Video: Skip: Dak is the most Overrated FA!

KB1122

Reaction score
There isn't a sliding scale at quarterback. There are elite quarterbacks and everybody else.

The only reason to sign one of everybody else is:
  1. you have a great defense, which the Cowboys dont; or
  2. you don't care about winning championships, you're happy being middling and filling the stadium.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It is what it is. 6-9 QB's ahead of him and its his turn for market price.
But is that market price?
Seems' it is top 2

btw, we don't really even know if those numbers Skip threw out are real
Guess we'll see

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There isn't a sliding scale at quarterback. There are elite quarterbacks and everybody else.

The only reason to sign one of everybody else is:
  1. you have a great defense, which the Cowboys dont; or
  2. you don't care about winning championships, you're happy being middling and filling the stadium.

Great post.

100% agree.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
But is that market price?
Seems' it is top 2

btw, we don't really even know if those numbers Skip threw out are real
Guess we'll see
seems as if it is. If he was asking for 29Mil a year the Ink would already be dry. Bottom line is we all have questions as to how much help Dak needs. If you spend almost 40 he better not need much!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Prescott will get 38 this season if he gets tagged. Next year it's close to 50. These front office idiots need to get a grasp on the market.

Just because someone tells you that they are worth 50 doesn't mean you have to pay it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Just because someone tells you that they are worth 50 doesn't mean you have to pay it.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The tag amount isn't determined by what someone things, it's predetermined by the average of other contracts. This season the tag is paying out 38 million. If they tag Prescott next year, it will be close to 50. By tagging him this season the front office is setting the market for next season. The mistake the front office made is not signing him years ago and they would have saved money.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The funny part is how much support Shannon has for Daks contract situation and all he has done the last years is hand out "F" grade to Dak all season long.:omg:o_O

Ya this is the same guy who got fired from the Forth Worth Star Telegram because he lost is press credentials with the Cowboys because of all the negative articles he wrote about the Cowboys.

foofighters

Reaction score
The funny part is how much support Shannon has for Daks contract situation and all he has done the last years is hand out "F" grade to Dak all season long.:omg:o_O

The only time I watch this garbage is when I am forced to at Sports Clips...

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The tag amount isn't determined by what someone things, it's predetermined by the average of other contracts. This season the tag is paying out 38 million. If they tag Prescott next year, it will be close to 50. By tagging him this season the front office is setting the market for next season. The mistake the front office made is not signing him years ago and they would have saved money.

I'm talking about perceived value. Dak can sit there all day and claim that he is worth 38, 40, 50 and claim that because Deshaun Watson got that from the Texans that he is worth as much. Doesn't mean that you have to pay that. Hand Dak a 38 million a year contract and you are effectively resigning yourself to be a bottom of the barrel team because you will never be able to surround him with what he needs to succeed. He is never going to live up to that contract. If people are saying that Carson Wentz and Jared Goff are not worth the contract they were given then how the hell do you expect handing more money to Dak as being worth it? When the Vikings handed Kurt Cousins his ridiculous contract demand you think anyone thinks that was worth it? Why then would you do the same with Dak?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm talking about perceived value. Dak can sit there all day and claim that he is worth 38, 40, 50 and claim that because Deshaun Watson got that from the Texans that he is worth as much. Doesn't mean that you have to pay that. Hand Dak a 38 million a year contract and you are effectively resigning yourself to be a bottom of the barrel team because you will never be able to surround him with what he needs to succeed. He is never going to live up to that contract. If people are saying that Carson Wentz and Jared Goff are not worth the contract they were given then how the hell do you expect handing more money to Dak as being worth it? When the Vikings handed Kurt Cousins his ridiculous contract demand you think anyone thinks that was worth it? Why then would you do the same with Dak?
You're missing the point. If the front office tags him, then they think he's worth the amount. You're changing the argument and piling on a bunch of other QBs not in this situation. There's an argument as to who's better between Prescott and Watson, but the others? Nope.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

I've been inundated with football experts saying how the Cowboys are dogging Dak and that Dak is worth the $40 million and that JJ is a nut job for stringing Dak out! My response is WHAT HAS DAK DONE FOR ALL THIS HYPE?????? He hasn't won anything on his own. His rookie season was his coming out party and that was because of the O-line he played behind. Both Dak AND Zek were the talk of the town when the O-Line was kicking ***. When the O-Line injuries started to pile up so did the loses. But never fear JJ opened his wallet and paid Zek because he felt the Cowboys couldn't win without him and Dak gelling on Sundays. What a huge mistake this has turned out to be, Zek isn't the same guy without those studs opening holes for him and Dak hasn't been the same guy either. Sure Dak may be that clean cut leader every team needs, but he's not leading them victories the way a $40 million dollar a year player is suppose to do. Hell, go back last 2 - 3 seasons and you'll see he struggles big time when he's facing teams with winning records. I believe JJ isn't going to make the same mistake he made with Zek.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skip and Shannon playing for the attention. The click baits and so on.
They flipped the script where Skip is the bad guy vs cowboys and now shannon is the good guy.

The ploy is so obvious, just a shame people still by into this type of lazy programming.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Yeah Shannon is all in on Dak getting paid and we know what that's all about.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Would never even click his crap. The idea that this fool even makes a living doing what he does really irritates me. Some people actually listen to his crap. I don't get it!

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

and Skip Bayless is the most overrated person in sports...