Video: Skip: Love Dak but I love my Cowboys more

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Forcing yourself to pay the QB because he has a pulse as a decent player is the old way of thinking.. Which is why we will do it because the guys running this team are wayyyy to conservative with how they operate a football team and it’s been that way for awhile.

Dak at that number crushes our team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

At 12:00 min mark interesting how NFL Executives polled say there is 0 chance Dak is long-term in Dallas.

That proves it right there. Skip is clueless and has ALWAYS been wrong. Mouth breathers love him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Shannon is right.

lol sadly Shannon is right..

He’s taking on the role of looking at it from a selfish me 1st point of view.

BTW, I disagree with them about Zach Wilson.

Is Dak safer? Sure.. But Wilson has far more upside and I think Justin Fields on the right team will equal Dak.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I think Prescott is closer to his projected 37.7M salary than Bayless is to his 4M one. I find it hard to believe anyone would pay him that kind of money to do what he does.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Stop the name calling
2. Site rule #7 - You will not post political discussions, comments or content

Praxit

Reaction score
....not really, he luves his 6 figure income more. ;)..

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s funny how Shannon Sharpe, who hates the Cowboys and calls Dak’s passing game, “Dinkin and Dakin “ thinks Dak is worth 40 million a season. Then you have Skip who says the Cowboys should have brought in Brady and let Dak go last season. Brady would never get along with the Joneses so that dream would be a nightmare. I am starting to wonder if these guys look at Cowboys Zone before their show starts.
SS wants Dallas to sign him to a huge contract not because he thinks he's worth it - but more so because it would cripple their cap situation. He's said that before.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You aint never lied. They waste it on a aging JJ Watt or Offensive lineman. We need game changing Linebackers and a Lockdown DB. You know like the one they refused to pay and shipped out to Miami.
Right. We all done sat here and saw what this team did with Dak's cheap salary....now all of a sudden they are going to get it right I guess lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, I think Prescott is closer to his projected 37.7M salary than Bayless is to his 4M one. I find it hard to believe anyone would pay him that kind of money to do what he does.
He attracts Cowboys detractors and trolls. There’s obviously a huge market . Our continued appeal with TV viewership for games and programming like this on the air and over the Internet rooting against us are great indicators.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
SS wants Dallas to sign him to a huge contract not because he thinks he's worth it - but more so because it would cripple their cap situation. He's said that before.
Maybe, the reality is the talking heads have nothing else to talk about. Dak contract won’t cripple the cap. In 2022 expect a big jump because of gambling, an extra game and the new television contract.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right. We all done sat here and saw what this team did with Dak's cheap salary....now all of a sudden they are going to get it right I guess lol.
I haven’t heard anyone say this dysfunctional organization will get it right with or without Dak.

We’ve been a QB dependent franchise for most of this era and obviously seen what we are without the likes of a Romo or Dak. While it’s not championship caliber with them it’s much uglier without them.

And why it’s most likely Jethro will sign him and over pay if necessary to remain relevant and interesting.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I haven’t heard anyone say this dysfunctional organization will get it right with or without Dak.

We’ve been a QB dependent franchise for most of this era and obviously seen what we are without the likes of a Romo or Dak. While it’s not championship caliber with them it’s much uglier without them.

And why it’s most likely Jethro will sign him and over pay if necessary to remain relevant and interesting.

So what is it then? Why are people so adamant on letting Dak walk in favor of "defense"? Does that not elude to people having face this team will not only find a QB but make the right decisions on defense as well?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I like how people assume the Cowboys would spend the money wisely they didn’t spend on Dak lol...
Well yes there is certainly truth in this, lets get another McCoy or Poe, and draft another couple of Jaylon and LVEs, might even be able to throw in another bust DB for the price.
We can get a lot of extra darts to toss drunkenly at the old dart board.