Video: Skip Shannon discuss Stafford trade possibility

D4KADON

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, you want to trade a qb who actually has a playoff win and an overall winning record for a qb who has a losing record and has never won a playoff game and a sketchy injury history lately, right? Did I get that right?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, you want to trade a qb who actually has a playoff win and an overall winning record for a qb who has a losing record and has never won a playoff game and a sketchy injury history lately, right? Did I get that right?

yes, lets put team metrics all on matt! genius.

While youre at it, lets blame tony romo for every year the cowboys didnt make the superbowl.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

I didn't make this up a week ago. I really hope Dallas explores all there options.
If we can get Stafford at his current cost, that would be amazing.

Attention Wallmart shoppers... Im not saying this team will, but there will be shoppers.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak is ascending still...STAFFORD has NEVER really ascended to do anything. Makes no sense to trade for a 2 year rental and knowing you will likely be searching for another QB in 2 years time lol..and its not like finding a franchise QB is easy. They dont come round very often. EASY PASS FOR ME. Just suck it up and pay the man.

JBS

Reaction score
Nothing to do w which qb is better..but the wins argument against stafford are just as stupid as the people that knock Dak for the lack of wins

fivetwos

Reaction score
Whats the idea here, that Stafford will play cheap?

Doubtful, and while he may be slightly cheaper than Dak he is that much worse on the field.

I don't at all see what Stafford has that Dak doesnt.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the biggest Cowboy haters(Shannon) and another Todd disciple (Scandrick) are selling Dak just because.
Stafford has QB talents that Dak in his wildest dreams will never reach!
We can only hope the hometown boy wants to go home.....

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I didn't make this up a week ago. I really hope Dallas explores all there options.
If we can get Stafford at his current cost, that would be amazing.

i've loved stafford. even when he was beating the arses of the cowboys with that touch pass he only seemed to have when playing our defense. there was a time i would have loved to see him on the cowboys roster as our qb.

that time has passed. people looking at him now for this are likely stuck in the past as well. if we were a QB away THEN and ONLY THEN could i see the risk. but our defense is going to get shelled and that doesn't come together in 1 year. not usually anyway.

the question to me isn't stafford in as much as do we spend $40mil a year on dak.

i think this team needs to look long and hard at itself and decide who they want to be when they grow up. either let mike do it or keep treading water in a sea of apathetic excuses.

i'd say cut zeke, get what you can out of dak, if anything, and see what cooper wants to do. find a young and hungry QB and RB and lets try again. but in any event, we're years away from anything new.

Carson

Reaction score
I'm not a salary cap expert but If it would free up dollars to upgrade the talent on defense count me in.

Staffords cap hits are $9.5 this year and $12.5 next year. More than half of what Dak willl get. But they likely want a 1st rounder for him

Im sure a cap expert will correct me if I’m wrong

morasp

Reaction score
Staffords cap hits are $9.5 this year and $12.5 next year. More than half of what Dak willl get. But they likely want a 1st rounder for him

That would be too steep for me.

aikemirv

Reaction score

I seriously doubt that would be more than half of Daks cap hits.