Video: Skip Bayless nails it in regards to Dak not getting signed it

D4KADON

Reaction score

I know we don't need another Dak thread but Dak brings up some interesting points

-Dak may not have been demanding Mahommes money but it was pretty darn close

-Jerry has always been reasonable in contract negotiations and has always more or less overpaid. Prescott and the new agent was being unreasonable

-The new contract offered by Dallas would've made him the second highest paid qb with over 80 million guaranteed

-The media is currently bashing the dallas cowboys on this but how come no one is reporting what Dak's demands where. That's a very good point by Bayless

-This isn't a kirk cousins deal because Dallas did offer Dak a fair deal, unlike Washington. Dak just didn't want it

I'm left with two things here

1. Does Dak even want to play here anymore? Valid question

2. Why is Jerry the villain all of a sudden, considering in their history they have always signed the player they wanted or needed?

I like Prescott, but several of his fans have to ask themselves, are you a fan of the Dallas Cowboys or a fan of Dak Prescott because his demands are literally detrimental to the team and its success in the future.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skip Bayless also said Troy Aikman was gay, Tom Landry was overrated, Johnny Manziel would one day be bigger than LeBron in Cleveland, Paxton Lynch was “cant miss”....this could go on and on.

I wouldn’t believe Skip Bayless if he told me the sky was blue.

Last edited:

D4KADON

Reaction score
Skip Bayless also said Troy Aikman was gay, Tom Landry was overrated, Johnny Manziel would one day be bigger than LeBron in Cleveland, Paxton Lynch was “cant miss”....this could go on and on.

I wouldn’t believe Skip Bayless if told me the sky was blue.

I understand the ad hominem criticism on Bayless is valid. However, just because he was a total tool in those circumstances you prevented above does not mean he's wrong here. Thanks for the post, bud

SSoup

Reaction score

I wouldn’t believe Skip Bayless if told me the sky was blue.
Ok, but what if he agreed with you on something you were passionately deranged about? You'd probably cite him then and hope no one noticed you deputized a dum-dum into your dumb argument.

D4KADON

Reaction score
If Dak was demanding Mahomes money, why was he trying to get the deal done directly at the deadline for a fraction of Mahomes money?

Mahomes money wasn't ever on the table, even in video games.

What Skip and Shannon are saying, they are saying Dak was offered more or less 35 million, which would make him close to around the second highest player behind PM. However that was not accepted. He wants close to 38-40 with a 4 year deal.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What Skip and Shannon are saying, they are saying Dak was offered more or less 35 million, which would make him close to around the second highest player behind PM. However that was not accepted. He wants close to 38-40 with a 4 year deal.
I understand that. But I don’t think anyone except Dak, his agent and the Jones boys know the whole story.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Skip don’t give Daks agent enough blame. The last offer was the same as before, SJ just changes the way it was distributed. Offered a bigger amount up front. Dak is saying he would have signed it. Why did Daks agent not contact JJ earlier in the day so there was time to get it done. In fact SJ has to ask the agent for permission to speak to Dak on the last day. His agent should have been on the phone that morning bright and early giving the last effort for his client. He has other players he is a agent for a I notice another is playing on the tag also.

Rayman70

Reaction score

I wouldn’t believe Skip Bayless if he told me the sky was blue.
THIS^

Rayman70

Reaction score
Skip don’t give Daks agent enough blame. The last offer was the same as before, SJ just changes the way it was distributed. Offered a bigger amount up front. Dak is saying he would have signed it. Why did Daks agent not contact JJ earlier in the day so there was time to get it done. In fact SJ has to ask the agent for permission to speak to Dak on the last day. His agent should have been on the phone that morning bright and early giving the last effort for his client. He has other players he is a agent for a I notice another is playing on the tag also.
NAILED IT^

Rayman70

Reaction score

I know we don't need another Dak thread but Dak brings up some interesting points

-Jerry has always been reasonable in contract negotiations and has always more or less overpaid. Prescott and the new agent was being unreasonable

-The new contract offered by Dallas would've made him the second highest paid qb with over 80 million guaranteed

-The media is currently bashing the dallas cowboys on this but how come no one is reporting what Dak's demands where. That's a very good point by Bayless

-This isn't a kirk cousins deal because Dallas did offer Dak a fair deal, unlike Washington. Dak just didn't want it

2. Why is Jerry the villain all of a sudden, considering in their history they have always signed the player they wanted or needed?

I like Prescott, but several of his fans have to ask themselves, are you a fan of the Dallas Cowboys or a fan of Dak Prescott because his demands are literally detrimental to the team and its success in the future.

I also made the observation that MAYBE Dak just doesn't want to be here past 2020. Its very valid. Holding a team hostage for something close to what Mahomes got was plain STUPID by Dak and the agent. He made his bed,good luck to him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That is the central question. Dak isn't being reasonable and his agent is lying to him about his open market value. Dak is a top 15 Qb. Paying him like he's right there behind Mahomes is absurd . We are better off taking our chances with Dalton and loading up the defense with cap money.

Swagger

Reaction score

I don't agree with Skip on much but he nailed it here.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think they went up big time on the guaranteed money which is the only money that really matters.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think they went up big time on the guaranteed money which is the only money that really matters.
I think the original deal was over 100 million guaranteed, but you could be right, maybe we match goffs guaranteed at 110. Give him 70 in the first 2 years and 50 just to sign a piece of paper. lol.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Dak was demanding Mahomes money, why was he trying to get the deal done directly at the deadline for a fraction of Mahomes money?

Mahomes money wasn't ever on the table, even in video games.
me thinks the agent was pushing for it more than Dak, and Dak kinda found himself in a corner. Now he must live with the potential consequences come 2021. Unfortunately, we will also be forced to find another QB in free agency and the draft next offseason. Thanks to this SNAFU. ALL SIDES MADE MISTAKES. The agent did no favors to Dak or himself. If anyone thinks for 1 hot second Jerry and Stevie will forget this, they just have a short term memory issue lol...THEY WON'T FORGET. Mark this down...next year when it comes time to make a deal, they wont budge. HE WILL BE GONE. In fact, MAYBE that was his plan all along. It almost looks bipolar, how Dak went about this. Bizarre...or passive aggressive.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Most here are fans of Dak Prescott

Rayman70

Reaction score
what he wants and what the market is, were clearly 2 different things. He wasnt worth 38-40 per. LOVE DAK...That is my guy,I support him, but if that is true, they were out of bounds.