Skip Bayless, "The One Thing Jason Garrett Does Well"

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
It's funny how people forget how much he used to actually take a dump on the Cowboys and even Tony Romo and the built in excuse was "oh he did that because he just didn't like TO".

All of Tony's nicknames have been thanks to skip i.e. "Tony-OHNO" "Tony CHOKMO". It was Skip that first started the "Romo is terrible in Decemer" nonsense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And for the record, Tomlin had back-to-back 8-8 years in '12 and '13, plus a 9-7. And I'd say he walked into a better situation than Garrett did.

You emotionally reactive people make me defend Garrett, which I'm not even fond of doing.

Tomlin understands football and its quite obvious. For the most part, he believes in defense and strong run game. Now he has had to alter that the last few years because of his personnel, and it has been amazing. The guy can draft players. Pitt has pretty much been in the hunt for a long time with him. Its quite obvious he knows what he is doing. Just like with Garrett it is quite obvious he doesnt.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
right, feel free to join the Skip Bayless bandwagon. I think that says a lot about a person.
You do realize we had our best team in like 20 years last year, right? Was clapping the best thing he did last year, too? Stop being so emotional. It's childish.

13-3 under wade was our best team in like 20 years.

Im not emotional bro. Just because I pointed out what Skip said doesnt make me emotional. It makes me sad that this franchise is laughed at like it is as everybody celebrates our pitifullness.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Why do people feel the need to quote this moron on this board? He is a slime ball, liar, and doesn't know 1/1000 as much as he thinks he does. He's pretty universally disliked by people who know him well. He brings ratings to ESPN, and he brings them for a reason other than being a good reporter, or whatever you want to call him.

I see Mike Tomlin clap all the time. I see a lot of coaches clap all. the. time.

Tomlin claps while thinking about his Lombardi

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and yet the situations are still not linear, and are dramatically different in too many ways.

the point is, who gives a damn about clapping? every single coach save for BB does it, so who cares? it's such a silly thing to continually harp on.

very true...I seen some QB..can't remember who or what team a few weeks ago. A QB threw a pick, and the head coach was clapping as they came off the field....but oh no....that doesn't count.
I can't remember what team because it is insignificant.

It's ok to joke about it at times, but when it is incessant it is just annoying. Can't have one thread on here where clapping or Jerry or Jason sucks type posts are in it. And even jokes about them are fine at times, but it gets old too quick when that is all some do.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
very true...I seen some QB..can't remember who or what team a few weeks ago. A QB threw a pick, and the head coach was clapping as they came off the field....but oh no....that doesn't count.
I can't remember what team because it is insignificant.

It's ok to joke about it at times, but when it is incessant it is just annoying. Can't have one thread on here where clapping or Jerry or Jason sucks type posts are in it. And even jokes about them are fine at times, but it gets old too quick when that is all some do.
Is it incessant if at least one person mentions it Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday?

Wait.

Nevermind.

robjay04

Reaction score
Skip is the Howard Stern of shock debate sports radio.....most of his colleagues love him, so you have to remember it's all an act.

I agree---he plays a character. He is a stereotypical Cowboys fan that fans of other teams love to hate. He gives us all a bad name.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny. Posters get tired of the same threads but yet they post on the very thread they are complaining about.

:confused:

Because one sees a thread title that they may want to respond too. Only to read through posts as then it deteriorates to the same old crap.
Then the 1st page of threads, or first 3 pages, are nothing but the same thing. Clean that up, and the threads on the first page are then more appealing to have a productive forum.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
and yet the situations are still not linear, and are dramatically different in too many ways.

the point is, who gives a damn about clapping? every single coach save for BB does it, so who cares? it's such a silly thing to continually harp on.

Because ALL Garrett does is clap. Good play, clap. Bad play, clap. Fumble? Turnover? Clap, clap.

Sometimes a coach has to chew a player's ***.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Those that hate any person/place/thing will agree with ANYONE who shares the same feelings whether they like that person or not. That's with anything in life though. I do know Garrett needs to step up greatly but I almost want him gone just to see someone else brought in and see what they can/can't do. The same people will say the exact same thing about the new coach and how he needs to go.

Nothing personal about Garrett. Im sure he is a very nice guy. The hatred is for his coaching and the opportunity cost of having him here as compared to a GREAT head coach. Which there is no reason why the Dallas Cowboys should be hiring lackey, trainee coaches or puppets. As a fan base we deserve much better. Many Cowboy fans everywhere. And Jones is screwing us all over for his own personal insecurities.

Like Garrett and any other coach, I will give him a year to show me what he has. And unlike others, it is not solely based on record. You can tell a good coach by the way he handles himself and the in game management.

Although with Garrett, I freely admit I hated him as head coach from day #1. But that was because I watched him butcher the offense and the play calling for 4 years as OC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because one sees a thread title that they may want to respond too. Only to read through posts as then it deteriorates to the same old crap.
Then the 1st page of threads, or first 3 pages, are nothing but the same thing. Clean that up, and the threads on the first page are then more appealing to have a productive forum.

And we are quite tired of guys like you sticking up for the hapless Garrett despite years and mountains of evidence displaying how incompetent he is. My God, we all had to sit through a full off season and years of the Garrett riders acting like he was the next Tom Landry in waiting. You cant possibly imagine how absolutely annoying that is for those of us that have seen for the last 8 years that Garrett was in waaaaay over his head.

Now at least you can finally see that the 12-4 season had nothing to do with Jason Garrett that many of you claimed with glee, and everything to do with 3 things:

-An acute running game that dominated the league
-Tony Romo and his ability to lead this team
-And acute ability for the defense to create turnovers

Take all 3 of those away and Garrett cant coach his way out of a paper bag. The hapless Garrett is 1-8 this year without those 3 things.

Unless of course your going to claim that nothing is Garretts fault. Which brings us back to the crux of our argument about Garrett. He doesnt do anything here. IF nothing is his fault, then its because he does nothing. Which is why he needs to go.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because ALL Garrett does is clap. Good play, clap. Bad play, clap. Fumble? Turnover? Clap, clap.

Sometimes a coach has to chew a player's ***.

Exactly. All he frikin does is clap. We could throw a pick six and hes clapping. The guy that threw the pick comes into the sidelines and he gets 3 hard claps and a fanny pat. Im mean.........CMON MAN!!!!