Twitter: Skip regarding Dak. He's right you know

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia! Zone Supporter

33,635 Messages
    19,319 Likes Received
    Please prove both me and Skip wrong. :thumbup:

[​IMG]

2. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

10,195 Messages
    10,865 Likes Received
    Yup, and the usual suspects would be having a field day with how that performance was. Rivers looked worse than Nathan Peterman. Also, Carr didn't look all that spectacular.

3. foofighters

foofighters Well-Known Member

2,124 Messages
    3,054 Likes Received
    Rivers never got as much crap as Romo did either.

4. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia! Zone Supporter

33,635 Messages
    19,319 Likes Received
    "The usual suspects"... Lol. I like how you framed that.

Muderer's Row
    Bad New Bears
    Three Stooges
    Washington Generals

I'm sure I could go on....

America's Cowboy and Furboy like this.
  5. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

14,503 Messages
    7,166 Likes Received
    Is anyone considering Rivers a top QB still? When is this from 2008?

6. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

5,060 Messages
    8,456 Likes Received
    Last night was the worst performance I have ever seen from Rivers. I still think he is a really good QB though. No doubt Dak would have been crucified for that level of performance, but I think most QBs would have as a well.

Hadenough, Runwildboys, J12B and 5 others like this.
  7. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

10,195 Messages
    10,865 Likes Received
    Cheers haha. And yeah, Rivers was absolutely horrid. Carr, as stated, wasn't all that much better either. Just good enough to win, and Rivers just sort of gifted them the win, if you know what I mean. Lucky for Rivers, Oakland was offside on at least one of his interceptions or the score would've been worse. Oh, and that would've been in the red zone. Dak does that, the score of the game at the end doesn't matter. The usual suspects would pounce on him the entirety of the following week. Rivers should be chucked in the bin. He's a horrific QB haha.

8. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

3,882 Messages
    5,464 Likes Received
    Really thought Rivers and the Chargers would have a better year than this.

9. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

22,725 Messages
    59,331 Likes Received
    Playing for the Cowboys has its perks, it also has its negatives. High visibility comes with wearing the Star. Good and bad.

DFWJC, Techsass, Runwildboys and 13 others like this.
  10. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

12,042 Messages
    14,613 Likes Received
    Also helps that no one cares about the Chargers anymore, especially since the move from SD.

11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

76,685 Messages
    45,198 Likes Received
    Rivers was epic bad last night. I haven't seen enough of him this year to know if it's time for him to retire but I was shocked with what I saw. Skip is right though.

12. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

3,736 Messages
    3,244 Likes Received
    That requires context. The chargers don’t get as much media attention so you didn’t hear about it. But there was serious talk at the ends of the aughts that they may move on from Rivers when he was throwing all those picks. Cowboys never seriously considered moving on from Romo until Dak blew up.

that’s way bigger than ‘getting crap’

13. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

10,195 Messages
    10,865 Likes Received
    They're sort of like us at times, aren't they? Inconsistent, and do the same rubbish every year. At least they have a better coach.

GenoT likes this.
  14. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

4,648 Messages
    2,098 Likes Received
    Funny you mention that. I actually like Rivers now, but from 2007 to few years back I couldnt stand him, Lol. There were a few years there that the Cowboys and Chargers were the sexy pick for the super bowl. Both would fail and Rivers would never take the heat that Romo would.

15. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

10,195 Messages
    10,865 Likes Received
    To be honest, it's not. He and his defence did combine well to slam the Packers. And their team was depleted with injuries early on. They are much better in their record than we would be if we had the injuries the Chargers have had.

16. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

7,348 Messages
    18,371 Likes Received
    *yawns*

Is Dak a lock for the Hall of Fame?

Is Dak top 6 of all time in passing yards?

Is Dak top 6 of all time in Passing Tds?

Has Dak ever reached a Championship game?

Hall of Fame QBs get a pass for poor performances, not average QBs that cant win if his #1 receiver or Ot doesn't finish the game...

17. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

4,251 Messages
    7,142 Likes Received
    Forget Dak...if ANY QB had that kinda game, his local fan-base would crucify his sorry azz.

:laugh::thumbup:

18. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

3,992 Messages
    4,494 Likes Received
    The Chargers being in LA is like the Cowboys being in New Hampshire They should have stayed in SD

19. DakPresgoat

DakPresgoat Well-Known Member

11,584 Messages
    24,831 Likes Received
    I think Father Time has finally caught Rivers. He isn’t as sharp as he once was. It’s a shame but it happens to the best of them.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  20. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

10,195 Messages
    10,865 Likes Received
    That's sort of the reason I don't like Rivers. He's a bloody cry baby, the team I pull for when they're not playing us is the Broncos so there's another strike against him, and he gets away Scott free with his failures while the media attacks us. In fact, as you mentioned, Rivers could throw a game like yesterday and Romo could lose but have a great game, and Romo would be the one scoffed at. It's ridiculous. Pity they aren't held to that standard. Especially being in LA.

DFWJC, Cover 2 and Little Jr like this.