s in a long while either.
Yet we wanted and signed Brandon Carr because of his ball-hawking skills. But even he didn't deliver many interceptions for the Cowboys. He left and went to Baltimore and started intercepting passes.
So out of all the CB's we've had in that long while, none of them had ball-hawking skills? :huh:
Sounds like a scheme issue to me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yet we wanted and signed Brandon Carr because of his ball-hawking skills. But even he didn't deliver many interceptions for the Cowboys. He left and went to Baltimore and started intercepting passes.
So out of all the CB's we've had in that long while, none of them had ball-hawking skills? :huh:
Sounds like a scheme issue to me.
He played 16 games last year and had 0 int’s. He played 16 games the year before and had 2. You picked a horrible example to try and fit your agenda.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He played 16 games last year and had 0 int’s. He played 16 games the year before and had 2. You picked a horrible example to try and fit your agenda.
And what agenda would that be? :huh:

Relax, Sunshine. Everyone doesn't have an agenda. Some of us are just engaging in conversation.
But if I have an agenda, it's trying to interpret facts.
And the fact is that the Cowboys haven't been a team that creates turnovers. Even you said so yourself. Remember your "in a long while" statement?
Therefore, if we haven't been getting turnovers "in a long while" it either has to be …
1. We're not drafting and signing the right players, and, by extension, NONE of the players we've signed consistently create turnovers or ...
2. It's the SCHEME or CULTURE.

So which do you subscribe to? Or do you have another, agen, er, perspective? ;) :laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And what agenda would that be? :huh:

Relax, Sunshine. Everyone doesn't have an agenda. Some of us are just engaging in conversation.
But if I have an agenda, it's trying to interpret facts.
And the fact is that the Cowboys haven't been a team that creates turnovers. Even you said so yourself. Remember your "in a long while" statement?
Therefore, if we haven't been getting turnovers "in a long while" it either has to be …
1. We're not drafting and signing the right players, and, by extension, NONE of the players we've signed consistently create turnovers or ...
2. It's the SCHEME or CULTURE.

So which do you subscribe to? Or do you have another, agen, er, perspective? ;) :laugh:
Obviously #1 Einstein.

irving

Reaction score
You mean the side that Cooper isn't lined up on ? 1-on-1 , does Jones shut down Amari ? I don't see that happening..........................
Jones is not a shut down corner, Sanders was a shut down corner. Plays can be made against Jones, no one should refer to him as shut down corner in my opinion.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Jones is not a shut down corner, Sanders was a shut down corner. Plays can be made against Jones, no one should refer to him as shut down corner in my opinion.

NFL rules have changed since Sanders. It’s much harder, if not impossible, to be a shut down corner in today’s league.

Jones is a very solid CB...and a more consistent player than Amari. They are both due to be overpaid a little because of their free agent status. If I had to pick one of them to overpay, it would be Jones.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Some of you guys are ignoring the fact that some teams teach CB’s to turn and play the ball and other teams teach CB’s to play through the WR’s hands without ever turning and facing the ball. The later will lead to fewer picks but less INT calls. This is the system Dallas (and Philly) used. That said Jones’ ball skills could be better but he’s a very good cover corner who you can leave on an island. That is a huge advantage for a DC to be able to single up one side. It provides freedom to roll the safety the other way or even bring some more pressure.

Overall he’s a very good player but his price tag is about timing as much as skill set. Young CB’s with his track record don’t hit the market very often so he’s going to get overpaid.