Twitter: Skip Bayless leaving FS1

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I always appreciated Skip for what he was: part showman, die hard sports critic. He overplayed his hand with Shannon Sharpe and he paid the price.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Network sports shows will all die. People are jumping to their own podcasts which is smart. Skip has one and will be there I'm sure and strange thing is a ton of people will watch. No idea why.
You could be right .........remember Parsons initially signed to join Skip his rookie year but backed out. Now he has his own podcast.....

CWR

Reaction score
Hate to see such a loyal Cowboys fan go. This guy is.......really full of crap. Good riddance.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
+1 +1

Skip Bayless is really the pioneer of the sports talk show host strategy of deliberately saying stupid things so people will talk about how stupid you are.... because with everyone talking about how stupid you are, they then tune in to hear the next stupid thing you say.

Bayless proved sportstalk is an industry where it is far, far better to have people talk about how stupid you are than not talk about you at all.
They ain’t tuning in anymore.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Relevant to the Cowboys as he’s probably responsible for 50% of the Cowboys tv airtime/discussions. I imagine Jerry is unsettled by this news.

The show probably isn't doing that good and was given a choice to quit or be cancelled..............

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
The show probably isn't doing that good and was given a choice to quit or be cancelled..............
I think they've him save face by quitting but the numbers were super low for his shows. Under 30000 viewers low.