Twitter: Skip Bayless leaving FS1

BoysForLife

Reaction score
He’s not paid to be correct, he brings viewers. Have people really not figured it out yet the these guys are just putting on an act? Stephen A, Bayless, and so on dont even believe the stuff they say, but it draws attention
Bingo

It's like pro wrestling, commentary style

They're either a face that sucks up to fans or a heel that does everything they can to irritate people

But either way people tune in to either revel in or get seriously POd by the people depend on their personal point of view

Skip, SAS, etc aren't paid because they're right most of the time

They're paid because people talk incessantly about what they say.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s not paid to be correct, he brings viewers. Have people really not figured it out yet the these guys are just putting on an act? Stephen A, Bayless, and so on dont even believe the stuff they say, but it draws attention
He brings empty headed viewers.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Always been a hack. He and Stephen A are the reasons I have never watched a show on ESPN or FS1 in over 10 years.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I can tolerate Cowherd, listen to Nick Wright and listen to the guys on Speak. There is nobody at ESPN I can listen to because of the clear hate for the Cowboys, and it's not because I am a fan it's because of the uninformed hate/negativity. Greenberg, SAS is annoying, Tannenbaum is a laugh because his title of the worst GM in the history of worst GMs in the NFL plays out on the show. Bart Simpson is well, you know. Clark, and the others are just intolerable. I don't think there is one show I can listen to that isn't bias towards one or two teams. That is not journalism.....

stiletto

Reaction score
Network sports shows will all die. People are jumping to their own podcasts which is smart. Skip has one and will be there I'm sure and strange thing is a ton of people will watch. No idea why.

Ghost12

Reaction score
+1 +1

Skip Bayless is really the pioneer of the sports talk show host strategy of deliberately saying stupid things so people will talk about how stupid you are.... because with everyone talking about how stupid you are, they then tune in to hear the next stupid thing you say.

Bayless proved sportstalk is an industry where it is far, far better to have people talk about how stupid you are than not talk about you at all.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
+1 +1

Skip Bayless is really the pioneer of the sports talk show host strategy of deliberately saying stupid things so people will talk about how stupid you are.... because with everyone talking about how stupid you are, they then tune in to hear the next stupid thing you say.

Bayless proved sportstalk is an industry where it is far, far better to have people talk about how stupid you are than not talk about you at all.
maybe back then, but not now...ratings don't lie, and he has said some real stupid stuff of late and his audience has clearly spoken