Twitter: Slater: Cowboys are prepared to let each play on prove-it deals

khiladi

Reaction score
Let's hope he's not chip off the old block!
This Dak deal is big pretty much the whole franchises future depending on what Jerry and Son decide about #4.

He seems worse. Jerry used to pay for big talent. The problem during those years is his love for Garrett consumed him and set the franchise back. I also think Stephen protected Garrett as well.

erod

Reaction score

My God, why won't he just. SHUT. UP.

Those are just ego-stroking words for Dak.

Of course Dak deserves it the most. He's the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys who makes less money than any starter on the offense. LOL

That doesn't mean he's going to sign him to a big deal anytime soon.

Reaction score
Were those two teams in '93 as bad as the current Giants, Commanders, and (first pick in the 2020 draft!) Dolphins? I don't recall that they were. In fact, I think one of them was in the Super Bowl the year before? Correct me if I'm wrong though.
The first game was against an excellent (and Super Bowl contender) Commanders team on the road.

The second game was against the Bills who they played in the Super Bowl the year before and would again at the end of the year.

slick325

Reaction score
NOW I understand why Zeke is willing to sit out the season...Top 5 at his position doesn't look quiet as good as two lesser players who happen to play QB and WR.

I don't blame the team as it pertains to Prescott and Cooper at all honestly. Have them prove it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke needs to prove it. prove what he could have been a consecutive 3 time rushing champion meaning all 3 years hes played in the league given he led the league even missing 6games with YPG average.. hes the only one who outplayed his contract.. not sure why they need to prove it..for sure Dak has a lot to prove and Amari playing only 2nd half of season, id like to see more...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I peed in the closet I was so happy we got Williams and disappointed wasn’t even the word when I saw him the years he was here

I kept pointing out Williams had as many 1,000 yard seasons with the Lions as the immortal Mike Furrey and was rudely attacked for it.

Too many Cowboys fans had on their Longhorn goggles for that deal. Jerry got played. :muttley:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That’s because if we put Garrett on a prove it deal he woulda been fired ages ago

So would his bosses, Jerry & Son.

Nothing like two guys with jobs for life talking about "prove it" deals. :rolleyes: