Video: Skip Bayless/Stephen A. discuss Cowboys being 5th most valuable sports franchise according to Forbes

joseephuss

Reaction score
#2 in North American sports, #1 in NFL

I think we actually dropped this year but we're easily the least successful sports franchise in recent times from the top 10.

That would be the Washington Commanders unless you are defining recent times as one single year ago.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Man u has been at the top for 20 years, I'm actually shocked Real is worth more

The difference is Cristiano Ronaldo went from man u to real Madrid . He took millions of fans with him . Those millions of fans generate massive $ in revenue / merchandise .

texbumthelife

Reaction score
it really isnt rocket science. people either want to see the cowboys lose really bad or watch them cause they like the team. it's no concidence that despite the teams record the last 10+ years they are still relevant and like skip said, ratings go through the roof when they play. people can't wrap that concept around their head.

Funny, I insinuated this exact thing in the thread referencing the Cowboys Google search numbers as evidence of their popularity. It was my point that it was notoriety as much as popularity. I got blasted by some clowns.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not that it matters what those clowns have to say about it, but there's little doubt the Cowboys are the flagship franchise in the NFL. 'Recent' success doesn't factor into things much, as the teams popularity has been more or less constant during those 'recent' seasons. And, overall, it's hard to argue with the franchises' rich history and all the great players and stories associated with it. There's a reason why we all post here during the dead of the long offseason, after all.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
SAS just proves others points. If he is not concerned with how mediocre we are, then stop talking about them. Yet, almost every show, he has to have some sort of input regarding the Cowboys.

All he does is contradict himself and looks foolish in the process.

Smith has no credibility when it comes to sports. He's one of the most hypocritical journalist that I've ever seen.

For instance, he'll constantly make fun of Romo and the Cowboys but he always puts a positive spin on Michael Vick, even though Vick is a nothing more than an average QB.

He does this is basketball and football. He'll rail on a player/team that he doesn't like but he'll make every excuse in the world and praise the players/teams that he likes.

erod

Reaction score
When the Cowboys win a divisional playoff game this year, the Stephen A. Smith varmints of the world are going to implode. How glorious that will be.

Finally, we appear to have a team worthy of its national attention again.