Video: Skip: "I believe at the end of the year Dak will be Top 5"

blueblood70

Reaction score
You will get to see Herbert up close and personal next week, don't worry.. I wouldn't put Dak top 5 at the moment. He is top 10 somewhere that's for sure. Needs a lot more big wins to be in Top 5.

wow thanks for the heads up, I was NOT aware:rolleyes:;)

but again, he doesn't qualify hes done LESS then dak Dak was 13-3 and went tot eh playoffs and got OROTY his rookie season so how does your reply add to the debate??

all rookies and 2nd year players In my book do not qualify for top 10 talk they havent proven anything.daks beter at this point..hes done more..

blueblood70

Reaction score
What defines élite in this exercise? That's really my point and I think the reason some of us cant decide or even agree.
top four i already explained all with sb win multiple championship games and some sb looses some mvps etc its blatantly obvious what separates.

Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, and Rogers and to some extent Ben qualifies even though he might be soon to retire..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
i dont need lesson from you as to the why he still was voted an mvp.

dak hasn't done anything special.

YET my point is having league MVP is pretty important in a debate, not like he cant throw and has been to the playoffs and won a Heisman you still going to perpetuate a stereotype?

. Hes the QB -QUARTERBACK of a professional football team and won league mvp for that team therefore he qualifies for the 5th place debate in my book..

I’m giving you a lesson on why Jackson won MVP. He rushed for over 1200 yards at the QB position. He’s closer to an RB than a QB. He’s like Barry Sanders at the QB position. He had only 3100 yards passing the year he won MVP. Last season he had only 2700 yards passing. With the defenses we’ve had we wouldn’t win crap with a QB putting up only 2700 yards passing. Jackson regressed last season. Would you rather have Lamar Jackson or Dak as your QB?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m giving you a lesson on why Jackson won MVP. He rushed for over 1200 yards at the QB position. He’s closer to an RB than a QB. He’s like Barry Sanders at the QB position. He had only 3100 yards passing the year he won MVP. Last season he had only 2700 yards passing. With the defenses we’ve had we wouldn’t win crap with a QB putting up only 2700 yards passing. Would you rather have Lamar Jackson or Dak as your QB?
the last two season who went to the playoffs, that guy i want not the leader of 8-8(3-5 when they counted) and one who missed 11 games

a weapon is weapon move the ball make the playoffs..the passing stats are useless if they dont get you in the playoffs..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
the last two season who went to the playoffs, that guy i want not the leader of 8-8(3-5 when they counted) and one who missed 11 games

a weapon is weapon move the ball make the playoffs..the passing stats are useless if they dont get you in the playoffs..

You better make sure the guy you want has a great defense to support him. The only reason the Ravens make the playoffs with him is because they have a solid team around him. Jackson regressed in practically every statistical category last season go check his stats. Dak was more than halfway to his passing yardage total after 5 games last season. Dak would have more than doubled Jackson’s numbers had he stayed healthy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You better make sure the guy you want has a great defense to support him. The only reason the Ravens make the playoffs with him is because they have a solid team around him. Jackson regressed in practically every statistical category last season go check his stats.
keep back pedaling LJ passing and throwing yards and TDs equal daks production its about production. You keep focusing on passing yards when scoring and wins are all that matter..

LJ was an integral part of those teams..his production was not bus driver go look he won for ALL his yards a nd scores COMBINED....that all that matters some qbs like BenR throw for 5k 35tds some like LJ have 5k combined and that many tds,,you get it yet its total production..

RaZon

Reaction score
Mahomes
Rodgers
Wilson/Brady/Allen

Right here we can talk Dak, Jackson and maybe Stafford.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
keep back pedaling LJ passing and throwing yards and TDs equal daks production its about production. You keep focusing on passing yards when scoring and wins are all that matter..

LJ was an integral part of those teams..his production was not bus driver go look he won for ALL his yards a nd scores COMBINED....that all that matters some qbs like BenR throw for 5k 35tds some like LJ have 5k combined and that many tds,,you get it yet its total production..

