Video: Skip Shannon discuss Stafford trade possibility

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, you want to trade a qb who actually has a playoff win and an overall winning record for a qb who has a losing record and has never won a playoff game and a sketchy injury history lately, right? Did I get that right?
Almost dear. He's been in the league 12 years with only one Pro Bowl appearance while Dak has two in only 4 years. Rodgers didn't even accomplish that one.

Can't wait to see more Dak accomplishments when he's in the league that long. :muttley:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I or really any of us would need to watch the last 2 seasons of Detroit games to get a good idea on what Stafford is like now.
Without doing that I cant actually say if I would want him, or if he is better than dakster.

We all see all of daks games , so we do know him, but other qb's, unless we watch a bunch of their games we cant really know.

The only thing I can say is with stafford, Detroit is usually a pretty decent team, but GB has always dominated that div, and then Minn got good for a few years,
and chicago has been up and down good, so a much tougher div than ours.

Imagine dallas having to play those 3 teams twice a year, for last 4 years, what would daks record in those games be??
I know last year he lost to chicago and minnesota

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I or really any of us would need to watch the last 2 seasons of Detroit games to get a good idea on what Stafford is like now.
Without doing that I cant actually say if I would want him, or if he is better than dakster.

We all see all of daks games , so we do know him, but other qb's, unless we watch a bunch of their games we cant really know.

The only thing I can say is with stafford, Detroit is usually a pretty decent team, but GB has always dominated that div, and then Minn got good for a few years,
and chicago has been up and down good, so a much tougher div than ours.

Imagine dallas having to play those 3 teams twice a year, for last 4 years, what would daks record in those games be??
I know last year he lost to chicago and minnesota
I checked, and Dak / Dallas in 2016 was 4-1 against those teams, with the 1 loss being to GB in div round.
Since then though Dak / Dallas is 2-4 against those teams.

Stafford has to play them 6 games a year. and the coaching in detroit has not been good for awhile now. Patricia I thought might elevate them,
but instead they went downhill with him in chg.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, you want to trade a qb who actually has a playoff win and an overall winning record for a qb who has a losing record and has never won a playoff game and a sketchy injury history lately, right? Did I get that right?
When it comes to Dak....all logic goes out the window. They use to do it with Romo too. I don't understand it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I didn't make this up a week ago. I really hope Dallas explores all there options.
If we can get Stafford at his current cost, that would be amazing.

Lots of stupid on this one.
Sharpe playing the QB record stupidity.
Orlando playing the "he earned it", "pay da man", "don't be cheap" stupidity.
Skippy almost making a point that Dak may just not be signing long term for any reasonable amount. He made a good point that Stafford may not be willing to play for his current contract. Gotta get that resolved before a trade.

But Stafford is just bad timing for us. I don't see how we can swing it unless we just give up getting any trade value from Dak.

Despite injuries, Stafford had his best 2 QBRs in the last two seasons. Other stats show he's as good as he ever was. Just for his own play and contract, he looks like good value to me.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Matt Stafford is better than Dak..

I would take who ever is cap friendlier though..

basel90

Reaction score
Stafford had a terrible team . Dak had a better offensive set up and yet failed to win much , actually regressing the last 2 years . So we are not talking about Dak the winner super star . Heck he is like 5-25 against good teams , and a losing record in the playoffs .

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Injuries are a legit concern..

Everything else is silly though.. He’s better than Dak.

But

Give me the cheaper option because both guys have about the same impact on a football game.

I do think with WR being such a strength of our team and Zeke declining that Stafford is a better choice than Dak.

Beaker42

Reaction score
LMAO. You wouldn’t have traded for Marino either. You know, the slingin’ QB with no rings? TOTALLY his fault. No D in either Detroit or Miami. Dak/Dallas got lucky winning that playoff game.

Beaker42

Reaction score

I didn't make this up a week ago. I really hope Dallas explores all there options.
If we can get Stafford at his current cost, that would be amazing.

O is wrong - cutting a corner is what they’ve done on D for far too long. Trade Dak, sign Stanford and use the two years’ worth of savings to shore up the D. We will have a better team with Stafford than we would with Dak.