Video: Skip Bayless: Cowboys Fans deserve better than Jerry Jones

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
He said he's written 3 books about the Cowboys. I enjoy reading about them.

Has anyone read his books & are they worth the read?

Coy

Reaction score
Spot on, especially the part where he says Jerry needs another Jimmy Johnson.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Bayless and Smith are both terrible. Bayless trys way too hard and Im sick of SAS and his constant subtle playing if the race card.

beevomav

Reaction score

Yes and in one of those books he inferred Troy Aikman was gay. I listened to an interview with Troy Aikman and he has not forgotten or forgiven. He said, "I have run into Skip but if I do, I might knock him on his ***." I would pay to see that..

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I agree with everything they said.

Jerry Jones the owner is Jerry Jones the GM's boss and the boss is perfectly happy with the way things are going. You talk about accountability but who is holding Jerry Jones accountable?

This team is stuck in neutral and will remain so until Jerry is gone and maybe even beyond.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys fans deserve to have Jay Ratliff and Skip Bayless locked in a room together until at least one of them quits breathing. A 24 hour per day video feed should be available to all Cowboys fans of this event.

Kristen82

Reaction score
I agree with everything they said.

Jerry Jones the owner is Jerry Jones the GM's boss and the boss is perfectly happy with the way things are going. You talk about accountability but who is holding Jerry Jones accountable?

This team is stuck in neutral and will remain so until Jerry is gone and maybe even beyond.

Looking at it from Jerry's perspective, he owns the team so he has the right to assume any role in the organization he wants. DAL being a highly renowned organization not just in the sports world but the business world in general and Jerry having come from relatively a humble background, who could blame him for assuming a highly visible role with the team? If you bought a Z06, would you want someone driving you around in it or would you rather drive it yourself?

And people slamming Jerry are hypocrites. You know you're going to cheer for the team no matter what so unless you for once actually put your money with your mouth is and cheer for another team and forgo buying Cowboys merchandise and tickets and watching Cowboys games depriving Jerry and the team of advertising revenue etc. etc., then your incessant histrionic b_tching is pointless and painful to listen to.

mrmojo

Reaction score

I have and he creates controversy, whether it is true or conceived like the Aikman is Gay rumor or the accusation by John Blake that Aikman was racist. He points out a lot of what if scenarios and creates the argument that the Boys of the 90's dynasty was luck. He did the same in "Gods Coach", I don't think he came across as very flattering to Coach Landry. A lot of conspiracy theories in his books.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Looking at it from Jerry's perspective, he owns the team so he has the right to assume any role in the organization he wants. DAL being a highly renowned organization not just in the sports world but the business world in general and Jerry having come from relatively a humble background, who could blame him for assuming a highly visible role with the team? If you bought a Z06, would you want someone driving you around in it or would you rather drive it yourself?

And people slamming Jerry are hypocrites. You know you're going to cheer for the team no matter what so unless you for once actually put your money with your mouth is and cheer for another team and forgo buying Cowboys merchandise and tickets and watching Cowboys games depriving Jerry and the team of advertising revenue etc. etc., then your incessant histrionic b_tching is pointless and painful to listen to.

I don't blame Jerry Jones for doing what he is doing. He can do what he wants.

But he isn't immune to criticism from fans or the media simply because it is his team. And why am I a hypocrite for cheering for the team I've been following since I was teenager? I'm rooting for the players on the field not the guy in the owner's box. If that bothers you that's too bad.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Cowboys fans deserve to have Jay Ratliff and Skip Bayless locked in a room together until at least one of them quits breathing. A 24 hour per day video feed should be available to all Cowboys fans of this event.

Id DVR that for sure.

JustAGuy

Reaction score

1. For the people criticizing Jerry Jones the GM to qualify as "hypocrites" they would also have to own their own team and have named themselves GM with a track record and management style the same as Jones does the last 17 years. Since that is not the case the term "hypocrite" does not apply.

2. Your analogy of a car and an NFL franchise is a bad comparison. A better one would be comparing owning the Cowboys to owning a stock car. Would you drive it yourself or hire the best professional driver for Daytona? Another comparison would be if Jerry bought a hospital... should he name himself lead surgeon?

3. Nobody is forcing you to read or respond to threads critical of Jerry Jones. You could just choose to ignore threads of that nature rather than try to tell people how they should conform or leave.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Nothing to do with football- but I personally like being chauffeured. I can get as out-of-my-gourd as I want and not worry about getting home. I also like looking out the window when I go places.

Is that bad of me?

I could care less.

Most of my friends respect this and they are demons on the road. I don't complain.

I'd rather my ride be exciting than a leisurely stroll...

Frozen700

Reaction score
Yeah we deserve better than a guy who has brought in more than half of our superbowl rings.

My only problem with Jerry, is his ability to find a pretty decent coach as of late.

I wouldn't trade him for the World though, next owner might come in, and is not willing to spend, like Jerry is. Jerry will always do whatever is necessary to win, like taking a leap of faith on a guy like Dez, and we hit on a top 2-5 WR .