Video: Skip Bayless: Dak Prescott is the most under appreciated quarterback I can remember

Daillest88

Reaction score
We have 80 mill but we have a ton of Free Agents and Amari and Dak are going to take up a ton of that cap space.

I don't think we'll have a roster as talented as we had this year for awhile.
We will see how the contracts are structured.

shabazz

Reaction score
his rookie was great. He caught a lot of people off guard. Sophomore year there was tape on him and he struggled , 3rd yesr he improved. This year his deep ball looked much better. Next year .. Garrett is no longer here lol

That's what gives me hope. All the gaudy numbers put up against losing crap teams, but struggling to get wins when facing tough defenses may come to an end with MM at the helm. Hopefully we will see those losses converted to wins

fredp22

Reaction score
Cowboys appreciate Dak but that doesnt mean they should make him highest paid in the game. They made him a solid offer showing their appreciation. No appreciation would have been a 15-20 offer
that video was tough to watch after Skip said Dak was better than Mahomes. Mahomes won a SB as well as SB MVP because he pulled that game out- What has Dak done?
Willing to bet KC would turn down Dak and 2 #1 for Mahomes

Last edited:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
SB teams can overcome an average day from their QB. The Dallas Cowboys rely solely on their QB to play perfect games. It happened Romo's entire career. He could throw 5 TDs and 1 int and idiots would say he lost the game. Dak's career is heading that same way. Cowboy fans are some of the worst in sports, but then you throw in Cowboy haters also and it was just easy to blame Tony. Same thing will end up happening to Dak. I don't remember one time any player ever did anything magical to help Tony out in any playoff game he was ever in. Ware was the best pass rusher in the league and he never had a huge play for this team in the playoffs. Nobody ever talked about that though.

Redline360

Reaction score
First of Skip is an idiot looking for views.
Secondly Dak will get paid

Dak is an above average quarterback that most bottom feeding teams would take in a heartbeat.

From what I've seen through the years Dak is not the quarterback that lift players up. Its actually the opposite. I think having one of the best OL, premier running game, and coop is what makes Dak look good.

Dak falls right in line with Wentz and Goff. I do believe he's better than goff however Wentz is physically the better gifted quarterback. Wentz only downside is his availability. Dude is always hurt

Dak is worth 30-32m tops.

John813

Reaction score
Prescott is Josh Allen with less running ability (or just chooses not to use it).

Ehhh, Allen has a cannon but no accuracy.

Dak isn't great at placement, but there's a 9% difference in completion percentage between the two. 65% vs 56% is a huge difference.

johneric8

Reaction score
SB teams can overcome an average day from their QB. The Dallas Cowboys rely solely on their QB to play perfect games. It happened Romo's entire career. He could throw 5 TDs and 1 int and idiots would say he lost the game. Dak's career is heading that same way. Cowboy fans are some of the worst in sports, but then you throw in Cowboy haters also and it was just easy to blame Tony. Same thing will end up happening to Dak. I don't remember one time any player ever did anything magical to help Tony out in any playoff game he was ever in. Ware was the best pass rusher in the league and he never had a huge play for this team in the playoffs. Nobody ever talked about that though.

What you said is correct, our Dallas Cowboys have had incredibly sporadic coaching and that is very hard to overcome if not impossible, so the judging to harshly of Dak should stop there quite honestly. You eluded to Romo throwing 5 td's and 1 int and getting castrated and that is true, but Romo did have a knack for throwing interceptions and the worst and most uncanny of times. This is something that Dak doesn't do quite honestly as he is a better protector of the football in crucial moments.

Bottom line is that a strong and tight team can get it done, but that team needs strong leadership and needs to have timely execution of a non predictable playbook.

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm just afraid that we won't be able to put together the team around him that we need to win.

We're going to have to get lucky in the draft and we desperately need to find a difference maker on defense.
Been that way for the past decade

lwehlers

Reaction score
Dak is getting criticized because he is going to get paid a lot of money when he is a slightly above mediocre QB.

Good luck winning a Superbowl with a highly paid mediocre QB. We're basically lowering our odds at a championship for a mediocre player.
this team will never get close to winning a superbowl paying 40 million a year to an above average quarterback who inflates his stats against mediocre teams.

garyo1954

Reaction score
It's been said for every Cowboy QB for as long as I remember. People wanted Staubach replaced with Morten, White replaced with Hogeboom, etc. etc. It's just the way of Cowboy fans.

Longer than that really. There were those who want Morton to replace Meredith. Morton was considered the best backup in the league with potential to be a starter on a lot of teams. I can remember Craig coming in for Don when he was having a bad day. I always wondered how much that, and the addition of Staubach, played into Don's retirement.

Blue64

Reaction score
Look guys, we got quite a bit out of Dak on a incredibly cheap rookie deal. The guy never complained and kept his down and kept working to improve. I would argue that we got a ton out of Dak for what he has been paid! Just look at how much guys like Dlaw got and how he performed! I believe that once Dak is paid you will see an even more focused QB, that is the kind of guy he is.
I don’t think you’re going to get more by paying him more.
Did the Cowboys get more out of D-Law or Zeke by paying them more? Heck argue all you want that D-Law was double teamed but this guy was also ineffective going up against backup O-linemen.
Fans argue that Zeke got another 1000yard season so he did well? Did he really do well or did he just seem to hit those holes slower than in the past, taking himself out at crucial moments.
Sure maybe it was JG’s system at fault, but I really don’t think so...
This team and it’s star players have an unhealthy mentality that I believe will not change regardless of who the coach is.
It’s all about me, myself and I... not about team regardless of how many speeches they make and our FO is to blame.
You should not have your star DE holding out on getting surgery, or your RB refusing to honor his contract until they get their deals...
Or as it relates to Dak, refusing a deal that supposedly was offered making him one of the highest paid QB’s in the league, because you think you’re worth more.
I believe Dak will be franchise tagged this season and then you will see his true colors show as he decides to hold out...
Instead of adopting the mentality of new coach, new system go out there and show them what he can do and put all arguments to rest.
No he’ll be in Cabo or some other part of this world waiting for Jerrah to give in.
Until Dak proves otherwise he is not an elite QB, despite his gaudy numbers this season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak will be significantly more appreciated once he's had the benefit of far better coaching and schemes to bolster his support. Skip Bayless doesn't seem one to be honest in his assessments of the Cowboys and their capabilities anyway. It's hard to believe he's really sincere in his fandom to start with. He's basically a self-serving putz with selfish motives, anyway. I'll bet Troy Aikman would gladly attest to that. ;)

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
I don't think he's underappreciated by the guys who will sign his checks. but he'll be a tough contract to conclude. if we tag him (likely) and he has a great year under mac, he'll want even more the next season. and his agent is probably telling him to play hard ball since that will effectively derail mac's first season with the cowboys. firing garrett was absolutely necessary, but the move gave dak more negotiating leverage.