Video: Skip: "I believe at the end of the year Dak will be Top 5"

Yobwocs

Reaction score

(scroll to 7:40)

Also.... I'd just like to point out that Dak has outplayed Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, and Brees in a game before:

2021: Dak > Brady. 29-28 with 1:24 to go. Should've been our win, tho we left too much time on the clock.

2016: Dak > Rodgers at Lambeau. Subsequently Rodgers got booed off the field by Packers fans, and Dak's star was born.

2018: Dak > Brees. Dak wasn't fantastic, but Brees was worse.

2018: Dak > Wilson. Playoffs.

Last edited:

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First somebody needs to define for me what they are talking about when the say Top Five QB? the question was "Will Dak Prescott ever be viewed as a Top Five QB" That's pretty vague. Are we talking of all time, are we talking about week to week, a season, what? Shannon obviously doesn't have a clue and He’d argue with a wooden Indian., Mick Vick changed directions on the question he looked as Confused as a goat on AstroTurf. Skip, well Couldn’t ride a nightmare without falling out of bed.

Define the question then maybe we can give a lucid answer. Maybe

blueblood70

Reaction score
First somebody needs to define for me what they are talking about when the say Top Five QB? the question was "Will Dak Prescott ever be viewed as a Top Five QB" That's pretty vague. Are we talking of all time, are we talking about week to week, a season, what? Shannon obviously doesn't have a clue and He’d argue with a wooden Indian., Mick Vick changed directions on the question he looked as Confused as a goat on AstroTurf. Skip, well Couldn’t ride a nightmare without falling out of bed.

Define the question then maybe we can give a lucid answer. Maybe

was this before thursdays game?

first 4 are easy mahomes, rogers, brady, and Wilson

5 is tough Allen, Jackson, waston, Dak, or TBD?? arguments can be made for many 5-10

tannehill seriously? that just seals the deal, shannon needs to shut his mouth..horse face!!

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
tannehill seriously? that just seals the deal, shannon needs to shut his mouth..horse face!!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
was this before thursdays game?

first 4 are easy mahomes, rogers, brady, and Wilson

5 is tough Allen, Jackson, waston, Dak, or TBD?? arguments can be made for many 5-10

Not sure when it was Blue, good question. Whats your criteria for top 5 or 10?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If he continues to build on Thursday and the Cowboys are winning games then I don't see why not.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Shannon Sharpe is one of the most annoying people to listen to. He’s one of those who loves hearing themselves talk.They need to pull the plug on him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure when it was Blue, good question. Whats your criteria for top 5 or 10?
the first 4 are easy because they all have won sbs and been to multiple sbs..they have carried their teams at some point...even ben even aging might be #5 he didnt so anything to be bumped off with retirement liike Brees and rivers did he but hes about to be done..

that why 5-10 is tough so many great qbs but none have done much in the post season.all with different skill sets but all can play the qb position great but not have arrived ELITE..top 5 should be elite..

the young guys cant be in to new so that crap from Shannon about Herbert umm Nope big no he had nice rookie season but huis team did what>? show me more

so for 5-10 not in order just up for debate

Allen, Jackson, Watson, Dak, Ryan , BenR??

in the running Murray , stafford , carr, Mayfield, tannehill??

no rookies or 2nd year players for me TBD incomplete data IMO

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
umm debatable yes, in stone no..

any of these guys would be at 5 that tough debate

Allen, Jackson, waston, Dak,

Dak was on pace to shatter the single season passing record last year until he got hurt. He’s had more 400 yard passing games than anyone the past 6 seasons. He’s been doing it with hardly any running game and with key players out on the OL. There’s not a QB in the league that’s carrying their team like he is. He’s throwing and running taking on linebackers to move the chains. Lamar Jackson isn’t as good as Dak. Take his running ability away and he’s pretty average. He has a better team around him. Allen has definitely come on and is very good but I still have Dak ahead. I’m basing it on how he looked last season before his injury and his performance against the Bucs on Thursday night. The only QBs I have ahead of Dak are Mahomes Rodgers and Brady. It’s certainly debatable but Dak is a top 5 QB in my opinion.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak was on pace to shatter the single season passing record last year until he got hurt. He’s had more 400 yard passing games than anyone the past 6 seasons. He’s been doing it with hardly any running game and with key players out on the OL. There’s not a QB in the league that’s carrying their team like he is. He’s throwing and running taking on linebackers to move the chains. Lamar Jackson isn’t as good as Dak. Take his running ability away and he’s pretty average. He has a better team around him. Allen has definitely come on and is very good but I still have Dak ahead. I’m basing it on how he looked last season before his injury and his performance against the Bucs on Thursday night. The only QBs I have ahead of Dak are Mahomes Rodgers and Brady. It’s certainly debatable but Dak is a top 5 QB in my opinion.

