Video: Skip Bayless: Cowboys Fans deserve better than Jerry Jones

JustAGuy

Reaction score
Yeah we deserve better than a guy who has brought in more than half of our superbowl rings.

My only problem with Jerry, is his ability to find a pretty decent coach as of late.

I wouldn't trade him for the World though, next owner might come in, and is not willing to spend, like Jerry is. Jerry will always do whatever is necessary to win, like taking a leap of faith on a guy like Dez, and we hit on a top 2-5 WR .

How many decades does Jerry get a pass because of what he did in ancient times? Give me a number on that please.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Fans don't deserve anything because the Cowboys organization doesn't owe the fans anything. Similarly, fans don't owe the Cowboys organization anything. This is a free market. You can leave whenever you want and seek out a better product.

Now, whether or not Jerry has mismanaged the Cowboys over the past decade or so is a different issue--and a valid one--but it has nothing to do with fans being owed anything.

Last edited:

Frozen700

Reaction score
How many decades does Jerry get a pass because of what he did in ancient times? Give me a number on that please.

Without him, we probably don't have those stacked teams, probably not considered Americas Team, and probably looked at as chumps in the NFC East, trophy wise.

JustAGuy

Reaction score
Fans don't deserve anything because the Cowboys organization doesn't owe the fans anything. Similarly, fans don't owe the Cowboys organization anything. This is a free market. You can leave whenever you want and seek out a better product.

Now, whether or not Jerry has mismanaged the Cowboys over the past decade or so is a different issue--and a valid one--but it has nothing to do with fans being owed anything.

I can't agree with this at all. If there are no fans to watch the games and buy the stuff then there is no NFL period. They do owe us because we make it all possible for grown men to play a game for a living that makes them rich and famous rather than work a crummy job.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I can't agree with this at all. If there are no fans to watch the games and buy the stuff then there is no NFL period. They do owe us because we make it all possible for grown men to play a game for a living that makes them rich and famous rather than work a crummy job.

They don't owe you anything because you can take your business elsewhere. You're not obligated to watch them.

JustAGuy

Reaction score
They don't owe you anything because you can take your business elsewhere. You're not obligated to watch them.

You tell me how the NFL makes any money without the fans to watch it. Can you do that? Zero fans to watch on TV to generate ad buys, zero fans at the stadium to buy tickets and merchandise. I'm all ears for your explanation.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
You tell me how the NFL makes any money without the fans to watch it. Can you do that? Zero fans to watch on TV to generate ad buys, zero fans at the stadium to buy tickets and merchandise. I'm all ears for your explanation.

They can't, but it doesn't mean they owe you anything. It's like saying Irish Spring owes you because you buy their soap.

Look, Jerry has a done crap job over the decade. We all acknowledge that, but he doesn't owe you anything.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Of course the Cowboys owe their fans. You pay X amount of money for what they are selling. Anytime you sell a product you owe your customer. Period!

Dodger12

Reaction score
Without him, we probably don't have those stacked teams, probably not considered Americas Team, and probably looked at as chumps in the NFC East, trophy wise.

Jerry inherited the "America's Team" moniker when he bought the club; we were America's Team long before Jerry Jones. But he's certainly doing his best to give it away.

Eddie

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade him for the World though, next owner might come in, and is not willing to spend, like Jerry is. Jerry will always do whatever is necessary to win, like taking a leap of faith on a guy like Dez, and we hit on a top 2-5 WR .

I've heard this nonsense for 15 years. Jerry will do whatever it takes to win ... including horrible drafts, pizz poor talent evaluation, extraordinary cap mismanagement, failure after failure after failure.

ONE ****** playoff win in 17 years. Pathetic.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

Shut up punk...stop trying to play our fan base...we know full well WHY we hate him. Gasoline holdin mofo! I like how he holds his sports positions as if they were important, like politically/globally etc. Sports dude...you talk about sports.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Of course the Cowboys owe their fans. You pay X amount of money for what they are selling. Anytime you sell a product you owe your customer. Period!

You don't have to buy the product if you don't like it. He doesn't owe us anything. When you buy the NFL ticket you buy it for all 32 teams. So the NFL is putting a good product on the field. You buy jerseys and shirts right? They are top quality stylish etc... Right? You are paying for a good product. Whatever the football team does in the field is not owed to us we can stop watching anytime we want.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I have and he creates controversy, whether it is true or conceived like the Aikman is Gay rumor or the accusation by John Blake that Aikman was racist. He points out a lot of what if scenarios and creates the argument that the Boys of the 90's dynasty was luck. He did the same in "Gods Coach", I don't think he came across as very flattering to Coach Landry. A lot of conspiracy theories in his books.

He knows his target audience.

The dude knows how to work cowboys fans into a frenzy.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Skip Brainless is scum...he and ESPN are perfect for each other...

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
What bothers me is the implication that the Cowboys fans are magical fans, that they deserve better because their great grandfather caught a ball that bounced off Don Meredith's helmet. There's nothing special about Cowboys fans and the Cowboys don't owe you anything. Go root for another team, it's easier than ever to follow any team you want in the year 2013.

Bills fans haven't even had a .500 season (the same record that Cowboys fans complain about like it's 0-16) in nearly a decade. I never hear anybody say Bills, Jaguars, Rams, etc. fans deserve better.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It's hard to argue with what Skip says.

I think Jerry is content with being a "show". Would Jerry rather the team win? Of course, but a whole bunch of money and all the attention in the world is a hell of a consolation prize.