Jackson has been supported by one of the top ranked defenses in the entire league. The Ravens D was ranked number two last season. Jackson has given Baltimore one of the top rushing offenses in the league because he’s their best RB. I went on record last season saying the Ravens will never win a championship with him. The rules are all bent to favor the passing game and he had only 2700 yards last season. Those were Trent Dilfer like passing numbers. The Cowboys would be competing for Super Bowls every season with Dak if they had the Ravens defense. There’s at least 10 QBs I would take over Lamar Jackson.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jackson has been supported by one of the top ranked defenses in the entire league. The Ravens D was ranked number two last season. Jackson has given Baltimore one of the top rushing offenses in the league because he’s their best RB. I went on record last season saying the Ravens will never win a championship with him. The rules are all bent to favor the passing game and he had only 2700 yards last season. Those were Trent Dilfer like passing numbers. The Cowboys would be competing for Super Bowls every season with Dak if they had the Ravens defense. There’s at least 10 QBs I would take over Lamar Jackson.
moronic statements. Clueless fans cant add up production. Total, production is what got him mvp and makes him higher then dak in st polls asking who top 10

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
moronic statements. Clueless fans cant add up production. Total, production is what got him mvp and makes him higher then dak in st polls asking who top 10

A huge part of his total production was over 1200 rushing yards. No way would he have gotten MVP was just 3100 yards passing. He deserved the MVP that season but to win a championship a QB has to be able to get it done from the pocket. I see him as a better version of Michael Vick. If his passing numbers don’t improve it’s going to be interesting to see if the Ravens are going to be willing to fork over a huge mega contract to re-sign him. The league is gradually catching up to his style of play which played a big part in the decline of his passing and rushing totals last season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
A huge part of his total production was over 1200 rushing yards. No way would he have gotten MVP was just 3100 yards passing. He deserved the MVP that season but to win a championship a QB has to be able to get it done from the pocket. I see him as a better version of Michael Vick. If his passing numbers don’t improve it’s going to be interesting to see if the Ravens are going to be willing to fork over a huge mega contract to re-sign him. The league is gradually catching up to his style of play which played a big part in the decline of his passing and rushing totals last season.

NO this is the final point they the ravens offense was less then one point less then the chiefs thats ll that matters in the nfl scoring points and preventing points..LJ ios part of that scoring ..next

dak is not Great in the rz and he doesnt score the ball as much as we need him too..passing yards mean nothing if they dont lead to Tds..this is why a dynamic player who leads his team to wins with points is winning an mvp and ranked higher then a player like dak..so there skillset is different but LJ gets it done..

thats it ,enough thats why its debatable but guarantee 8-10 people would ut lj over dak..its close but that it..not ours own fans the media other fans around the league with no bias.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
NO this is the final point they the ravens offense was less then one point less then the chiefs thats ll that matters in the nfl scoring points and preventing points..LJ ios part of that scoring ..next

dak is not Great in the rz and he doesnt score the ball as much as we need him too..passing yards mean nothing if they dont lead to Tds..this is why a dynamic player who leads his team to wins with points is winning an mvp and ranked higher then a player like dak..so there skillset is different but LJ gets it done..

thats it ,enough thats why its debatable but guarantee 8-10 people would ut lj over dak..its close but that it..not ours own fans the media other fans around the league with no bias.

The Cowboys can’t prevent points they gave up more than any Cowboys team in franchise history. When Dak was in the lineup last season we had one of the highest scoring offenses averaging over 30 points a game. He accounted for 12 TDs in five games passing and rushing. Jackson had around 700 fewer total yards last season than the previous season and he accounted for 8 fewer TDs. The arrow is pointing down on him. By the way no way does 8 out of 10 fans take Jackson over Dak. Maybe on this board because you have a lot of stupid fans here. Jackson wouldn’t have gained 60 yards rushing against Tampa’s defense the other night and not a chance of him putting up over 400 yards passing. If you want to continue feel free but I’m done.

Last edited:

ICP

Reaction score
if it's something positive about our goat, we listen and cheer. if it's negative, it's clickbait and we shouldn't listen to it.
Yeah, three guys out there I can't stand are Bayless, Sharpe, and A Smith. No substance just put on acts for money

cowboyed

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson was a league MVP primarily because he put up over 1000 yards rushing setting a QB rushing record in the process. His ability to run sets up everything he does in the passing game. He had a real good team around him with a solid defense. I wouldn’t take him over Dak. Josh Allen had a terrific season last year but heading into the last season the jury was still out on him. Dak has been consistently good since his rookie year in 2016. He’s gotten better each year. I firmly believe he would’ve set more than a couple of all time passing records last season had he not gotten injured.

Hopefully wins will come along with the platitudes if the rest of the offense cooperates.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully wins will come along with the platitudes if the rest of the offense cooperates.

The offense just needs to stop with the untimely penalties, it’s the defense and special teams that need to cooperate.