LJ was a league MVP, didnt he win Heiman as well? please like i said debatable Josh allen ,go look at his stats wasn't he responsible for like 50tds last year made the playoffs..more to it then yards, watson was the yards leader last year..on pace means nothing if you dont finish

like i said debatable very debatable but hes not the concrete 5 guy hes in the conversation..revisit at years end no playoffs no top 5 sorry..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LJ was a league MVP, didnt he win Heiman as well? please like i said debatable Josh allen ,go look at his stats wasn't he responsible for like 50tds last year made the playoffs..more to it then yards, watson was the yards leader last year..on pace means nothing if you dont finish

like i said debatable very debatable but hes not the concrete 5 guy hes in the conversation..revisit at years end no playoffs no top 5 sorry..

Lamar Jackson was a league MVP primarily because he put up over 1000 yards rushing setting a QB rushing record in the process. His ability to run sets up everything he does in the passing game. He had a real good team around him with a solid defense. I wouldn’t take him over Dak. Josh Allen had a terrific season last year but heading into the last season the jury was still out on him. Dak has been consistently good since his rookie year in 2016. He’s gotten better each year. I firmly believe he would’ve set more than a couple of all time passing records last season had he not gotten injured.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
the first 4 are easy because they all have won sbs and been to multiple sbs..they have carried their teams at some point...even ben even aging might be #5 he didnt so anything to be bumped off with retirement liike Brees and rivers did he but hes about to be done..

that why 5-10 is tough so many great qbs but none have done much in the post season.all with different skill sets but all can play the qb position great but not have arrived ELITE..top 5 should be elite..

the young guys cant be in to new so that crap from Shannon about Herbert umm Nope big no he had nice rookie season but huis team did what>? show me more

You will get to see Herbert up close and personal next week, don't worry.. I wouldn't put Dak top 5 at the moment. He is top 10 somewhere that's for sure. Needs a lot more big wins to be in Top 5.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What defines élite in this exercise? That's really my point and I think the reason some of us cant decide or even agree.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

(scroll to 7:40)

Also.... I'd just like to point out that Dak has outplayed Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, and Brees in a game before:

2021: Dak > Brady. 29-28 with 1:24 to go. Should've been our win, tho we left too much time on the clock.

2016: Dak > Rodgers at Lambeau. Subsequently Rodgers got booed off the field by Packers fans, and Dak's star was born.

2018: Dak > Brees. Dak wasn't fantastic, but Brees was worse.

2018: Dak > Wilson. Playoffs.

Dak is already top 7. For the pundits to say he is top 5 the Cowboys team will have to have more success. That is usually the way this works.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

All those other guys have had much better teams and coaching than Dak has. I know its layman's way of judging QB's by team success, but its not the end all be all. I have no doubts Dak wins SB's as well with the teams some of those guy have had around them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson was a league MVP primarily because he put up over 1000 yards rushing setting a QB rushing record in the process. His ability to run sets up everything he does in the passing game. He had a real good team around him with a solid defense. I wouldn’t take him over Dak. Josh Allen had a terrific season last year but heading into the last season the jury was still out on him. Dak has been consistently good since his rookie year in 2016. He’s gotten better each year. I firmly believe he would’ve set more than a couple of all time passing records last season had he not gotten injured.

i dont need lesson from you as to the why he still was voted an mvp.

dak hasn't done anything special.

YET my point is having league MVP is pretty important in a debate, not like he cant throw and has been to the playoffs and won a Heisman you still going to perpetuate a stereotype?

. Hes the QB -QUARTERBACK of a professional football team and won league mvp for that team therefore he qualifies for the 5th place debate in my book..